Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Did you make a complaint to them or did they just ring you out of the blue?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Did you make a complaint to them or did they just ring you out of the blue?

I lodged a complaint with the financial ombudsman, financial regulator and cc'd UB with the letters i sent them.

I also requested a Final responce letter from UB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

I wrote to them & CCd my branch on Wednesday, just got a call from the branch by the girl I had complimented in the letter for her management skills on it. They're being trained on what the procedure will be next week. She said she'd call me back then as they didn't know what was happening until that point.

kciere, was it branch or group office that called you ?

If you wouldn't mind PMing me what they offered you, I was severely disrupted by it.

OU812 wrote: »
    kciere, was it branch or group office that called you ?

If you wouldn't mind PMing me what they offered you, I was severely disrupted by it.

It was the complaints department in georges quay. my AC is in phibsborough. From the start i sent all my letters to UB HQ and just cc'd my branch, well 2 letters in total.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Did you email them or use snail mail?

• Advertisement

Did you email them or use snail mail?

Standard post man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

kceire wrote: »
    I lodged a complaint with the financial ombudsman, financial regulator and cc'd UB with the letters i sent them.

I also requested a Final responce letter from UB.

that's great. I was unable to log an official complaint with the ombudsman until I went through the UB complaint procedure first and could demonstrate that their resolution was not acceptable. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Well i guess i better get my complaint sent off seeing as they don't seem to be in any hurry to sort my direct debit complaint. I was intending to hold off and get the DD one sorted out first but it must be lost with my original "switching" paperwork!!
    Regarding my DD complaint, I was told via email on June 20th that the "concern" would be logged. Never heard a word after that, so i emailed on the 17th July requesting a final response letter and no reply on that either. It's beyond a joke now and i'll be damned if i'm going to sit around waiting months on end while the appear to do absolutely nothing. I assume it's ok to send copies of emails to back up my complaint to the ombudsman? I guess that's my evening mapped out for me now anyway, doing up the DD complaint to the Ombudsman and one to UB over the IT "glitch".

• Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

chasm wrote: »
    I assume it's ok to send copies of emails to back up my complaint to the ombudsman?

The ombudsman? The most useless person in this country? I sent him an email 5 weeks ago. Never got a reply, never even got an acknowledgment of my email. He should be fired without any golden handshake or pension.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

Theyve started telling me now that the issues that i am seeing with my account were not related to their outage, but it must be something else and they will look into it for me. They keep saying this like they are reading it off a script. Sounds to me like they are trying to pretend that issues were caused by other things, therefore separating them from any compensation that they have to give out for issues caused by this problem.

• Advertisement

100gSoma wrote: »
    that's great. I was unable to log an official complaint with the ombudsman until I went through the UB complaint procedure first and could demonstrate that their resolution was not acceptable. :(

That's strange, I didn't have to do that? They did instruct me to request the final response letter but I was given a reference number etc

At chasm and unkel, an email is of no use to anybody when complaining about a financial institution.

You need to get off your arse and post a written letter to them :D

Again, an email is no use. I have been offered a very generous compensation offer and it was through the ombudsman complaint that the guy in UB got back to me. No complaints about them from me.

But again, sending an anonymous email complaining is no use, a proper written-typed letter to them will get a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

At chasm and unkel, an email is of no use to anybody when complaining about a financial institution.

You need to get off your arse and post a written letter to them :D

Again, an email is no use. I have been offered a very generous compensation offer and it was through the ombudsman complaint that the guy in UB got back to me. No complaints about them from me.

But again, sending an anonymous email complaining is no use, a proper written-typed letter to them will get a response.

I've no complaints about the Ombudsman, i dealt with them before and was happy enough with the settlement:D
    My correspondence via email was with UB as i was trying to find out what the situation with my DDs was as i was waiting to close my existing AIB a/c. I had/still have my income going into UB and my direct debits going from my AIB a/c (apart from one SO that i set up myself). I made numerous phone calls to UB customer service before that and in the end, decided it was better to get responses in writing from my own branch (it is impossible to get through to my local branch via phone- it goes to their main customer services office!) In dealing with UB via email i am now dealing with a second person within the branch, the last one being a "customer advisor", who seemed to have no problem replying to emails until the final response letter was requested.
    In my question regarding sending copies of the emails, i meant is it ok to send photocopies to the Ombudsman with my written letter ;)

As i said previously, i had hoped to get the DD complaint sorted out before lodging my "IT glitch" complaint but that isn't going to happen now.
    I will be arranging to have my income switched back to AIB next week, as in the few months that i have been with UB they have proven to me that they don't care about my custom whatsoever and sure if i want that kind of treatment i'm as well stay with my old bank -at least it's in my own town and i haven't got to travel 40 miles to be treated like dirt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

Has anyone else not been able to get into their online banking for the last 3 days?! they are idiots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Vanhalla wrote: »
    Has anyone else not been able to get into their online banking for the last 3 days?! they are idiots!

Nope, working fine here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Just checked there. Can log in fine and have been able the last few days.

What error message are you getting ?

Vanhalla wrote: »

Been working fine for me on the PC and iPhone app, even during the glitch period. Maybe it's your pc/firewall or similar blocking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Tried to send international payment to Germany and it didn't work - unable to process transaction (had more than enough money there) . I'm fair sick with Ulster and their systems.

Had to transfer money to friends AIB account and send it from there.

Also as long as I remember they promised free credit rating check in august for all customers that would like to get it. Where is that? It's 21st and nothing. I'm 100% sure we will not see that in August

198321 wrote: »
    Also as long as I remember they promised free credit rating check in august for all customers that would like to get it. Where is that? It's 21st and nothing. I'm 100% sure we will not see that in August

did you request one?

• Advertisement

did you request one?

well no because when i try to request it, it is asking me to pay. I did send letter to UB that I would like to apply for this few days ago with no replay/phone call

I was expecting some process or information in place on their page to apply, seems like they are keeping it quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I also asked for my credit report but she suggested waiting until the start of September so that when the month closes the ICB would have a proper months worth of correct records(as some of july would be damaged). They said they would order one in September.

I said "I'll remind you, don't worry". ;)

Got a written letter this morning awknowledging receipt of my complaint & agreeing I "suffered signifigent & unacceptable disruption". They requested ten days (or possibly more) to investigate & get back to me.

Do I leave it at that or write back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

OU812 wrote: »
    Got a written letter this morning awknowledging receipt of my complaint & agreeing I "suffered signifigent & unacceptable disruption". They requested ten days (or possibly more) to investigate & get back to me.

Do I leave it at that or write back?

Can I ask which address you posted your complaint to?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

During Ulster bank systems down. When one of my weeks wages was paid in to my account I paid 70 euro from my current account into my AIB Credit Card. This happened on the 11th July still no sign of the money. After ringing them for 3 weeks I eventually received a letter saying that they would be in contact with me within 10 days and let me know the outcome.

Needless to say the 10 days past and still no phone call. So I rang them back again yesterday and they told me that it had not been investigated and she was going to start it now.

Just wondering is there anything I can do about this??

Trotter wrote: »
    Can I ask which address you posted your complaint to?

Sent to the complaints dept at George's Quay & also CC'd my branch (the staff there are great & I mentioned that i the letter). Got a call from the branch last week about 2 days after to acknowledge the letter & thank me for the compliment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ask for a final response letter.

This is what people need to be demanding at this stage.

Accepting their phone calls and phony excuses just plays into their hands.

Ask for a final response letter.

This is what people need to be demanding at this stage.

Accepting their phone calls and phony excuses just plays into their hands.

Would you give them a week for their final response letter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They have 21 days to produce the letter once demanded.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that will get onto it tomorrow morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement