Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

My account seems to be finally in order. My salary came today as planned, and even the transfer that i initiated last friday from my finnish bankaccount was credited today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

hehehe see i transferred my wages into my new TSB account so its there fault they are just gunna have to wait
    might just make them wait 12months for their money like ive to wait 12months for my holiday
    has anyone that actually logged a complaint via customer service hear anything back

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

My current account (finally) seems to be about right at this stage. But my UB credit card isn't showing transactions that took place about a week ago.

Anyone else with a UB credit card still having delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

My credit card still not resolved. I phoned several times and I'm not satisfied. I find that most of the phone staff are impossible to understand.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

payments made to my credit card still not showing

went in last monday got my overdraft got a letter on friday to say it was applied and approved ,...... they forgot to tell me in the bank that it was only for 3 months ,,,,,,and they are charging me 27 euro for the pleasure of having one
    when i asked her what interest rate i would be charged at the teller stared at me blankly and told me to sign the form . I AM RAGING
    ive to go in now to complain about that

BOTH MY CREDIT CARD AND VISA DEBIT WERE DECLINED AT THE WEEKEND - AFTER AN OD WAS APPLIED AND MY CREDIT CARD SAYING I HAVE OVER 300 AVAILABLE . NO MONEY FOR THE WEEKEND

I WANTED an indefinete overdraft like the one i have had on my account for the last 4 years only i wanted a larger one

and ive no idea when i can pay it back , i had a system that worked
    and because of ulster banks S H I T , im in debt because i couldnt keep track of what was going out cause i had to pay everything on my credit card

got the od to pay off the credit card and they still cant manage to transfer the online payment after 10 working - days

im sick s h i t of it and im off to AIB on friday , treated appaulingly by UB

ITS A MASSIVE MEDIA COVER UP !! DONT THINK IT ISNT and they treating us like plebs and GUESS WHAT ITS IRELAND ,,,, AND WEL PROBABLY LET THEM AWAY WITH IT

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

SexyGuy wrote: »
    My Wife gets her B.T.W.E.A. paid into her Ulster Bank account,,and after all the hassle,,it turned out she was also over-drawn.

It was less than €300,,but they insisted that it be paid back straight away,,so She had to agree to pay it off over 2 weeks...And,for those 2 weeks,,they would not allow her to withdraw any money using her Card......If she needed any money,,she had to go to the Bank itself,and que for it.

i was €7000 over drawn due to a duplicate transaction, and not once was i refused access to my cash? very strange that!
    has anyone that actually logged a complaint via customer service hear anything back

I lodged a formal complaint with my branch and cc'd it to :

UB Head Office, Georges Quay
    Financial Regulator, Central Bank
    Financial Ombudsman, Lincoln Place

I rang UB then to suss out what they were doing and they said that all 3rd party refunds will be refunded through them and that it may take a week or two to get through the backlog. They also asked me what form of compensation i deemed satisfactory, i told them it would be silly of me to discuss that while UB are still in negeotions with the various bodies to address it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

kceire wrote: »
    i was €7000 over drawn due to a duplicate transaction, and not once was i refused access to my cash? very strange that!

I lodged a formal complaint with my branch and cc'd it to :

UB Head Office, Georges Quay
    Financial Regulator, Central Bank
    Financial Ombudsman, Lincoln Place

I rang UB then to suss out what they were doing and they said that all 3rd party refunds will be refunded through them and that it may take a week or two to get through the backlog. They also asked me what form of compensation i deemed satisfactory, i told them it would be silly of me to discuss that while UB are still in negeotions with the various bodies to address it?

I wish people (and don't think this is personal comment at you, it's more of a general plea) would stop CC'ing others. You can only get the Ombudsman involved *after* you have exhausted a bank's internal complaints procedure and had a final response.

They are going to be busy enough as a result of this issue. People sending them unnecessary will only delay the response time for everyone. So folks, by all means complain if you must to Ulster, but follow the correct procedure for everyone's benefit. Ulster Bank customers and non-customers alike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

BuffyBot wrote: »
    I wish people (and don't think this is personal comment at you, it's more of a general plea) would stop CC'ing others. You can only get the Ombudsman involved *after* you have exhausted a bank's internal complaints procedure and had a final response.

They are going to be busy enough as a result of this issue. People sending them unnecessary will only delay the response time for everyone. So folks, by all means complain if you must to Ulster, but follow the correct procedure for everyone's benefit. Ulster Bank customers and non-customers alike!

Banks are not patient when it comes to them dealing with customers, so I dont see a reason why we (customers) should be patient with them. It took them ages to sort this out and it gonna take them ages to sort all complaints, it doesn't mean we should be nice to them. I suggest to send letter everywhere possible and than ring twice again every day about status of complaint. They do not deserve to be treated nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'm speaking of the Ombudsman, not the banks..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Has anyone has their S/O charges refunded yet?

I'm speaking of the Ombudsman, not the banks..

UB have not replied to my previous 2 letters, so imo they had their chance. Also i got the ombudsman involved a few years back when Hibernian up'd my car insurance for no reason. Ombudsman got involved without any final letter and sorted it out with 10 days. I have a case number for my UB complaint so they are obviously getting involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I had my duplicate transactions refunded today although again it appears like something that has just magically happened in the past.

I was just about to move to Permanent TSB but now that they're starting to close branches I'm not so sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

kceire wrote: »
    UB have not replied to my previous 2 letters, so imo they had their chance. Also i got the ombudsman involved a few years back when Hibernian up'd my car insurance for no reason. Ombudsman got involved without any final letter and sorted it out with 10 days. I have a case number for my UB complaint so they are obviously getting involved.

Haven't lodged my complaint yet as i was hoping to get my DD/account switching complaint dealt with first, it is now over 8 weeks since i originally contacted them so i will be escalating the complaint soon enough!

Hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you get on with the ombudsman over the insurance increase, mine went up by 62% this year with no change in circumstances apart from another year claims free! Wasn't aware you could complain, thought it was a case of pay it or go elsewhere. (PM me if it's taking the thread off topic, Thanks)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

the reversed payment on my cc still hadnt appeared/been reapplied 2 weeks later (nearly) so i rang and asked
    "oh it's showing on our system and will on your next statement"
    "so why isnt it showing online"
    "i dont know"
    "whats my balance according to your system"
    she named what was showing on my online balance

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

bluewolf wrote: »
    the reversed payment on my cc still hadnt appeared/been reapplied 2 weeks later (nearly) so i rang and asked
    "oh it's showing on our system and will on your next statement"
    "so why isnt it showing online"
    "i dont know"
    "whats my balance according to your system"
    she named what was showing on my online balance

:confused::confused:
    A lot of refunds of duplicates don't appear on my account the same day that they were credited but instead appear to happen in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

Duplicates still on my account.
    Sick of this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Put pen to paper. Request a final response letter.

Put pen to paper. Request a final response letter.

+1

This is who you need to request it from :

Ms. Clare Gleeson,
    Head Of Complaint Management ROI,
    Ulster Bank Ireland Limited,
    Complaint Handling centre,
    1st Floor,
    Block D,
    Georges Quay,
    Dublin 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I cancelled a standing order which sends my mortgage payment to PTSB.

A week after I cancelled it they sent it anyway.

So I now have that amount in my PTSB account.

I diverted my salary from UB due to this fiasco.

So now my account is in a bit of debt :)

The question is .... what happens next?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

mathie wrote: »
    So now my account is in a bit of debt :)

The question is .... what happens next?
    I expect that it'll be a slightly slower version of the usual process. Once they're "sure" accounts are in order they'll start with a polite request, move on to gentle insistence and finish up with debt recovery through the courts. All the while they'll be applying interest, irregular account charges and damaging your credit record. Business as usual...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I expect that it'll be a slightly slower version of the usual process. Once they're "sure" accounts are in order they'll start with a polite request, move on to gentle insistence and finish up with debt recovery through the courts. All the while they'll be applying interest, irregular account charges and damaging your credit record. Business as usual...

They can have their money back when they ask for it.
    It'll be minus any charges that they conjure up though.

Very happy to have voted with my feet and left them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The bank have been negligent in paying a cancelled standing order they should accept the risk for their action.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The bank have been negligent in paying a cancelled standing order they should accept the risk for their action.

They lost over €400 by doing that to me. My account was closed as of yesterday, cards returned, cheque books returned and paperwork signed. I told them about it over 2 weeks ago, told the BOI(where money went) about it and cancelled the SO TWICE but they still sent it. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

normally get a statement in the first week of every month , didnt get one in july,will be interesting to see what comes in august:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

no more daily updates from Ulster ...

no compensation update from Ulster ...

'for the majority of customers it is now business as usual.'

So it's fixed, lets get to business as usual - or so Ulster Bank says so ..

Now the question is if they are retarded or just slow or don't care about customer staying with them ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

198321 wrote: »
    no more daily updates from Ulster ...

no compensation update from Ulster ...

'for the majority of customers it is now business as usual.'

So it's fixed, lets get to business as usual - or so Ulster Bank says so ..

Now the question is if they are retarded or just slow or don't care about customer staying with them ...

A little of both I think. Im going to wait to see what this 'compensation' is all about, if Its not to my liking then bye bye Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭W86indow

Its a massive media cover up payment from my c/ac to my credit card from 14th july still has not been applied im goin to open up a second ac at least with another bank , bull**** there wont be any compensation they think compo is just refunding fees and charges !!! Gaurentee they wont give any of the 600000 customes affected a red cent extra !!! Its totally kept out of the news , its still ongoing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

After my current account went back to normal...

my credit card account started acting up. took a week to normalise.

they also refunded cash advance fee, interest applied and fees and charges on the cc today.

happy out, but still not good enough to make me stay at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Ulster Bank customers unable to switch to rivals
    " Ulster Bank can’t complete customers’ requests to switch their accounts to other banks because thousands of accounts have yet to be fully reconciled.

A number of accounts believed to be somewhere in the low thousands have yet to be fully rectified.

"Due to a small number of outstanding reconciliations, Ulster Bank cannot currently complete the switching process, however we have not seen a significant level of requests to switch," a spokesperson for the bank said. "

http://www.irishexaminer.com/business/ulster-bank-customers-unable-to-switch-to-rivals-202110.html

Just because people haven't switched YET doesn't mean they don't intend to, judging by this thread a good few people have opened accounts with other banks, they just haven't used the switcher process.

When this situation is sorted i will move elsewhere - i won't bother with their switcher process though because they messed up my moving over to them from AIB as it is. I will arrange it all myself, withdraw my money from UB and close the account!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement