Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gottalovegreys

whelan1 wrote: »
    any one have any over the counter lodgements in their account yet?

One i made on 29th july just showed up today (a cheque) but a cash lodgement i made on the 20th still hasn't hit my account :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Just out of curiousity, anyone with a UB acc have any 1-time payments from a BOI acc showing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DELTATIP

Update :

Douglas cork accountee -
    For what its worth Our account rang up to date as of today
    Morgage -Salaries-Direct Debit s -Atms -Shop payment etc.

All i have to do is sort out 1 double take Which Ill take it up on tuesday
    with Ub

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Just out of curiousity, anyone with a UB acc have any 1-time payments from a BOI acc showing up?

Yes mine are showing up now. UB is our joint account while my personal account is with BOI and I regularly make payments between the accounts. It seems up to date now. I made one online transfer on Thursday but that probably won't show til Monday. One I made on Tuesday showed up today.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

I had an over the counter cash lodgement show up today from the 25th, but still no sign of the one from the 20th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ckeogh

Quick Question,
    I'm only with Ulster Bank to pay Direct Debits for UPC, occasional app store purchase, so never much money in the account...

Had a bill due on the 5th July, went to lodge money, told a fib told them i needed the money in that particular week. They told me it wont show in account until that weekend, which of course in hindsight it wouldn't have, but I was also told in Branch on the 25th June that if it was payable via Paypoint to do that instead, so i didnt lodge the money as was advised so i could ring UPC to see, which they said yes.

just using my UB app there & have a transaction

"4th july Unpaid Item(s) -12.70"

Is this a charge for my unpaid Direct Debit due to their cashiers advice?

Also app store wont let me make purchases, say payment method declined? i was under the impression that if im being fleeced with charges, then my app store should work too?

any one any idea's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Monife wrote: »
    Yes mine are showing up now. UB is our joint account while my personal account is with BOI and I regularly make payments between the accounts. It seems up to date now. I made one online transfer on Thursday but that probably won't show til Monday. One I made on Tuesday showed up today.

Are these scheduled transfers or do you have to do each one?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

Has anyone who works for the HSE with UB accounts received their wages yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Are these scheduled transfers or do you have to do each one?

Oh they're not scheduled. I manually do it online...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cillo rs200

I'm in the same boat as ckeogh as regards being declined on all online transactions... I'm setting up a boi account as of Monday, screw them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

Just got off the phone to a Northern guy at UB and asked him what was their problem with not paying HSE staff who have UB accounts,was it their problem or is it the HSE FAULT,i REFERRED HIM TO THE hse WEBSITE,he DID NOT KNOW WHAT THE STORY WAS BUT THAT EVERYTHING WOULD BE UP DATED BY 16 jULY.hE DID NOT DO A LOT FOR CUSTOMER SERVICES OR CUSTOMER LOYALTY AND WAS RATHER RUDE IN HIS MANNER,I told him it wasn't his fault but that between himself UB AND HSE THAT it needed to be sorted soon or I was going to the national media about it.I am horrified the various HSE unions are not up in arms over this.Access to Funds for HSE Payees:Below is the FRONT PAGE OF hse and yet our nortern friend did not know/care about our plight!!!! makes you wonder.....................

HSE payees who are Ulster Bank customers
    Any payments due to HSE payees who receive these payments through Ulster Bank accounts may not be credited until Ulster Bank restore a full service. Ulster Bank customers whose salary has been delayed in reaching their account should visit their nearest branch along with their photo ID, account details and payslip in order to withdraw their required funds.

Frequently Asked Questions and progress updates are available on www.ulsterbank.ie and further information is available from Ulster Bank on its helpline 1800 205 100 which is open from 8am - 10pm.

HSE payees who are non-Ulster Bank customers

All payments that were due to be credited should now be available to HSE payees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭dee.

^ well "our northern friend" is most likely just as informed as the rest of us. It's stressful for everyone but attacking people on the phone isn't going to help because they didn't cause this and they aren't being told much more than we are.

I noticed there's a couple hundred euros more than there should be in my account today, definitely wasn't there last night. Should I tell them or will they sort it out themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

I am horrified the various HSE unions are not up in arms over this.Access to Funds for HSE Payees:Below is the FRONT PAGE OF hse and yet our nortern friend did not know/care about our plight!!!! makes you wonder.....................

HSE payees who are Ulster Bank customers
    Any payments due to HSE payees who receive these payments through Ulster Bank accounts may not be credited until Ulster Bank restore a full service. Ulster Bank customers whose salary has been delayed in reaching their account should visit their nearest branch along with their photo ID, account details and payslip in order to withdraw their required funds.

Frequently Asked Questions and progress updates are available on www.ulsterbank.ie and further information is available from Ulster Bank on its helpline 1800 205 100 which is open from 8am - 10pm.

HSE payees who are non-Ulster Bank customers

All payments that were due to be credited should now be available to HSE payees.

Have you spoken to your Union rep about this? Perhaps they are buying all the media spin about it being "sorted".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

dee. wrote: »
    I noticed there's a couple hundred euros more than there should be in my account today, definitely wasn't there last night. Should I tell them or will they sort it out themselves?

Happened to me. I wouldn't bother telling them. They corrected the error with a day for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

I'm currently in the UK. I have a visa debit card & transferred €200 into my account on Thursday last to top it up, there was about €150 in it before that.

They told me I could just keep using the card & it would go into debit but it would be ok, however, after paint for train tickets, dinner, sim card etc, I checked the balance on the app € it's telling me that there's €150 in the account with only €33 available.

I'm here until the weekend, they better not shaft meover here, there'll be hell to pay if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jps44

Has anyone who works for the HSE with UB accounts received their wages yet?

Today, salary from 5th July came in, but still nothing for 21st June !! All DDs incl mortgage now eventually going out, also some duplicate DDs and ATMs and as a result lots of irregular account charges of 4.44 for going OD on various accounts I presume ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

jps44 wrote: »
    Today, salary from 5th July came in, but still nothing for 21st June !! All DDs incl mortgage now eventually going out, also some duplicate DDs and ATMs and as a result lots of irregular account charges of 4.44 for going OD on various accounts I presume ?

At this point, that is what I'm afraid of....my husbands wage is due in again this Thursday but still no sign of the wage due 28th June. I have a horrible feeling that we'll see the one due this week before the previous one. Also, our account is all over the place as its almost 700 overdrawn now. All DDs for us are now paid up to date, just have no wage to pay for them. So we know everything else is moving along as "normal". Absolutely fuming here that this is allowed to happen to HSE employees who have accounts with UB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Now fully up to date. UB took back their kind cash advance also. So they are now processing the piles of paper at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Now fully up to date. UB took back their kind cash advance also. So they are now processing the piles of paper at last.

Nice to hear some people up to date. Still no sign of cheque lodged on June 23rd. Also, still duplicates from June 21st on statement :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 petrapig

id interest charge of 2.70 debits today , bloody cheeck , a strongly worded letter to the indo in my future !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

good to hear that things are beginning to normalise for some :)

account still frozen where it was at around the 21st.

no duplicates yet to be taken off.

no lodgements.

cash advance feee on credit card still there.

:mad:

it will give me great pleasure to close my accounts when things are back where they should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

I transferred money from UB to my NIB Credit Card on the 26th June and the amount was taken off my UB balance the same day, it is now finally showing up as arrived arrived with my CC today, 9th July!

My direct debits for my mortgage etc are coming out for July - I just hope they're getting to their destination quicker than my credit card payment. I know they say they'll cover costs but I'd rather not be getting into all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

petrapig wrote: »
    id interest charge of 2.70 debits today , bloody cheeck , a strongly worded letter to the indo in my future !

Hang on a while - they are promising to automaticall reverse all interest charges that were caused by this mess. Give it a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭notuslimited

Still no sign of my wages from 21 June but wages from 5 July are there. Also payment to Iceland in Clonmel dated 3 July. Was I in Clonmel on this date- was I fu3k. Also small receipt of 31 yoyos which I have no idea what it relates to. Total shambles. The Central Bank should take their banking licence from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Still short 50 quid. I deposited €150 via 'fast lodgement' at the start of 'the troubles'.
    That means I stuck it in a ****ing envelope on faith, as they asked me to do the last time I deposited at a cashier.

Somehow they credited me with €100. How hard is it to count to €150, it was 3 x €50 notes.

Anyhow, I will speak to them in branch. If they are even remotely sceptical I will probably lose the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I am missing two child maintenance payments and as of this morning, there is still no sign. I'm an AIB customer, payment is coming from Ulster Bank account... it is beyond ridiculous at this stage. I'm a single mother, I have no money at the best of times but at this stage I am tearing my hair out.

embee wrote: »
    I am missing two child maintenance payments and as of this morning, there is still no sign. I'm an AIB customer, payment is coming from Ulster Bank account... it is beyond ridiculous at this stage. I'm a single mother, I have no money at the best of times but at this stage I am tearing my hair out.

Go in to your local branch, anyone who is stuck for money is being given up to €500 which will be later deducted from your balance when it's up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭OU812

^ not much use to me in London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I've already been into my branch of AIB - they're only paying out salary payments and social welfare payments. Maintenance payments don't count.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement