Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

dee. wrote: »
    embee wrote: »
    I am missing two child maintenance payments and as of this morning, there is still no sign. I'm an AIB customer, payment is coming from Ulster Bank account... it is beyond ridiculous at this stage. I'm a single mother, I have no money at the best of times but at this stage I am tearing my hair out.

Go in to your local branch, anyone who is stuck for money is being given up to €500 which will be later deducted from your balance when it's up to date.
    That won't work as she's not an Ulster Bank customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Monday 9th July.

My commercial account is now running at minus 2k.

I see a daily charge of €4.44 for being "out of order" as well as two €12.70 bounced DD fees.

Even though they swore they were honouring everything, my two main suppliers have been rejected for payment. I have spoken to both of them twice in the past week so they knew it could happen.

What pees me off is the official announcements that they have nearly caught up and disprution should finish this week. As far as I can see, they are processing only the EFT transactions. Most of my big lodgements are done over the counter. While the bank tells me not to worry, they have them, they have not been allocated to my account. Stupidity of the highest kind.

I have no doubt I will get every penny back, but I have got to hope my suppliers understand this crap. Although, I am sure I am not the only one.

Gonna go around there at 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭geotrig

everything now up to date on my account as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Monday 9th July.

I see a daily charge of €4.44 for being "out of order" as well as two €12.70 bounced DD fees.

Even though they swore they were honouring everything, my two main suppliers have been rejected for payment. I have spoken to both of them twice in the past week so they knew it could happen.

What pees me off is the official announcements that they have nearly caught up and disprution should finish this week. As far as I can see, they are processing only the EFT transactions. Most of my big lodgements are done over the counter. While the bank tells me not to worry, they have them, they have not been allocated to my account. Stupidity of the highest kind.

I have no doubt I will get every penny back, but I have got to hope my suppliers understand this crap. Although, I am sure I am not the only one.

i too have a commercial account , am sailing too close to the wind as my otc lodgements seem to be lost somewhere... things are hard enough with out this crap, we have been patient thus far:mad:

whelan1 wrote: »
    i too have a commercial account , am sailing too close to the wind as my otc lodgements seem to be lost somewhere... things are hard enough with out this crap, we have been patient thus far:mad:

Exactly what has happened to me. The cash physically handed in has not been applied to the account. They have bounced just under ten grand, but are sitting on over thirty grand !

My main supplier knows the score, so should be ok, The National Lottery also knows the score, spoken to them twice but I hope they dont shut my terminal down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Monday 9th July.

Like you they assured me that everything would be honoured and thankfully all mine have been so far - they might be able to repair personal credit ratings but they can't repair damage done to business by non-payment of suppliers.

I haven't lodged to UB for over a week now, put them into a savings account I had with another institution so that if things don't get sorted by the end of this week I can get drafts etc. from there to pay suppliers. When UB get sorted out I will transfer what is needed across to the business account.

I can't understand why none of the business groups have come out and said anything.

The some of my lodgements have shown up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Right so just checked my account 3fees for unpaid dds, interest in my cc and they have taken the amount from my account for the sub I went in to get but still no ****ing credits. Where's my wages from the 22nd and where's the lodgement that was due into my account. This a ridiculous. Take everything they are owed & give me nothing

Eblana12 wrote: »
    Like you they assured me that everything would be honoured and thankfully all mine have been so far - they might be able to repair personal credit ratings but they can't repair damage done to business by non-payment of suppliers.

I haven't lodged to UB for over a week now, put them into a savings account I had with another institution so that if things don't get sorted by the end of this week I can get drafts etc. from there to pay suppliers. When UB get sorted out I will transfer what is needed across to the business account.

I can't understand why none of the business groups have come out and said anything.

The some of my lodgements have shown up.

Just spoken to commercial banking in town. They know Bankline is showing bouncing fees, but they assure me NOTHING has been bounced. I have spoken to my branch and they are keying the manual lodgements at the moment. I see what you are saying about damage to your business, but nobody in this country is unaware of the issues, so you would have to be a complete spare to hold anyone responsible for this (except UB)

Jemmy wrote: »
    Right so just checked my account 3fees for unpaid dds, interest in my cc and they have taken the amount from my account for the sub I went in to get but still no ****ing credits. Where's my wages from the 22nd and where's the lodgement that was due into my account. This a ridiculous. Take everything they are owed & give me nothing

I can understand your frustration, but ignore the fees and interest. Let them mount up, you are not liable for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

I can understand your frustration, but ignore the fees and interest. Let them mount up, you are not liable for them.

Ah I know thanks, its more so that they have gone in & debited the 500e sub I got but still haven't given me anything I'm owed at all. They have processed these paperwork payment but I've still not received my 2 EFTs due to me :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Just spoken to commercial banking in town. They know Bankline is showing bouncing fees, but they assure me NOTHING has been bounced. I have spoken to my branch and they are keying the manual lodgements at the moment. I see what you are saying about damage to your business, but nobody in this country is unaware of the issues, so you would have to be a complete spare to hold anyone responsible for this (except UB)

That is good to know.

A lot of my suppliers are in the UK (where they think this has all be sorted with RBS), France and one or two in the US so they are not quite as understanding as the Irish Suppliers.

I have loads of 4.44 charges but not worried about these as I know they will be reversed out. I also have a couple of very small cheques being debited(one for 6 euros and one for 22 euros) that don't match the numbers in my cheque book I will get these sorted when it all settles down.

I heard on the radio yesterday that UB have finally admitted that they are duplicating some transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Is there any point going into branch to lodge money ?
    Is it still not going into accounts for ages ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

km79 wrote: »

I wouldn't do it myself. I lodged money in branch on June 23rd!!!!!!!!! No sign of it :mad::mad::mad:I don't think they have even started doing OTC lodgements yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 lislaw

km79 wrote: »

My advice?? DON'T!!

This mess is nowhere near being sorted out. Keep the cash to hand, somewhere safe, obviously, and don't worry about debits to your account etc.

Any negative balance can easily be sorted out after this is all over without any worries about charges, credit ratings etc.

The most important thing is to ensure you have access to cash. If you lodge the money there is no guarantee that you are going to be able to access it for a week and a half at best and possibly longer if things in UB don't go to plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

They're talking to people on the morning show on TV3 in a couple of minutes, customers who've been affected/seeking compo. Off to work so can't watch but might be worth a watch if anyone's around a TV

I'm lodging today. No drop box, but putting it into the cashiers hand and getting a stamp in my lodgement book.

The only real danger here is the mistakes made. As everything is being put in manually, human error will be a serious problem. With the amount of pressure these folks are under, they will make loads of mistakes.

Keep a paper trail folks.

Apart from that, calm down. There is no point in getting wound up about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The only real danger here is the mistakes made. As everything is being put in manually, human error will be a serious problem. With the amount of pressure these folks are under, they will make loads of mistakes.

Keep a paper trail folks.

Each time I lodge to the company account I have to e-mail the office as normal but now I am also putting down the branch, cashiers name and exact time of lodgement just in case.

A few weeks back the cashier make a mistake of lodging €50 less than what I gave him. Damned if it was coming out of my pocket. Took 2 weeks to sort it out. Imagine how long it would take now. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

so i tried to ring my branch and got diverted to UB's cal centre.

i asked to be switched to my personal branch as I wanted to know if they have started keying in manual over the counter lodgements yet.

he said he couldnt patch me through as they were too busy to take my call.

i asked him did he know when otc transactions would be inputted, and he said that would not begin until the week of the 16th:eek:

so either he didnt know what he was talking about, or itll still be weeks for my account to be up to date

when i get back to galway tomorrow im going in in person. ive been very patient so far, but no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Still no transactions with money going in to account showing up from 25th June,

Also finding some purchases online I was charged twice for, called ulster bank, I was under the impression that the back log is mostly consisting of manual Lodgements and paychecks but supposedly even all online electronic transactions have to be manually entered? and that being charged twice is normal at the moment, For every customer,Surely that isnt true? Would that not take months rather than weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

"he said he couldnt patch me through as they were too busy to take my call."

Was also told this, they also said that they couldn't even call respective branches themselves,

A lot of waffling just to keep customers off their backs I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

Made a transfer out via online Anytime banking on 3 july to a PTSB account. the payment is showing in Anytime online transaction listing but the transfer has not yet been credited to the PTSB account.
    Anyone else have similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

mobpd wrote: »
    Made a transfer out via online Anytime banking on 3 july to a PTSB account. the payment is showing in Anytime online transaction listing but the transfer has not yet been credited to the PTSB account.
    Anyone else have similar?

Yep i made an online outgoing payment last week. Only difference is it was going to BOI and has not got there yet. I was under the assumption this wasn't affected by this mess?

I think they've finally broke me. :mad: Will open a new current account this week for next months wages. I do not see the bank lasting in this country now. Pathetic. :mad:

100gSoma wrote: »
    I think they've finally broke me. :mad: Will open a new current account this week for next months wages. I do not see the bank lasting in this country now. Pathetic. :mad:

you know what the really sad thing is? i honestly think they will last. most people will take the bollocking UB have put them through the last few weeks as long as they get some form of compo.

I for one cant wait until the over the counter transactions i lodged show up on my account so I can close it. Ive had enough of UB's propaganda spin on things that things are beginning to normalise.

the majority of customers accounts wont normalise until manual overthe counter lodgements and withdrawls are processed

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    Yep i made an online outgoing payment last week. Only difference is it was going to BOI and has not got there yet. I was under the assumption this wasn't affected by this mess?

I'm out of country this week so hard to contact UB to see what the story is here...
    I'm assuming they havent processed the interbank transfer - but is it not worrying that they have still made the debit in the UB account? Would it be possible to find out the status of this - is it in a queue of transactions or should I attempt the transfer again online?
    also have a few duplicate debit card transactions

mobpd wrote: »
    I'm out of country this week so hard to contact UB to see what the story is here...
    I'm assuming they havent processed the interbank transfer - but is it not worrying that they have still made the debit in the UB account? Would it be possible to find out the status of this - is it in a queue of transactions or should I attempt the transfer again online?
    also have a few duplicate debit card transactions

i wouldnt attempt the transfer again. youre just going to have to wait until it shows up im afraid. nothing you can do to speed up the process. you, and everyone else are the the mercy of UB!

you know what the really sad thing is? i honestly think they will last. most people will take the bollocking UB have put them through the last few weeks as long as they get some form of compo.

How much compo would it take for you to keep your account there now? Thats the question I ask myself. I would baulk at anything less than €500 to be honest. This has been a total nightmare. The company I am doing some work for is also UB and there are payment issues there too as the payment passes through a third party.

I was one of the ones who said I'd ride it out initially. As one week become 2, became 3, became uncertain, I've been pressed enough. Will take any compo and move out my 4 accounts! Joint, Current, reg sav, deposit.

I would think any business customers would surely move account now after this. No doubt it has affected their business in a big way. Inability to pay suppliers, or receive payments. Not to mention the uncertainty and stress of all this muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

I just logged in there to get my credit Union number from my standing order so I could ring them and see when they last got paid!! I can't tho because it is telling me I have no standing orders set up ffs if I have to set them up again I think that will be the last straw for me I know its not that much hassle to do its just after everything else :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

danois wrote: »
    I just logged in there to get my credit Union number from my standing order so I could ring them and see when they last got paid!! I can't tho because it is telling me I have no standing orders set up ffs if I have to set them up again I think that will be the last straw for me I know its not that much hassle to do its just after everything else :mad:

No, my disappeared and reappeared later on. No idea why but they were both paid(SO) and all my Direct Debit were paid also even though they vanished for about 2 days as well.

Fear not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

I advise all those here who's accounts appear to be up-to-date online to check with the recipients of any DDs or SO that they have received the payments.
    My a/c appeared to be correct last Friday. But when i phoned my credit union to check what dates they had actually received the payments, it appears one is missing.
    Payments should have been made on 18/6, 25/6, 2/7 but the Credit Union has only received payments on 19/6 and 6/7. Todays payment is showing as paid on UB account but I will pop into the Credit Union on Wednesday and get an up-to-date statement printed off as proof. 17 days interest applied instead of the usual 7- Thanks UB :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement