Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building work beside Lidl Ardkeen??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    My friend has a teenager out there and every sport he goes to is in Lisduggan, Cork Rd, out by Norwood and there no one bus to those places so she's permanently in the car.

That would be fairly normal for most families.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Im amazed that the planning authority in Waterford are allowing any more apartments or housing to be built in Waterford after all there is a huge over hang in waterford housing meadowbank has a huge amount of unfinished housing there, I would like to see a definative list of the amount of empty new builds or otherwise in waterford city, just to see like!

If the area is zoned residential then developers can build apartments at will. If the council want to restrict apartment building they have to restrict zoning. But anyway, the Dunmore rd. is an established area and a logical place to build apartments. It's green field residential oversupply that is the real problem, because they are destined to literally return to nature.

I am always shocked to see so many people who are either renting or maybe in the first time buyer bracket complaining about an oversupply of accomodation. Within reason, this is great for those people! It means lower rents and mortgages, and long may it continue. It was the opposite way for 15 years when people were treated like animals by landlords, estate agents, etc.

Waterford city and the other cities are not nearly as badly off in terms of ghost estates as certain counties, like Laois for example, where tidying up will be a cost borne by the state. It is an absolute disgrace that NAMA was established to create a perverse incentive to drive prices upwards when the economy is so weak. We should all have a cheap house for 50K by now, and the market would be back to normal at about 50% what it was. Whereas in fact, prices *have* dropped by 50+% anyway with no market activity at all to show for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I wonder will the price for renting increase now that there are more people renting, the housing market seems to be dead so the rental is live and well.?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Always said if I won a decent amount on the lotto I'd put some sort of facility out there that had sports teams, arcade, sports club, public pool etc. Ah well :o

So was it you who won the indecent amount lately in Tesco Ardkeen? :p:D

It would be nice if the winner donated some of it to community facilities like this all right, hint hint if you're on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

I wonder will the price for renting increase now that there are more people renting, the housing market seems to be dead so the rental is live and well.?

Under normal circumstances that is the case. However many young people are opting to either stay at home or emigrate, as opposed to moving into their own place when they come of age. Families too are leaving the city, both Irish and E.European. Many people in Waterford are unemployed and on RA, which is a fixed rate so more likely to decrease then increase etc etc

Additionally there are 373 properties (3 beds+) listed on daft.ie. The reality is that rents are going nowhere soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Hi all

Ive been speaking to someone in the know and i can tell you that the building work is being done by frisby, They are all shopping units and there are no apartments going in, Bellisimo is one of the units moving in.

Advertisement