Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

My account's up to date to July 4th now...

Edit: Up to date apart from in-branch transactions

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ponpon

I see a few people here have been double charged for a couple of transactions like myself, has anyone tried being refunded for these and if so, any success? My account is now overdrawn by a couple of hundred because of this and not getting paid until late next week.
    Also, what I want to know is, what's happening to people who are abroad, on hols etc.. Some are lucky to have relatives who can wire them money etc but others may not be. If calling into a branch with ID is the only way to get cash, then people abroad could find themselves in a right pickle.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 karr3

salaries in and Child Benefit came in last night..thank God...we are up to date..hopefully everyone is starting to see movement in their accounts now....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

karr3 wrote: »
    salaries in and Child Benefit came in last night..thank God...we are up to date..hopefully everyone is starting to see movement in their accounts now....

Outward movement only still...more direct debits showing up,no sign of salary payments yet..at least there is some movement..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 karr3

ponpon wrote: »
    I see a few people here have been double charged for a couple of transactions like myself, has anyone tried being refunded for these and if so, any success? My account is now overdrawn by a couple of hundred because of this and not getting paid until late next week.
    Also, what I want to know is, what's happening to people who are abroad, on hols etc.. Some are lucky to have relatives who can wire them money etc but others may not be. If calling into a branch with ID is the only way to get cash, then people abroad could find themselves in a right pickle.

Ponpon..we are in the US, after numerous emails back and forth and staying up all hours due to the time difference (7hrs) Ulster Bank were willing to Western Union us money and incur all the charges, including the difference between WU exchange rate and UB exchange rate). Thankfully we didn't have to go down that road, as all our monies are in and our account is up to date as of today...phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I think my account balance is up to date. Can't make heads nor tails of any transactions since 19th June because they don't have the names updated yet. Also, on the summary page on the online banking, it shows transactions since 2 July to present but when I click on View Full Statement, there are no transactions between 19 June and 4th July, when I know there were a heap of transactions between those dates.

I am lucky my wages don't get paid to my UB account but I have already overspent on the account because of balances not updating, which I am raging about as it has knocked my budget well out of whack for this month :(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

child benefit came in today.................still no salary from them fn c**ts HSE,are they taking the Pee ?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

child benefit came in today.................still no salary from them fn c**ts HSE,are they taking the Pee ?:rolleyes:

What have the HSE done to deserve that? They HAVE paid you. The Ulster Bank haven't processed it onto your account yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

Still waiting on my salary since 22nd June.........and my company is with Ulster Bank.....:mad: really sick of this now. I have switched everything back to AIB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭optimistic_

I'm the same, no salary from the 22nd, both employer and I are UB customers. For the time being.
    Employer is leaving once this is sorted out, I'm leaving in the coming week.

DDs are firing out of my account though. So I'm €111 overdrawn.

Spinning utter fabrications in the press now with their "Up to date to the 2nd of July" - And THIS is what's going to cost me, this press bullsh*t will be seen by my landlord, who will now think I'm just chancing my arm on the back of the crisis. I will now have to take a day off work to get to a branch to get my rent from my salary, and then go to my landlord's agents to pay my rent.

I'll see to it that this is an Ulster Bank cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Glad some people are getting back to something resembling normality, still a jumbled mess for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

Public Service Announcement: Html has a character perfect for describing Ulster Bank in all their glory: █ (Alt+219).

Example: "Today, Jim Brown, CEO of Ulster Bank and ███████ ████ of the highest order said that Ulster Bank Customers were his first concern, a remark widely interpreted to mean that they could go ████ themselves with the wrong end of a ███████ ███████ ████, the ███████ peasants".

Ulster Bank, the bank that likes to ███████ ████ you ██ ███ ████ sideways then make you beg to ███████ its ████ for the priviledge. The ██████████.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

"My mortgage was due to be paid this week from my Ulster Bank current account?

We have been working with the other banks to ensure that customers are not permanently out of pocket as a result of this incident. Customers should contact their mortgage provider in the first instance. If you're an Ulster Bank mortgage customer your direct debit has not yet been taken."

Yet another lie!! Our mortgage which is with UB WAS taken today even though there is still no sign of my husbands wage which due 28th June. So even more of a mess in our accounts. They have some cheek!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

It was probably discussed here but can't see it, wanna ask about double charge

my statement on one day looks like

29 Jun 2012 POS 7545 27JUN12 , DUNNES DAVIS ROAD , CLONMEL IE - 24.00
    29 Jun 2012 POS 7545 27JUN12 , DUNNES DAVIS ROAD , CLONMEL IE - 24.00
    29 Jun 2012 POS 7545 27JUN12 , TESCO STORES 5297, CLONMEL IE - 53.91
    29 Jun 2012 POS 7545 27JUN12 , TESCO PETROL , CLONMEL IE - 30.05
    29 Jun 2012 POS 7545 27JUN12 , TESCO STORES 5297, CLONMEL IE - 53.91
    29 Jun 2012 POS 7545 27JUN12 , TESCO PETROL , CLONMEL IE - 30.05

Do I need to ring them and tell them or will they fix it without telling them?

Don't ring them. They won't be able to help you. They are aware of these double charges. All over the media as well. ;) Said they will work to get accounts back in order "soon".

I'd be more concerned how you are going 5 cent over when you are putting fuel in. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Domhnall66

We have been working with the other banks to ensure that customers are not permanently out of pocket as a result of this incident. Customers should contact their mortgage provider in the first instance. If you're an Ulster Bank mortgage customer your direct debit has not yet been taken."

Yet another lie!! Our mortgage which is with UB WAS taken today even though there is still no sign of my husbands wage which due 28th June. So even more of a mess in our accounts. They have some cheek!!

My mortgage money (a UB mortage coming from a UB current account) is still sitting there, mocking me. Calling to me...."spend me...."; "think what you could buy for the house/the kids"..."you have the perfect excuse for a 'mortgage holiday"....

To summarise my own experience:
    1. Wages showed up 8 days late, but they are there.
    2. DDs have been taken, not sure if they got there but they've been deducted at least.
    3. My Visa Debit functions online and in ATMs.
    4. There is a black hole from the 3rd July to date meaning I cannot see if anything has been double counted. Nothing up to the 3rd any rate.
    5. My UB mortgage has not been taken as above.
    6. A total of 450 euro withdrawn in branch during the height of it has not been deducted.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

I am in the exact same position. My a/c and mortgage with ub. My employer pays my salary through ub. Due to be paid on 28th and no sign.. Husband weekly paid and he is now up to date. Today they took my mortgage!! Checked the news thus evening and they are saying up to date to the 4th of July!!! Wtf!!... I am not happy at all and up to now have been v patient!!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

My UB mortgage was debited from my UB account about an hour ago.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

My account was up to date this morning, including money that I transferred from Ulster Bank to AIB (appeared in AIB account this morning).

However, I just logged in there and it has changed again. A €50 ATM withdrawal I made on Tuesday, which appeared correctly as a €50 withdrawal, has now changed to being a €60 withdrawal. I didn't get a receipt (it was one of those shop ATMs, and it said there was no printer available) so hopefully this will sort itself out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i now have duplicate transactions for 3rd and 4th of jult.... including childrens allowance in twice:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Peeps........................looks like the real fun is only beginning.......what a holy mess they've made of all this & this is the automated stuff i.e. the supposedly easy stuff.

rainyrun wrote: »
    I am in the exact same position. My a/c and mortgage with ub. My employer pays my salary through ub. Due to be paid on 28th and no sign.. Husband weekly paid and he is now up to date. Today they took my mortgage!! Checked the news thus evening and they are saying up to date to the 4th of July!!! Wtf!!... I am not happy at all and up to now have been v patient!!

Every day that goes by and no sign of wages makes me SO angry. I was, like you, quite patient up until 2-3 days ago. Everything else seems to be getting back to normal now but loads of us still haven't seen any wages. WTF??? And then UB think its ok to take mortgages when they say they won't, and everything is still so messed up :mad: And to top it off they wait almost 3 weeks before they send an email to everyone :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i never got an email

• Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

And to top it off they wait almost 3 weeks before they send an email to everyone :mad::mad:

Yeah it looks like somebody only thought about that yesterday as an afterthought. An email within a few days might have been somewhat helping / reassuring. But after 3 weeks (when the problems are starting to get sorted) it is rather insulting :(

whelan1 wrote: »
    i never got an email

We are working hard to put things right

Many of our customers should see an improved position on their accounts over the next few days, with account transactions continuing to update as we work through the backlog. Once again we would like to apologise to our customers for the significant disruption this has caused, in the meantime, we continue to:

Provide access to cash through any Ulster Bank ATM. If the balance does not reflect up to date payments due into your account, including salary payments, please come to any Ulster Bank branch with your photo ID, account details and payslip.

Waive the cash advance fee and interest for Ulster Bank credit card holders who use their credit card to access cash during the current incident.

Treble our call centre staff to assist you with customer queries through our helpline on 1800 205 100 which is open from 8am until 10pm. If you are calling from abroad please call +353 9156 2910 .

Open our Saturday opening branches today from 10am until 3pm and we will also open our main branches on Sunday from 10am until 1pm to help as many customers as possible. A full list of these branches is available on www.ulsterbank.ie/help.

If you are elderly or have a disability and are unable to access one of our branches, we would ask you to phone your nearest branch so that our staff can put an arrangement in place to support you.

We promise that no customer will be permanently out of pocket as a result of this problem.

Our staff are ready to help and answer any questions you may have.

Sorry Whelan...obviously not everyone got this standardised email full of BS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

whelan1 wrote: »
    i never got an email

nor me

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭qrrgprgua

My account was up to date this morning, including money that I transferred from Ulster Bank to AIB (appeared in AIB account this morning).

However, I just logged in there and it has changed again. A €50 ATM withdrawal I made on Tuesday, which appeared correctly as a €50 withdrawal, has now changed to being a €60 withdrawal. I didn't get a receipt (it was one of those shop ATMs, and it said there was no printer available) so hopefully this will sort itself out.

hmmm not sure. These are automatic transactions. But atleast they can check with the ATM camera to see what the actual withdrawal was. I would contact the bank,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

qrrgprgua wrote: »
    hmmm not sure. These are automatic transactions. But atleast they can check with the ATM camera to see what the actual withdrawal was. I would contact the bank,

The ATM has its own independent internal records too. They wouldn't need to check the camera.

• Advertisement

I never got the e-mail and glad I didn't. I stopped giving out my e-mail address to companies unless it was for online billing or something. Better off that way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement