Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Couldn't get Work Experiance so Fas Don't Pay

• 06-07-2012 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

I have a question about Fas payments I was hopeing someone could shed some light on it for me.

I've been in a Fas course since january and last month we were to get 4 weeks work experiance. I wasnt able to secure a placement in time so i didn't recieve any pay for the month. I was told by my instructor that I wouldn't recieve pay and that I couldn't claim social welfare for the month as I was enrolled in a Fas course. As a few friends have pointed if i wasn't on the course i would still be recieveing my jobseekers allowance and it seems unfair that I get no payment because I am on Fas course and the situation has obviously left me fairly stuck for money.
    Does anyone have any advice on this situation or suggestions on who i should talk to about it.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Was the work experience in the final weeks of the course? When this happened to me, I got my FAS instructor to contact BMI confirming my course had ended and I just wasn't able to secure the work placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 virul

No Godot I'm still in the course, after that work exp. ended on 15th june we still had another 6 weeks of classes then another 4 weeks of work exp.

Advertisement