Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

All my dd's have left the account but the lodgement to cover them has vanished so they all bounced. Loads of 12.70 charges now. One of those was my mortgage, and that is with ULSTER!!
    Business account is still showing no movement at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

On the duped transactions, will UB look trawl through these or will it be up to a/c holder to query ??? tempted to go to ATM & do a double withdrawal..

The ATM journal roll will show that you took out the same amount under separate timestamps. However one could argue that they have so much sh1t to clean up once they get everything up to date, that they may just refund you anyway if you complain !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Transferred money to another bank account last Wednesday morning, it still hasn't arrived at the destination account. Disaster! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

Oh I am soooo sick and tired of this.

During the week it finally seemed as if there was progress being made on my account. DD's and even my SO to the credit union were finally starting to appear. No sign of the OTC lodgement that was done early last week, but then I don't expect to see that anytime soon.

But what I didn't expect to happen was that the SO would disappear!!!! :eek::eek::eek: This morning when I logged onto Anytime it was mysteriously gone! The DD's and card payments all still seem to be there (I think) but not my credit union payment. WTF???:confused::confused::confused:

Needless to say, I've been to the bank machine and have withdrawn cash up to the current balance limit. Now I'll be closely watching my account and anytime I have a positive balance I'll be doing the same thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

km79 wrote: »
    Just got hit with 3 separate irregular account charges
    Same here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

As of this morning I'm up to date too. Several transactions were processed today and several were processed yesterday. That said, I do not have any "paper" transactions - cash lodgements or withdrawals from the branch since the start of the Ulster bank troubles...

What will be the bill for the hundreds of thousands of man hours of manual data entry? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,938 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Just had a €10 withdrawal duplicated. And there has still been no sign of the wages that I had withdrawn in cash being debited from my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

Yesterday was the first movement we've seen in our UB account. The dd to sky has been paid but then there was also a 12.50 charge as it put us in the minus.
    Today OH salary from 5th July was showing up but not salary from 21st June None of the money we have withdrawn manually has seemingly been processed - I presume the're working on it - just hope they get the math right!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Z1no

I've just moved to the UK and didn't realize that the Natwest bank is linked to Ulsterbank as its in the RBS Group. Does anyone know if its having the same problems as Ulsterbank as im waiting for relocation money to be paid into my new account and it hasnt shown up. As its a new account I dont have internet banking or my ATM cards yet so I have to go into the bank to check balances etc at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

What's the procedure for filling a complaint I presume the bank wont automatically amend your account unless you tell them something is amiss, my account balance has fluctuated wildely with little spending on my part I see duplicated transactions and I'm waiting on a €200 lodgement from 18-20th of June to appear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

Still no HSE WAGES CREDITED........AND SEE BELOW THE MESSAGE ON THE HSE website........what an fn joke! THe media believe (sadly and wrongly) that everything is nearly up-to-date,What sort of a banana republic do we live in ?

HSE payees who are Ulster Bank customers
    Any payments due to HSE payees who receive these payments through Ulster Bank accounts may not be credited until Ulster Bank restore a full service. Ulster Bank customers whose salary has been delayed in reaching their account should visit their nearest branch along with their photo ID, account details and payslip in order to withdraw their required funds.

Frequently Asked Questions and progress updates are available on www.ulsterbank.ie and further information is available from Ulster Bank on its helpline 1800 205 100 which is open from 8am - 10pm.

HSE payees who are non-Ulster Bank customers

All payments that were due to be credited should now be available to HSE payees.

Imagine that!!! Just read that last line and weep if you are a UB customer relying on a UB electronic transfer of wages!!!

justryan wrote: »
    What's the procedure for filling a complaint I presume the bank wont automatically amend your account unless you tell them something is amiss, my account balance has fluctuated wildely with little spending on my part I see duplicated transactions and I'm waiting on a €200 lodgement from 18-20th of June to appear.

I've just been on the phone to UB about (1) duplicate transactions, (2) appearing/disappearing transactions and (3) when I can expect to see manual credit transactions on my online statment.

Basically the response was : (1)Wait until the issues have been resolved and if you can still see duplicate transactions then contact either your branch or the helpdesk, (2) Don't know (3) Don't know.

Helpful as ever!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

lislaw wrote: »
    Oh I am soooo sick and tired of this.

During the week it finally seemed as if there was progress being made on my account. DD's and even my SO to the credit union were finally starting to appear. No sign of the OTC lodgement that was done early last week, but then I don't expect to see that anytime soon.

But what I didn't expect to happen was that the SO would disappear!!!! :eek::eek::eek: This morning when I logged onto Anytime it was mysteriously gone! The DD's and card payments all still seem to be there (I think) but not my credit union payment. WTF???:confused::confused::confused:

Needless to say, I've been to the bank machine and have withdrawn cash up to the current balance limit. Now I'll be closely watching my account and anytime I have a positive balance I'll be doing the same thing.

All of my S/O's have disappeared after they once were showing only to be replaced by unpaid fees. I have had 2 DD's show up and then disappear and both of them were replaced by the 12.70 fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Dawn Rider

They are still taking out S/O's from an overdrawn account and charging me 12.70 a time.
    The only reason that account is overdrawn is because they haven't lodged the cash I put into it at the start of all this.

I've had to ask my clients to pay me cash so I can in turn pay my suppliers in cash, as I wanted to keep my business account with them as simple as possible. Not sure if that's the best move, but that's how it is.

When this is 'over' I now have to take time off to go through 3 accounts I have with them to check each transaction, and decide which if not all accounts to move elsewhere.

I have been more than patient with them, but I've had enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I've just been on the phone to UB about (1) duplicate transactions, (2) appearing/disappearing transactions and (3) when I can expect to see manual credit transactions on my online statment.

Basically the response was : (1)Wait until the issues have been resolved and if you can still see duplicate transactions then contact either your branch or the helpdesk, (2) Don't know (3) Don't know.

Helpful as ever!!!
    Surprised you even bothered tbh.

I know - I just wanted a record of my having contacted them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Does anyone know when UB will be starting to input manual transactions. im still waiting on cash lodgments to show up on my account, and im getting sick of wondering when, if ever, i will see MY money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 malu2012

I know - I just wanted a record of my having contacted them.

I called them today started to kick up a bit of fuss and within about 30seconds the guy said to me please hold ill transfer you...

I thought maybe he just wanted to shift me off but then came a voice saying "hello complaints" the previous guy had explained all my complaint and i was told that complaint had been lodged and i will get a confirmation letter in a few days to see how to compensate me. not sure what they mean by that exactly but we will see....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

They are only compensating those who complain directly to them?
    I'd rather not have to ring them and have to give out to some poor sap in a call centre somewhere that played no part in causing this fiasco.
    Now if anyone has the number of the manager who decided to outsource...well then...
    When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

When a bank's IT runs into a problem, they call in the business experts and reps, and everyone sits around a table, so that when the system is back up, they know what the order of events should be e.g. a business expert will say that you must post credits before debits, and you must remember to run X job because it updates Y job. If you move your IT to India, you are at their mercy. They often don't have a clue of the business of banking. They are faced with thousands of production applications and no idea what needs to run when. They should have kept their IT in Dublin and Edinburgh. There wouldn't have been such carnage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

If they're unable to identify where the errors are, this will roll on and on and on.

Customers are just going to have to keep going through their accounts forensically analysing them for bank errors and reporting them to the bank.

It's now beyond even a fiasco! I'm running out of synonyms that aren't rude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

any one have any over the counter lodgements in their account yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 malu2012

Supercell wrote: »
    I'd rather not have to ring them and have to give out to some poor sap in a call centre somewhere that played no part in causing this fiasco.
    Now if anyone has the number of the manager who decided to outsource...well then...

I didnt exactly fly off the handle as obviously not his fault but I did make my point. anyway id see i be lucky to see any type of compensation at all ive started not to beleive a word they tell me. seeing is beleiving :rolleyes:

I wonder if anyone else had the same response as I did???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

whelan1 wrote: »
    any one have any over the counter lodgements in their account yet?

it doesnt seem so.

its just not good enough. im still waiting on cash lodgments to show up in my account. ill be phoning them in the morning to lodge a formal complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Supercell wrote: »

I'll be waiting until it is sorted out and will be lodging a written complaint, which will go on file no doubt with the complaint i lodged at the end of May relating to the mess up they did with switching my account! No point lodging a complaint until then as far as i can see. BTW Ulster Bank do not refer to them as complaints, they are "concerns" lol I kid you not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

chasm wrote: »
    I'll be waiting until it is sorted out and will be lodging a written complaint, which will go on file no doubt with the complaint i lodged at the end of May relating to the mess up they did with switching my account! No point lodging a complaint until then as far as i can see. BTW Ulster Bank do not refer to them as complaints, they are "concerns" lol I kid you not :D

I got €149 for this. It was my current account and credit being moved from BOI to UB on the June Weekend time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I got €149 for this. It was my current account and credit being moved from BOI to UB on the June Weekend time.

They didn't move any of my DDs - last i heard they were logging it as a concern, so i don't know what that entails? Supposedly the person who dealt with switching my a/c move to a different dept within the bank and they were supposed to pass on paperwork and didn't. They replied back to me that i could call in branch and they'd redo it or they could send me a new form so i said i would switch it myself - that was the 20th June!!!! Needless to say my DD are still with my old bank at the moment, but on the plus side at least they are being paid ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2170378/Second-RBS-glitch-hits-bank-s-savers-100-000-customers-balances-updated.html

Surely the end of the road for this fcuk**g shambles of a bank

Give me my money and I'll get the fcuk outta here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Betty Swallox

booth70 wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2170378/Second-RBS-glitch-hits-bank-s-savers-100-000-customers-balances-updated.html

Surely the end of the road for this fcuk**g shambles of a bank

Give me my money and I'll get the fcuk outta here!!!

RBS should be rebranded as the Royal Bank of Outsourcing after this shambles, seeing as none of the IT is being done in Scotland anymore. What a joke this company is. They should be at least telling people when the branch paper transactions are going to happen. But I suspect they're dependant on the Indian IT department on getting their systems up and running and I doubt UB business can get a straight answer out of them. That's the reason the deadline has kept movin over the past 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-current-accounts/
    Not exactly flush with options though are we?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement