Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

My monthly pay is due to be credited on Monday 30th.

However it's been credited today, but dates the 30th.

Why is stuff still going wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

This is normal in terms of payroll payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

stepbar wrote: »

This is normal in terms of payroll payments.

Really? I've never been paid early before. It's always the last but one working day of the month, which is Monday. I'd never get paid on a weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 Duncan Thicket

Really? I've never been paid early before. It's always the last but one working day of the month, which is Monday. I'd never get paid on a weekend.

Credits can be applied on a Saturday but debits can't - unless they're laser or pass txs. If your salary falls due on a Monday, they'll credit it on a Saturday for value date Monday. Credit postings seem to operate like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Debits and credits for a Monday are normally applied on the Saturday before. Nothing new about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Money has been taken from my account even though I haven't used the card in a good few days. I call up to ask what the payment was and I was informed the systems went down earlier today and they could not see pending transactions. They've also had to put transactions through manually again. Surely that isn't good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I just seen my account and they took a direct debit but dated for the coming Monday.

They also never charged me for a direct debit last month but it was paid and they refunded me the cost of last months fee for the ufirst account.

Not bad considering none of the issues affected me (my pay wasn't delayed)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I'm the same, a dd taken out of the account that's dated this monday, the 30th.

I was in at the bank yesterday to find out about the rent dd that never left my account from the start of this month, teller tells me they're still updating some details. She then assures me the dd has gone out but isn't being reflected on the statement - it will probably show up as 2 transactions when the next rent payment is due in a couple of days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

All lodgments credited on a Monday are available to withdraw via the ATM on a Saturday and can also been seen on internet banking.

This has always been the case. Your statement will show the monies being credited on Monday 30 July but can you withdrew them now.

Same for debits. If they're due out on a Monday you'll see them gone from Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I have 4 weeks worth of unpaid DD charges on my BOI loan account due to the UB account errors. They claim that they will refund this but how will they know as i xfer money from my current UB account to my BOI account.

Should i just go in with a statement showing these charges and demand a refund?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Vicxas wrote: »
    I have 4 weeks worth of unpaid DD charges on my BOI loan account due to the UB account errors. They claim that they will refund this but how will they know as i xfer money from my current UB account to my BOI account.

Should i just go in with a statement showing these charges and demand a refund?

you need to write to them with a breakdown of all charges and copy in the charges, ie. screenshots or statements etc

or you can ring and ask to be put through to the complaints department and make your case there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Anytime banking down for anyone at the moment?

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Anytime banking down for anyone at the moment?

Website and iPhone App working fine here.

Just got a call from UB Complex Quieries Dept.

Basically they are now working on a compensation policy and are awaiting approval from the Irish Regulator at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

kceire wrote: »

Basically they are now working on a compensation policy and are awaiting approval from the Irish Regulator at present.

Any hints as to what they are?

kceire wrote: »

Do you seriously believe them?

Delaying like this does not absolve them from having to process complaints in a timely manner and issue final response letters.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Any hints as to what they are?

no, he gave nothing away.
    Do you seriously believe them?

Delaying like this does not absolve them from having to process complaints in a timely manner and issue final response letters.

well i only applied for my Final response letter last week, they legally have 25 days to respond, so i'll judge them after 25 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I think UPC have charged me for a delayed direct debit during this mess.
    Its not much but its the principle of the thing, this mess went on far to long.
    Is there an official way to get this charged back to my account?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    I think UPC have charged me for a delayed direct debit during this mess.
    Its not much but its the principle of the thing, this mess went on far to long.
    Is there an official way to get this charged back to my account?

Yes, ring up and ask to be put through to the complaints department. make a formal complaint. follow it up in writiing. UB will be releasing info over the coming days/weeks explaining how to claim this back, then from there you contact your branch who will lodge it back to your account.

This is the info i have at the moment as i have been charged by MBNA and my Credit Union.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silentbang

Hi all just noticed an article about UB compensation for customers over on Journel.ie I'm on phone so can't give link, does anyone know if all accounts will be compensated equally or based on distress caused ie. a bussier account would receive more, although I'd argue those with less where affected more, the fact we were affected at all should be enough in my book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Just when i thought i was in the clear....Two Duplicates on my Statement. One is strange in that it was debited from my acccount last month but never appeared in the narrative but appeared in the statement this week and debited again....my statment was grand last week and is a complete mess now...

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Norderburse

(double-ish post, sorry - didn't see the above journal.ie post til I posted!)
    Interesting............

http://www.breakingnews.ie/text/ireland/ojgbkfcwqlgb/

CAI urges customers affected by Ulster Bank faults to contact them
    31/07/2012 - 12:13:45

The Consumers' Association of Ireland is today calling on anyone who was affected by the recent Ulster Bank technical debacle to contact them.

The group says they want details on how people were inconvenienced and the compensation that they were offered by the bank.

It is part of an effort to help consumers recoup money lost during the major computer crash at Ulster Bank.

Spokesperson for the Consumers' Association, Dermot Jewell says the CAI is hoping to launch a class action-style initiative against Ulster Bank.

"What we're trying to do is put together what would be a template for what would hopefully be a group-action procedure initiated in Ireland," he said.

"A group-action would be where an organisation, such as The Consumers' Association of Ireland would take an action on behalf of consumers generally affected by a problem, a difficulty."

The CAI is non statutory body who has no legal power. It is a private business that has now gone cap in hand to the government for money.

Demort Jewell needs to stop watching American films. There is no such thing as a class action here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

The CAI is non statutory body who has no legal power. It is a private business that has now gone cap in hand to the government for money.

Demort Jewell needs to stop watching American films. There is no such thing as a class action here.

He regularly gives advice on a dublin radio station and one of his comments one day was, "tell the company you have been on to us on the radio and it may not help them if we bring this up for everyone to hear" I recall it was a 50/50 issue and the company was not really wrong.

I texted them that that rings of extortion/blackmail and they should reconsider it. Never heard it mentioned again.

He does provide a useful service but I think he has illusions of grandeur.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 nikkime

Well at least its something - but it does seem like its being swept under the carpet...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Today my credit card is back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

All funds withdrawn from my account, potential savings account stopped and must now write letter to branch to close account.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

My accounts finally appear to be back to normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Today my credit card is back to normal.

Same here, interest charges finally properly reversed... "only" 17 days after they were first charged...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement