Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The EVO 2012 Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

deathrider wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting the players down, they are all outstanding, and I'm sure it's a grueling weekend for each of them. But it just didn't make for as entertaining a stream as the MLG did a wee while ago.

it was the commentating,
    didnt have hype mode tom brady on the mic like MLG had

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FirLocke

http://evo.shoryuken.com/2012/07/06/evo-2012-is-now-streaming-live/

Should start streaming the finals in a few minutes!

My predictions:

SCV: Kamaage (Mitsurugi)

Marvel: Combofiend with Jwong in second. (That would be great!)

SSF4donkeypunchAE2012: Daigo

Bear in mind I only play SCV xD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Go Frutsy in UMVC3!

Always love an underdog

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭koko_PoPs

hi lads just wondering for tonight if someone had a spare stick if they could bring it, i cant get mine from home in time.i heard theres loads of consoles in play on the night so would be cool to have a stick, appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I would imagine there will be loads of sticks floating around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

Hey Adrian

Great fight

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Poor Bala

That was hype :C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Lythero wrote: »
    Poor Bala

That was hype :C

I know somewhere between little and nothing in the way of KoF, but goddamn that was intense!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

Um...

poor Infrit?
    That was a sad ending imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Last 8 of SF4 should be best of 5. Seriously. Great players going out after 90 seconds. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

5alCx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Full results are now here.

KOF XIII finals were insanely hype, and actually had more viewers than SF4 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

They had more viewers because they ran massively into what was supposed to be MVC3's timeslot and AE started ridiculously late because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Didn't see this live, but the final of the ST Tournament of Legends was awesome. Some great moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Congrats to infi, he played absolutely amazing, you gotta hand it to Champ too, that guy is just an amazingly smart marvel player, he makes the right decisions so often.

I think he shoulda lost to both Chris G and Combofiend but at the most critical moments he did exactly what he was supposed to do and they didn't. Chris G's raw tag when champ did spear flame was a catastrophe.

ST was incredible too, that game is too good and you gotta give it up for KOF, that was an amazing top 8 and a wonderful showcase for what is obviously a really good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Chris G's raw tag when champ did spear flame was a catastrophe..

I know right? that was like online random stuff. "Oh, I better tag him out so he can regen" knowing full well he would get creamed on the way in and lose the match anyway. Tournament nerves tbh. Makes people do stupid things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I was rather surprised to see a Tira take Soul Calibur 5, considering the fact that the SC scene consider her low tier and she got severely hit by the nerf bat in a balance patch earlier this year. Props to Shining Decopon though for taking it.

Speaking as someone who doesn't have KOF13 ( but does watch Juicebox play it on hi stream, ) I found myself constantly turning around to look at the monitors set up for the stream during the KOF13 finals when hype moments occurred. Shame it caused everything else to be held up so badly ( it doesn't help that time was wasted by that Takken Tag 2 presentation - ah well, gotta pay the bills, I guess ) but I'm glad to see it get it's day in the park regardless.

Marvel top 8 was good, champ deserved it in the end of what was a very close set, regardless of what you think of the guy.

AE was kind of lackluster compared to last year. Though then again, there wasn't really any killer matches that people were dying to see go down like last year. The fact it started ridiculously late ( the type of late that had several of us worried that we'd have to leave the XGC before the finals as our time would be up ) didn't help either. That said, Infiltration deserved the win, some of those reaction raging demons were SICK.

All in all, a good EVO. Though if you ask me, I kind of think last year's EVO Marvel & AE top 8s were better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

AE top 8 would have been a lot better if a lot of the matches weren't so one sided. I don't even play Marvel and thought the finals were brilliant, Magus and Yipes would be entertaining if they were commentating on Tetris.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Salty Suite matches can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/bksamq/videos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Should give ST a go at casuals sometime if you enjoyed the top 8 stev0, I'm always up for playing it.

I think Chris G was trying to do the Kuboto escape when he did that raw tag, only way it makes any sense.

• Advertisement

I was amazed to see daigo so dominated in the top 8 AGAIN. I don't think he's gotten any worse in the last couple of years, I just think people have gotten wise to his ryu game, and found the chinks in his armour.

Infiltration completely shut down his fireball game and baited out all of his fave footsies and counters and punished them so well. I think Daigo has probably pushed his ryu as far as he can go.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Xanfel

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Should give ST a go at casuals sometime if you enjoyed the top 8 stev0, I'm always up for playing it.

I think Chris G was trying to do the Kuboto escape when he did that raw tag, only way it makes any sense.

I'd agree with what the commentators were saying.

He raw-tagged early, but if he'd delayed it slightly, he'd just have ate the Sphere-Flame in the air with no follow up.

Still not a great decision, but Chris G is really protective or Morrigan so it kinda makes sense for him.

- - - - - - - -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf8GG3gwam8&feature=related

Most hype thing at Evo? I think soooooooo

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Evo got a positive write up on Gamespot, with all the bad press since SFxT it's nice to see something complimenting the FGC.
    In a word, the FGC is one of the most pure gaming communities I’ve seen. It's members are united under the fight, and inclusive of all who compete. In the immortal words of Daigo Umehara: "My sole priority is to hype up the fighting game community. Everything else is just icing on the cake."

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/the-evo-2012-experience-6386945/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Advertisement