Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

I know all about the Central Bank ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 silentbang

[/Quote]
    *facepalm* sarcasm didn't quite get through.[/Quote]. Sarcasm? Bad attempt.Maybe look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

And you know what, I think we're done with the bickering folks. Get back on point.

I'll be closing this thread off soon enough, now tha the actual technical issues are pretty much resolved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

has anyone not been paid child benefit this morning into bank just checking with ulster users

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

I got mine this morning into ulsterbank account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

It's taken 3 weeks, but my credit card account has finally received the payment I made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

It's taken 3 weeks, but my credit card account has finally received the payment I made.
    did that account recieve it today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

jjll wrote: »
    did that account recieve it today

It's backdated to the day I paid it and the interest charge has been reversed, but I think it came in either today or over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Credit card payment from my UB account to my UB c card from last Friday still not showing up on card but debited on account. Allowing for bank hol it should have showed up yday and defo by today ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

BuffyBot wrote: »
    I'll be closing this thread off soon enough, now tha the actual technical issues are pretty much resolved
    You're joking right? I still have unexplained interest payments on my credit card from months that supposedly weren't even affected. And from what I've heard the Ulster Bank staff working in George's Quay still don't have a clue what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

The issues are not resolved tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

still no word on a compensation scheme for UB customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

^ probably hoping it'll just be forgotten about (it mostly has)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My Complaint arrives onto sombodies desk in my branch and they rang me from a mobile number attached to the landline. Said it was the temporary department set up in each branch to deal with complaints.

Thought as much because when I was in the branch they had two temps working there from an agency.

Anyway, said my complaint is logged and they had a memo from head office saying that it will be 2 weeks before a system is devised to deal with complaints/compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

According to news reports in the UK, RBS are setting aside 125 Million for compensation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Anyway, said my complaint is logged and they had a memo from head office saying that it will be 2 weeks before a system is devised to deal with complaints/compensation.
    This does not let them out of the obligation to provide final response letter within 8 weeks. This does not stop the clock.
    The would wish it would and that people would fall for it. I would not include a phone number just to prevent them from spewing this crap at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

This does not let them out of the obligation to provide final response letter within 8 weeks. This does not stop the clock.
    The would wish it would and that people would fall for it. I would not include a phone number just to prevent them from spewing this crap at me.

They already have your phone number, given you are a customer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

testicle wrote: »
    They already have your phone number, given you are a customer...
    They don't have mine. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

I don't know about anyone else. but my UB account is still all over the place.
    I'm going through my CC and bank statements and also other DD that should have been taken from my UB account and they are NOT TALLYING.

I have duplicate withdrawals from ATMs on the same date for the same amount that I did not do.

I have payments multiple that have left my UB account from June until last week to my credit card. When I look at my statement (not a UB credit card), the payments have not been taken off the credit card, but yet UB have debited my bank account for these payments.

I have DDs that have left my UB account but have not been credited by the companies they went to.

I really have no idea how much of my hard earned money has been LOST by UB. It all seems completely random.
    What a joke.

This is definitely not fixed.

How do you email these jokers, because ecalling them you just get fobbed off. "We're looking into a small number of problems"
    That's bull. Most people I know who have gone through their statements and tried to tally them with other accounts have found errors.

I don't know about anyone else. but my UB account is still all over the place.
    I'm going through my CC and bank statements and also other DD that should have been taken from my UB account and they are NOT TALLYING.

I have duplicate withdrawals from ATMs on the same date for the same amount that I did not do.

I have payments multiple that have left my UB account from June until last week to my credit card. When I look at my statement (not a UB credit card), the payments have not been taken off the credit card, but yet UB have debited my bank account for these payments.

I have DDs that have left my UB account but have not been credited by the companies they went to.

I really have no idea how much of my hard earned money has been LOST by UB. It all seems completely random.
    What a joke.

This is definitely not fixed.

How do you email these jokers, because ecalling them you just get fobbed off. "We're looking into a small number of problems"
    That's bull. Most people I know who have gone through their statements and tried to tally them with other accounts have found errors.

at this stage it really should balance out.

go in in person tomorrow with a list of everything thats wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

at this stage it really should balance out.
    Unfortunately that's not the case for a lot of people. I've been in contact with them recently and was told that they're still in the process of adjusting the transactions and that they're unable to give any timeline for completion.

Unfortunately that's not the case for a lot of people. I've been in contact with them recently and was told that they're still in the process of adjusting the transactions and that they're unable to give any timeline for completion.

thats shocking and surprised its not being reported b the media.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I've noticed a 34c 'debit interest reversal' on my account, but I was never charged 34c in the first place. Any previous charges were refunded a few weeks ago, so my account was balanced correctly. :confused:

snubbleste wrote: »
    I've noticed a 34c 'debit interest reversal' on my account, but I was never charged 34c in the first place. Any previous charges were refunded a few weeks ago, so my account was balanced correctly. :confused:
    That's your compensation for the inconvenience caused ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

I'm still seeing the odd weird transaction pop up, with just 'Debit card transaction' written in the description, so it's not too easy to figure out!

On a side note, has anyone here attempted to withdraw money from an ATM using a UB credit card recently? Even though I've got plenty of available funds, I kept getting a message stating that 'this process is currently unavailable' (or something similar) at both Ulster Bank and other ATMs.

I'm still seeing the odd weird transaction pop up, with just 'Debit card transaction' written in the description, so it's not too easy to figure out!

On a side note, has anyone here attempted to withdraw money from an ATM using a UB credit card recently? Even though I've got plenty of available funds, I kept getting a message stating that 'this process is currently unavailable' (or something similar) at both Ulster Bank and other ATMs.

i withdrew cash on mine day before yesterday no problem.

ive heard before that you can only withdraw half the credit limit in cash on credit cards. so if it was a large withdrawl mabye thats why it wouldnt let you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Emailed my complaint handler and the main address few days ago for an update (on any compo). Nothing. Stonewalled. Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

Have sent a complaint to head office & CCd the manager of my branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Well our Govt and media seem to have forgotten about UB customers but it seems they aren't so forgiving in the north -

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/ulster-bank-chiefs-face-fresh-stormont-grilling-over-compensation-delay-16198979.html

“Ulster Bank assured us that plans for the customer redress procedure were in an advanced stage, allowing customers to get their accounts back to normal and ensure that no Ulster Bank customer or customer from any other bank would be left out of pocket any longer. The Consumer Council reviewed that draft redress procedure on August 1 and provided Ulster Bank with consumer-focused feedback within 24 hours,’’ said Ms McKeown.

“However, two weeks later Ulster Bank is still not in a position to give the Consumer Council or its customers any indication of when a redress procedure will be announced.
    “Considering that there are customers who have yet to see their accounts returned to normal, this delay is incomprehensible and unacceptable.”
    She added: “We are now in the third month of this crisis. Ulster Bank must act now as once again it appears that Northern Ireland customers are left at the back of the queue.”
    An Ulster Bank spokesman last night said full details would be provided to customers as soon as possible.

Hmmm after the carry-on with UBs deadlines and timescales in the past I wonder what "as soon as possible" means ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anybody get a call about compensation yet?
    I just did.

UB are still in talks with the regulator and consumer assiciations etc in regards to a universal offer, but they are trying to narrow down the field or list of disgruntled customers by offering cash compensation offers.

I wont say how much i was offered, and i was very very lightly affected by the whole fiasco tbh, but im happy to accept it.

Just hope im not shooting myself in the foot for a future universal offer, but in fairness, i dont want to be greedy either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement