Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The EVO 2012 Thread

Options
  • 06-07-2012 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

So, here we are, EVO 2012 will starting in literally a few minutes from when this post is made, are you hype?

Here is the stream(s)

http://evo2012.s3.amazonaws.com/live/index.html

so, who does everyone think will do well this year? I reckon Justin Wong has a good chance this year, he has being really solid lately, taking both AE and Marvel at CEO. Of course, there is bound to be surprises in store over the weekend and that is what makes EVO so hype.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Side streams:

http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun - VF5 FS
    http://www.twitch.tv/xiei - Persona/Blazblue/Guilty Gear/Melty Blood

e: http://www.twitch.tv/run_it_back_arcade - CVS2

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

man i should've subscribed.. you can do kappa ryus!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If any new people want to chat about Evo, feel free to do so here, or if you wish to do so in real time there'll be people over in the IFGC chatroom, which you can access via irc on quakenet (#irishfightinggames) or via the chatroom tab on www.randomselect.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

ST tournament of legends will be streamed here

This post has the relevant info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

i really want to see usedforglue and the 3 uk lads (foxy and the twins) do well in mk. would love to see glue win it, be awesome!

the 4v4 US vs UK on tonight should be hype as hell as well,
    starts at like 4am our time, im going to be in bits for DoC :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

i really want to see usedforglue and the 3 uk lads (foxy and the twins) do well in mk. would love to see glue win it, be awesome!
    G'wan Ketchup and Mustard. Those guys are legends.

Sairus wrote: »
    G'wan Ketchup and Mustard. Those guys are legends.

yea ive only talked to them a small amount but they really seem like top notch gents, same with any of the other UK mk players ive talked too really

i just really want to see them BODY the americans,
    should cut down on the "oh your from europe so it doesnt count,its americas game" attitude some people have over there

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Let's go all-Japanese top 8!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Were SFIV pools on today?

Any big names knocked out yet?

They're on right now. I don't know if big names have gone out or not though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 TheMightyTM

Tokido just got sent to losers there by Eric Hai. I'd say he is not at all happy, whiffed an EX uppercut

Does anyone else get the feeling skisonic can't stand Juicebox?

Tokido just got sent to losers there by Eric Hai. I'd say he is not at all happy, whiffed an EX uppercut
    Tokido needs to study more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Ye should all get on http://randomselect.ie/index.php/webchat/ and chat with the irish streammonsters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Damn it Mike Ross :mad:
    Justin just went out too :(
    Dieminion vs Infiltration was epic, I had no idea Gouken was such a good counter to guile :O

ok bed didnt happen... Daigo is something else... I mean, ****ing hell

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Fcuking scumbag neighbours waking me at 430 am. On the bright side...hey EVO streaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Danonino. wrote: »
    Damn it Mike Ross :mad:
    Justin just went out too :(
    Dieminion vs Infiltration was epic, I had no idea Gouken was such a good counter to guile :O

ok bed didnt happen... Daigo is something else... I mean, ****ing hell

Best way to lameout brian in the future. Pick gouken.....spam fireball....win. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Great to see Sakura in top 8!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

what happened to momochi? he lost to mov and then... ?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FirLocke

SoulCalibur V was soooooooo hype last night. Didn't get to watch it all because my eyes were dying when it got to about 3am. All the people I'd heard about - Belial, Keev and Kayane - have all been knocked out. Here's the top 8 in Calibur:

Xephukai
    Something Unique
    Shen Chan
    CRNA|Ruka

CafeID|Kura
    Shining Decopon
    Kamaage
    Woahhzz

Xephukai and Kamaage are my favourites. Amazing, amazing play.

I watched a fair bit of the Persona 4 Arena sidestream until it got laggy, but P4A is looking really, really fun. I think I'll main Akihiko. :P

Oh and here are the top 8 for SFIV:

Winners Bracket

WW.MCZ|Infiltration (Akuma, Gouken)
    MCZ|Daigo Umehara (Ryu)
    Human Bomb (Sakura)
    CVPR|PR Balrog (Balrog)

Losers Bracket

AVerMedia|Gamerbee (Adon)
    BT|Dieminion (Guile)
    eLivePro.Qanba|XiaoHai (Cammy)
    TH|Poongko (Seth)

Got all info from here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Rare footage of Daigo at the circus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

So... Predictions and wishes for top 8's tonight - would anybody like to share?

Street Fighter: I think Daigo is gonna do it. If not him, Infiltration. I would love to see Dieminion win it however. If he was a little cooler, I think he could have beat Infiltration in the Gouken/Guile match.

Marvel: I think the winner of Combo/FChamp is gonna go all the way, but I'd love to see Combofiend win it out. He is such a great and creative player, and he deserves a big win imo. He looked so comfortable against Wong in top 16.

Other games... I have no opinion.

Man that's a fairly mental spread of characters for SF4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Sairus wrote: »
    Man that's a fairly mental spread of characters for SF4.

Isn't it brilliant?

Last year we got Yun/Fei/Viper... And not much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

What time's is the Street Fighering on today, or have I already missed it? Damn time differences are melting my brain. Also, last night's Mk wasn't as impressive as I was expecting. It was just lacking something, but I can't put my finger on what. Hopefully tonight's will be better.

mk9 top 8, ALOT of upsets

1. Pig of the Hut (Kenshi) - Winners
    2. EGP xBlades (Liu Kang) - Winners
    3. CoCo FOREVER KING - Winners
    4. KN|EMP Perfect Legend (Kung Lao) - Winners
    5. vVv|NOS CD Jr (Jax) - Losers
    6. CoCo m2dave (Freddy) - Losers
    7. EGP Tyrant (Jax) - Losers
    8. IGL MIT (Scorpion) - Losers

It was crazy to see a Scorpion throwing down like that. And against Detroit of a all people too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

deathrider wrote: »
    What time's is the Street Fighering on today, or have I already missed it? Damn time differences are melting my brain. Also, last night's Mk wasn't as impressive as I was expecting. It was just lacking something, but I can't put my finger on what. Hopefully tonight's will be better.

You have to take into account the pressures and sheer lenght of a tournament day especially EVO where towards the end of the of the first day players could have been there for 16 hours or so and it's 50+ degrees outside.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting the players down, they are all outstanding, and I'm sure it's a grueling weekend for each of them. But it just didn't make for as entertaining a stream as the MLG did a wee while ago.

So SF, what time are we expecting it? My net's cray limited at the moment, and I want to make sure I'm something with internet access when it's on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

deathrider wrote: »
    It was just lacking something, but I can't put my finger on what.

A good game. Wahey

Advertisement