Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I only went overdrawn once during the debacle and was never charged fees. I only went €31 or so over though so maybe they set a new "ceiling" to hit first.

I made two payments to my UB CC and, fair enough they took a few extra days, but they both hit the CC fine. :) Like I said before I moved all my banking to BOI but they told me yesterday that I CANNOT close my account until the problems are over.

I told them that their website claims the problems ARE OVER but she just smiled and repeated herself. :rolleyes:

Fair enough, it's free banking so if I have to hang onto my card and stuff for the time being then so be it. I'm in the process of moving my credit card back to BOI as well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

J-blk wrote: »
    Yeah., payment sorted now but... 4.76 refund on the interest even though they charged me 22.50 (though I paid off the balance in full 11 days before payment was due). How are they even coming up with these random numbers? If somebody is doing all this manually, surely it's not that difficult to notice the entire interest amount should be refunded?

That's gas, you got €4.76 refunded on a €22.50 charge, I get 52 cents on a €46.43 charge.... I definitely think they need to apply interest free on CC for 12 months and refund interest charged during this debacle!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

100gSoma wrote: »
    15 working days since I raised the duplicate issue.
    Still there. I have ZERO confidence in UBs abilities now. :rolleyes:

I have zero confidence in the Indians' ability to fix the problem they caused

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

van_beano wrote: »
    That's gas, you got €4.76 refunded on a €22.50 charge, I get 52 cents on a €46.43 charge.... I definitely think they need to apply interest free on CC for 12 months and refund interest charged during this debacle!

I just called them to basically ask them once again "WTF?" - guess what the answer was? "Yeah, we're sorry - that's just the system reverting things automatically and the full amount will be refunded in your next statement (which is not due for another 3 weeks!)". So basically, "please wait" - again!

TBH, I'm past the point of even being angry anymore... the answer to everything is "please wait". Though they seem to have no answer to "until when exactly"?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 majella mallon

Not Indians doing the damage -definately psychopathic gremlins. My account reads like the hokey cokey of duplicate transactions and phantom transactions and phantom duplicate transactions - they are in they are out. I had diligently kept track of my account on line prior to this debachle ...now, do I know if it is my account anymore? -I don't recognise many of the transactions....who am I? Anyone else just plain confused?

• Advertisement

Not Indians doing the damage -definately psychopathic gremlins. My account reads like the hokey cokey of duplicate transactions and phantom transactions and phantom duplicate transactions - they are in they are out. I had diligently kept track of my account on line prior to this debachle ...now, do I know if it is my account anymore? -I don't recognise many of the transactions....who am I? Anyone else just plain confused?

I gave up on my account weeks ago and more or less tried to stop using it as much as possible. I keep a diligent account of usage and started to move things to BOI.

My friend...........well a different story completely. She kept borrowing money into her account and spending money. She more or less lost track because she didn't have a paper trail. She is currently pulling her hair out because she doesn't know what she has or doesn't have and cannot leave the UB because she doesn't know whats going on.

My account has showed ZERO balance for a number of days now which is what is should be(well I owe them €418.48 for a loan they paid for me - but I'm not telling them that). I'm happy with ZERO and will close my account when they "Allow" me to.

I was told "You cannot close your account because our systems are not up to date". "Hang on, your CEO says they are up to date to both an oversight committee of the government and on the website, who's lying here?"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

FINALLY. My account is back to normal. I am all set to close this sucker down but I want to know what my "compensation" will be. Probably not a whole lot so it's not really worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

My account is still a mess.
    I am hoping everything will be sorted soon but I was charged a late fee for my credit card that I'm not sure I'll get back - I payed it a day late after trying numerous times before it was due. It's not a huge deal but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 majella mallon

Keeping an eye on my account alright ....not that it helps, still phantom €300 euro in a couple of days ago and then out again ..before that €450 in and then out again a few days later. I don't just keep looking online I have printed out hard copies. You would imagine UB would bail the water out of a leaking boat but instead UB are just hosing it right back in. How are folks without internet banking managing? maybe better out of sight out of mind afterall

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

My credit card payments have been changed again so the money I paid off has been applied to the account and the cancelled payment delted but the statement still says "Reversed/corrected". However the interest charged to the account is still there so I'm not sure if that's going to be reversed or not, I'm pretty sure it should be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

emailed my account manager yesterday about duplicate transactions,said they are still a work in progress, and lo and behold i got them reversed today

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

My duplicate transactions were reversed today. Account finally back to normal one month after the whole debacle started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

So a few days after my current account is showing an up to date and normal balance.....

My bloody credit card account is now showing duplicates and reversals.

Im actually clueless as to what is a real transaction and what is not on my cc account.

bloody fuming.

just when i thought things were normalising so i could go in and shut them all down.

The BIG question on my mind is when the heck are they releasing information on compensation??????

they have been very quiet on that front....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The BIG question on my mind is when the heck are they releasing information on compensation??????

I'd be pretty certain that the only sniff of compensation the ordinary customer will receive without some serious complaining and pushing is some free bank charges during the affected period. They'll compensate their big governmental/business customers to keep the accounts but the ordinary customer won't be so lucky without putting up a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

How are things going with transfers into UB accounts? I have a savings account with them but delayed transfering the money - just wondering if it should be ok now? If i leave the money sitting in my current account too much longer it eill get spent!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

They'll compensate their big governmental/business customers to keep the accounts but the ordinary customer won't be so lucky without putting up a fight.

They also don't want to say anything about compensation as (I suspect) the think people will take the money and leave.

When Jim Browne said last week that nobody closed accounts, he was very economical with the truth, as

a)we couldn't leave as their system wouldn't let us.

And

b) Now people are now holding on to see what parting gifts are given :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

mel.b wrote: »
    How are things going with transfers into UB accounts? I have a savings account with them but delayed transfering the money - just wondering if it should be ok now? If i leave the money sitting in my current account too much longer it eill get spent!

Money inbound seems to be going in as normal now.

Judging by how quiet this has been over the weekend one would assume many accounts are getting back to Normal. My ZERO balance has held firm since the 19th July so everything seems to be ok.(left bank)

Have to visit the bank today for my business banking so will try AGAIN to close my account. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Audcal

Still waiting on monthly payment from 22nd June. Anyone else waiting on payments.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

I think things may finally be back to normal. My duplicate transactions were "contra" refunded on Saturday. It only took 15 working days and about 5 phone calls. Not too shabby. lol.

Although nobody has "left the bank" according to Jim Brown, I bet 1000s have had their July wages diverted to a new current account. they will leave their UB account inactive just to remain a customer in case compensation is offered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Judging by how quiet this has been over the weekend one would assume many accounts are getting back to Normal. My ZERO balance has held firm since the 19th July so everything seems to be ok.(left bank)

Well, I'm still "out of pocket" on CC interest which hasn't been refunded - but at this stage they've told me to again wait until the next statement (in 3 weeks) so not totally sorted yet.

I'm assuming a lot of people have still not been refunded for interest, late fees, penalties and other crap that has come out of this and I'd say we're all still in it for the long haul but at least most of the "main" stuff is sorted...

J-blk wrote: »
    I'm assuming a lot of people have still not been refunded for interest, late fees, penalties and other crap that has come out of this and I'd say we're all still in it for the long haul but at least most of the "main" stuff is sorted...

Although I'm sure no consolation to those whose balances are affected, but to be fair to Ulster Bank, at least they have gotten the inbound, outbound and in branch transactions back to normal which was probably the main crux of the issue for most.

Now hopefully, continuing with a full staff, they will now work on refund of late payments, honour out of pocket requests, and general adhoc account work.

I only once went into the red with €32 and was never charged for it. I have used my CC but only for normal purchases. I was never forced to use my CC, thank god, so anything I guess I have spent I don't mind paying interest on it.

Anyway, I'm moving my CC to BOI soon(after the reverse their decision not to give me one) so I will transfer it for 6 months without interest. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

my credit card reversal has not been re applied

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Mine CC account is still a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

I paid 600 from my UB Current Acc to my UB Credit Card last week,
    500 appeard in the card as a payment.
    I rang UB and they said it would be recitifed and not to worry.
    Next day I see PAYMENT REVERSED/CORREON PENDING €500
    Next Day 500 paid back in again.
    100 still missing somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

They've gone and buggered up my credit card now by reversing the correct full payment that went in on time then reapplying it with an irregular account charge and interest which they're now in the process of reversing. It was completely fine before they tried to "fix" it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

my account starting to look ok only im overdrawn by 399e well they an wait for it just like i had to wait for my wages,cancel my holiday,and take mornings off work to sort out alternatives sure when i get my compensation i might not not be overdrawn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I attempted to close a savings account with UB last week. At that time they said the system for closing accounts still wasn't working. When I rang them today, they said the closure system was now working again but there was a big backlog to get through, so it could take some time to finally get the account closed.

I presume the idea being that, if they don't let us leave we will all calm down and get too lazy and not bother leaving when we finally can.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Folks, is anyone else still not seeing transactions being processed - I paid motor tax etc. using Visa Debit on the 17/7, they still aren't showing on my account and my available balance hasn't budged since the 13/7. I know the transactions went through because I have gotten receipts and my tax disc back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

my account starting to look ok only im overdrawn by 399e well they an wait for it just like i had to wait for my wages,cancel my holiday,and take mornings off work to sort out alternatives sure when i get my compensation i might not not be overdrawn :D

My Wife gets her B.T.W.E.A. paid into her Ulster Bank account,,and after all the hassle,,it turned out she was also over-drawn.

It was less than €300,,but they insisted that it be paid back straight away,,so She had to agree to pay it off over 2 weeks...And,for those 2 weeks,,they would not allow her to withdraw any money using her Card......If she needed any money,,she had to go to the Bank itself,and que for it.

Compensation will probably only be a free pen and some notepad paper to draw on.. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement