Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

If you use UB online banking they have your email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If you use UB online banking they have your email address.

Likely for Admin purposes but not for direct mailing. There is an opt out as required by law.

Anyway, went in to check to get the correct text phrasing and it's offline again(UB Online)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Yeah, you'll find they'll have only emailed people who have given them authorisation to email them.

If you didn't tick the appropriate boxes when you signed up, they probably don't have permission to contact you by email.

Most older accounts would have no email communications anyway.

Banks in general don't bother much with email as a form of communication as it's quite a bad idea due to phishing scams etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rainyrun

rainyrun wrote: »
    I am in the exact same position. My a/c and mortgage with ub. My employer pays my salary through ub. Due to be paid on 28th and no sign.. Husband weekly paid and he is now up to date. Today they took my mortgage!! Checked the news thus evening and they are saying up to date to the 4th of July!!! Wtf!!... I am not happy at all and up to now have been v patient!!

Every day that goes by and no sign of wages makes me SO angry. I was, like you, quite patient up until 2-3 days ago. Everything else seems to be getting back to normal now but loads of us still haven't seen any wages. WTF??? And then UB think its ok to take mortgages when they say they won't, and everything is still so messed up :mad: And to top it off they wait almost 3 weeks before they send an email to everyone :mad::mad:

Just noticed now that mortgage is not there now!! But loads of charges have been applied! Now I am really angry, if the " updated my account " properly like they announced on the news then there would have no need for this at all!! My wages pay for mortgage etc!! I am working flat out so no time to get to bank !!! I will see if my branch open today and try and leave work for a while! V v mad

Shocked that the APP and online banking are still down. Must be something amuck. Maybe as another UK bank, owned by RBS, had technical issues yesterday we have been moved back in priority!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Shocked that the APP and online banking are still down. Must be something amuck. Maybe as another UK bank, owned by RBS, had technical issues yesterday we have been moved back in priority!

D'ont think we ever had priority me ould Beer.

CAN.I.BE.PAID.SOON.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 malu2012

Looks like my phone will be cut off tomoro if not paid by then already had a dozen calla about it also cant even pay my car tax online and tax office open 1 day per month now due to the cuts around. Can't even book flights with ryanair for trip I need to make which have now gone from 70euro to 156euro all because I have had to wait over 2weeks with no visa debit.

I for one have enough the stress of this crap they are giving us! Where do we complain and is there any point what will we get for it the same poor excuse??

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bayou

UB now announcing that 'most' payments up to last Wednesday have been credited to accounts.

Payment due to me on Frday 29th June still missing and from reading this thread, there seems to be an AWFUL lot of people still waiting for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

oh dear god im overdrawn by 2000euro and expecting holiday pay 3weeks pay this friday still witing on 22nd nd 29th of june wages o go i got paid this week by cheque hoping my employer will do the same this week or ill have no money for 3weeks or until this is sorted they have taken money twice mortgage,loans etc etc :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

At last!!Debits updated,Salary from July 5th is in...still no sign of salary from June 21st though,wonder if I'll ever see it

• Advertisement

jojofizzio wrote: »
    At last!!Debits updated,Salary from July 5th is in

I'm up to date as well. This weeks wages, 5th July, arrived as well and all DDs have gone out(except EBS Mortgage). Next week my wages go to BOI, important as it includes quarterly commission, and as soon as I receive my Visa Debit from BOI ALL money will be taken out in cash and brought down the road. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Still awaiting on lodgements to go into account from 25th June, card is totally out of use as there are no funds going in, all going out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

shortys94 wrote: »
    Still awaiting on lodgements to go into account from 25th June, card is totally out of use as there are no funds going in, all going out.

Same here, all debits present and (un)accounted for, including numerous bank charges and DD's showing unpaid :rolleyes:

Branch lodgments still obviously not done.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tartanarmy

Still waiting in salary from 21st here. Some DDs that were showing up in last few days are now unpaid. Makes no sense with their statement about progress. Surely you tackle the oldest items first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

did someone say on here that branch lodgements where to be done over this weekend? still waiting on 3 of them myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

whelan1 wrote: »
    i never got an email

Mine went into spam. I'm sure google feels that anything with "bank" and "sorry" in the email must be spam ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mcballer

I'm 99% up to date have wages from June 21st and july 5th and all direct debits went out today. Only problem now is the duplicate ATM transactions.Will be contacting UB about that! I Also will be making sure the DD's have actually reached the recipients.
    Hopefully that will be the end of the shenanigans and I can go on holidays with peace of mind I won't be marooned in south America with no money!!Fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

tartanarmy wrote: »
    Still waiting in salary from 21st here. Some DDs that were showing up in last few days are now unpaid. Makes no sense with their statement about progress. Surely you tackle the oldest items first.

You would think that's how they would undo a backlog alright,but clearly not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Beer Baron wrote: »
    They go offline when a batch run is being processed. It happens every couple of hours now for about an hour. When it comes back online, accounts will be more up to date.

testicle wrote: »
    They go offline when a batch run is being processed. It happens every couple of hours now for about an hour. When it comes back online, accounts will be more up to date.

I checked around midnight before I went to bed and again at 9am and still nothing so I assumed it might have been gone off all night. The world stops when you're asleep right.......................................right:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 glyons

getting seriously worried , angry here. Third Friday that I haven't received any wages , all my DD's and SO's originally went out but having checked my account the last coulple of days , they have all come back landing me with nearly 70 euro in charges on my a/c and UB say the majority of accounts are now updated! I have paperwork filled out to open a/c with boi - will decide over next couple of days if I will go ahead with this. Is there anyone elses a/c in a similar state to mine or do I REALLY need to start worrying

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

jojofizzio wrote: »
    [/U]

You would think that's how they would undo a backlog alright,but clearly not...

Paper items are in branches waiting to be input. Electronic items are being put through by India

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Got the email, but assumed it was a phishing scam .. glad i didnt waste time reading it anyway going by post earlier.

Finally seen some movements DD & SO moving, recognise the amounts but descriptions are vague/non existant..

Glad I dont get wages paid into UB,

On the duped transactions, will UB look trawl through these or will it be up to a/c holder to query ??? tempted to go to ATM & do a double withdrawal..

Edit - got a receipt of payment confirmation for a cheque sent in the middle of the mess - no sign of this clearing on my a.c

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maupat

After many worried days my account is finally up-to-date as of this morning insofar as all my wages to date are now showing up as are all the DDs and SOs that normally leave my account.

However these same DDs and SOs have not reached their specific account destinations. Will these reach their destination in due course (without incurring any extra charges)?

To end on another positive note, I can now make ATM withdrawals and these are also updated accordingly on my online account.

Hopefully, those still waiting on wages will receive them soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

My account is now up to date. Wages showing up, ATM and DD's also showing correct. Hopefully it'll stay this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Walkman wrote: »
    My account is now up to date. Wages showing up, ATM and DD's also showing correct. Hopefully it'll stay this way.

I'm happy for you unfortunately for me some €300 in lodgements are still floating and some transactions are duplicated how can I formally file a complaint? Over the past few days my account balance has fluctuated wildely with very little spending on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just got hit with 3 separate irregular account charges

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

All my salaries in. My account is still showing that it has 800 more than it does though, as obviously manual cash withdrawals in the branch have not been put in yet. Cant wait to the day I actually see what I have in my account!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

Ffs the one and only DD they took and paid on time was the Eircom one i canceled. I presume theres nothing i can do about that now.

• Advertisement

danois wrote: »
    Ffs the one and only DD they took and paid on time was the Eircom one i canceled. I presume theres nothing i can do about that now.

I cancelled all my DDs except the mortgage(due out over weekend) but checked this morning and some were reactivated so I, and I suggest others do this, is to cancel them online again(if you plan on moving banks) and take a screenshot as backup and proof showing you DO NOT authorise those payments if they allow them to leave again.

I'm leaving Ulster Bank but keeping my account open to ensure I get my compensation and to follow through with a written complaint so I don't want sneaky DDs going out when there will be no money in the account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement