Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Systems are down part 3 *READ* First post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Brink

Does anyone know if I can use my Lombard lodgement book at any bank other than Ulster Bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

100gSoma wrote: »
    How much compo would it take for you to keep your account there now? Thats the question I ask myself. I would baulk at anything less than €500 to be honest. This has been a total nightmare. The company I am doing some work for is also UB and there are payment issues there too as the payment passes through a third party.

I was one of the ones who said I'd ride it out initially. As one week become 2, became 3, became uncertain, I've been pressed enough. Will take any compo and move out my 4 accounts! Joint, Current, reg sav, deposit.

I would think any business customers would surely move account now after this. No doubt it has affected their business in a big way. Inability to pay suppliers, or receive payments. Not to mention the uncertainty and stress of all this muck.

at this stage there is NO amount they could offer me to make me stay. they are a financial institution that have proven themselves to be UNABLE to properly manage money. its a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

Beer Baron wrote: »
    No, my disappeared and reappeared later on. No idea why but they were both paid(SO) and all my Direct Debit were paid also even though they vanished for about 2 days as well.

Fear not.

Thanks for that I know its hit and miss with the payments thats why I wanted to check with the credit union. When I logged in to manage my SO and got the messge no SO are activated I thought oh here we go ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I'm lodging money into my AIB account and electronically transferring it to my UBL account. It appears next day as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭anfield liv

Rang the HSE today to see why my wife was not paid on last Thursday week,a very nice lady told me that she herself was in the same boat,working with HSE and having her wages transferred electronically to UB account and she was still waiting and wondering as to when she would be paid......next payday is THIS THURSDAY!!
    I also emailed the wifes union who are saying nothing regarding the UB fiasco.What does one pay union subs for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭danois

I just rang the Credit Union they should of gotten SO from me on the 22nd the 29th and the 6th my online banking shows that they got money on the 27th 29th and 6th BUT they said the last money they actually got was on the 18th so I am now €96 in arrears with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

AIB Customer, UB Mortgage - still haven't taken it.

Not sure what to do, girl in branch told us to wait....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Rang the HSE today to see why my wife was not paid on last Thursday week,a very nice lady told me that she herself was in the same boat,working with HSE and having her wages transferred electronically to UB account and she was still waiting and wondering as to when she would be paid......next payday is THIS THURSDAY!!
    I also emailed the wifes union who are saying nothing regarding the UB fiasco.What does one pay union subs for?

What can the union do in fairness. Its a complete breakdown of UB that is causing it. The union are there for workers rights and so forth but its not like the HSE are withholding pay, they are paying it but UB are causing the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

chris85 wrote: »
    What can the union do in fairness. Its a complete breakdown of UB that is causing it. The union are there for workers rights and so forth but its not like the HSE are withholding pay, they are paying it but UB are causing the issues.

After week two of people not being paid they should have been beating down the doors insisting that they be routed via a different bank. I cannot understand why the state are paying a off shoot of a UK bank to do their business when the state owns a bank of their own (AIB).

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Eblana12

Huggles wrote: »
    AIB Customer, UB Mortgage - still haven't taken it.

Not sure what to do, girl in branch told us to wait....

Wait - UB currently have no way of taking this money. Lodging it in branch will only add to the backlog and cause endless hastle when they do take the money from AIB at a later date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

Question?

I'm going on holiday's tomorrow out foreign for 2 weeks and due to be paid by cheque by my employer on Thursday ( employer with UB, reason for cheque ).

I will get my two weeks holiday pay and weeks wages on Thursday in that cheque.

Family member will collect the cheque for me and lodge it into my BOI account.

How long will it take for an UB cheque to clear in my BOI account.

I will be fine for a week out foreign, but money will be fairly tight the second week.

What are the chances of the cheque clearing within a week?

I'm getting worried now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

So how the f**k are DDs from the 19th screwed up too? I have home insurance with UB and this was recently renewed, transferred to Aviva as their new underwriter. First payment went out on the 19th and then again on the 3rd... I just checked the DD details and they have managed to set it up as 2-weekly payment frequency, instead of monthly... I assume calling them about this is also pointless right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

Finally, two weeks later, the electronic transfer to my BOI account arrived this morning. Now for the letter of complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

RoverZT wrote: »
    Question?

I'm going on holiday's tomorrow out foreign for 2 weeks and due to be paid by cheque by my employer on Thursday ( employer with UB, reason for cheque ).

I will be fine for a week out foreign, but money will be fairly tight the second week.

I'm getting worried now.
    I was always the 5 working days, for it to clear, it may appear on your balance after a day but it usually doesnt "clear " for 5 .

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

I was due to be paid on the 22nd of June and theres still no sign of my monthly pay.

Checked my balance this morning and they have started to deduct money I've taken out over the counter since this whole fiasco began from my account. Nice to know they can manage this but can't update any credits. I've been fairly calm about the whole thing up to this point but I'm starting to get frustrated as although I've kept my receipts things just aren't adding up.

My place of work also banks with them, their point of contact advised our HR dept last Wednesday that 90% of our accounts should have been credited by that stage, in my department anyway those who checked along with myself were still in the minus figures. Work advised we go to the nearest branch with our pay slips and just remove the whole amount.

Starting to fret a bit that this months wages will be in limbo too, I don't want to have to walk around Dublin city centre with a months wages in notes on me but I'm so concerned about not knowing where I stand I'm going to have to do it.

Where would be the best place to move my account to? I hate the AIB(I have what I presume is a dormant account with them now), Bank of Ireland charge fees although they do have the VISA debit card, NIB have no branches, Credit unions have no after hours cash access via ATM.

If I do stick around it will be for their internet banking and no charges only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Eblana12 wrote: »
    After week two of people not being paid they should have been beating down the doors insisting that they be routed via a different bank. I cannot understand why the state are paying a off shoot of a UK bank to do their business when the state owns a bank of their own (AIB).

Firstly nothing to do with the unions. Blaming the HSE us useless, its a UB issue. The HSE I am sure will look at changing banks in light of this mess but with the volume of employees wages they deal with it doesnt happen overnight.

This state owned bank is a load of nonsense. They are state owned obviously but doesnt mean the HSE should use them. The HSE chooses a bank based on their needs (cost, volume processing, services). They cannot be forced to pick a bank due to it being state owned for two reason. No competition which will not help our banking system and AIB need to be returning to profitability based on sound business plans, not being given work due to their ownership.

Slightly off topic but I think still valid for the argument.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Geri Male

J-blk wrote: »
    So how the f**k are DDs from the 19th screwed up too? I have home insurance with UB and this was recently renewed, transferred to Aviva as their new underwriter. First payment went out on the 19th and then again on the 3rd... I just checked the DD details and they have managed to set it up as 2-weekly payment frequency, instead of monthly... I assume calling them about this is also pointless right now?

That's Aviva's problem. The originator controls the DD not the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

HSE employee here.....no sign of my salary from the 28th of June yet......anybody else in the same boat?

Still can't for the life of me understand how an Ulster to Ulster transfer still has not come thro !!:mad::mad:

Also has anybody paid their Ulster Credit Card online and has it gone through?....paid mine about ten days ago and it's gone down the drain:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,359 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Has anyone seen any manual transactions made in branch go into their account yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

booth70 wrote: »
    HSE employee here.....no sign of my salary from the 28th of June yet......anybody else in the same boat?

Still can't for the life of me understand how an Ulster to Ulster transfer still has not come thro !!:mad::mad:
    (

HImself is HSE - salary from last thursday 5th is in the bank but not the salary from the 21st of June. HSE fortnightly paid. It's getting far too messy at this stage - will be persuading him to use our BOI account until it's sorted. We're not too bad on out DD's as we only have 2 coming out of this account but will need to be keeping an eye on them obviously. ALready getting hit for a charge of non - payment of one and none of the money we withdrew manually has shown up yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

at this stage there is NO amount they could offer me to make me stay. they are a financial institution that have proven themselves to be UNABLE to properly manage money. its a joke.

And they're liars too. They won't admit that the original mistake happened in India, and that all subsequent balls ups are India as well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Eblana12 wrote: »

Ulster bank are charging HSE less than AIB would. Mad, isn't it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Vicxas wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any manual transactions made in branch go into their account yet?
    Yes. UB took back the cash advance they gave me in branch.

Realtine wrote: »
    HImself is HSE - salary from last thursday 5th is in the bank but not the salary from the 21st of June. HSE fortnightly paid.

So from what you are saying an Ulster to Ulster transfer from the 5th of July has come through but not the one from the 21st of June !!

WTF is going on......This is getting curiouser and curiouser by the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

booth70 wrote: »
    So from what you are saying an Ulster to Ulster transfer from the 5th of July has come through but not the one from the 21st of June !!

WTF is going on......This is getting curiouser and curiouser by the day!!

Apparently when they outsourced payments to AIB for their corporate customers in the early days of this mess up, the ulster to ulster payments were overlooked. I heard this from a staff member today, it has only recently been uncovered and they are working to sort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

I was due to be paid on the 22nd of June and theres still no sign of my monthly pay.

Checked my balance this morning and they have started to deduct money I've taken out over the counter since this whole fiasco began from my account. Nice to know they can manage this but can't update any credits. I've been fairly calm about the whole thing up to this point but I'm starting to get frustrated as although I've kept my receipts things just aren't adding up.

My place of work also banks with them, their point of contact advised our HR dept last Wednesday that 90% of our accounts should have been credited by that stage, in my department anyway those who checked along with myself were still in the minus figures. Work advised we go to the nearest branch with our pay slips and just remove the whole amount.

Starting to fret a bit that this months wages will be in limbo too, I don't want to have to walk around Dublin city centre with a months wages in notes on me but I'm so concerned about not knowing where I stand I'm going to have to do it.

Where would be the best place to move my account to? I hate the AIB(I have what I presume is a dormant account with them now), Bank of Ireland charge fees although they do have the VISA debit card, NIB have no branches, Credit unions have no after hours cash access via ATM.

If I do stick around it will be for their internet banking and no charges only.

Your issue is explained in my post above, if you and your employer are both ulster.

The last update on the HSE website about salaries is dated 5th July ....you would think that they would keep their employees updated daily while this farce rumbles on:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

can anyone tell me if all over the counter lodgements are being processed by each respective branch, or are they all in some centre somewhere being chipped away at?

my logic for asking is that if each branch is processing manual transactions on their own, then i might see the money i lodged sometime this month if im lucky. if theyve all been moved to some office where a team of monkeys are working at chipping away at the entire nations paper slips then ill be waiting until the end of eternity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

RoverZT wrote: »
    Question?

I'm getting worried now.

Is it a crossed chq? Do you know any friendly shopkeepers who can cash it for you. Cash it and lodge the cash. If you wait for it to clear you are crackers. It should take days. But nothing is going to plan, is it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

can anyone tell me if all over the counter lodgements are being processed by each respective branch, or are they all in some centre somewhere being chipped away at?

my logic for asking is that if each branch is processing manual transactions on their own, then i might see the money i lodged sometime this month if im lucky. if theyve all been moved to some office where a team of monkeys are working at chipping away at the entire nations paper slips then ill be waiting until the end of eternity...

I have multiple manual lodgements stuck in the branch. Today I lodged in a different one to see if it makes any difference. Hasn't arrived yet.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement