Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New SSDs not being recognised in BIOS after failed RAID 0 attempt, Halp!

Options
  • 06-07-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭

I recently bought two OCZ vertex 4 128gb ssd drives and was planning to set them up in a RAID 0 on an Asus P8Z68-V LX. This was the first time I was going to set a RAID 0 up. I followed a guide I found online. I set them sata mode to raid in bios then I did ctrl + i on restart and was brought to the screen where i could select what drives to make raid, what striping to use etc.

Then I attempted to install windows on this new raid volume which the windows setup detected fine. And it seemed to be going ok untill it got to the bit where it has to restart the computer to proceed and then it just failed to load windows and the ssds that i made into a raid are no longer being detected by bios so I can't even turn them back to non RAID drives. I tried putting them in different sata ports but that hasnt worked. Tried to updating the bios to the latest too didnt help either.

I don't think i'll bother using a raid0 now i'll just use them as single drives but how can I get the bios to 'see' them? Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Have you tried the old reliable, plug it out then back in again?
    i.e. Clear the CMOS

I've never messed with RAID so don't really have any knowledge or experience but that usually will fix any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Did you try setting the BIOS to ACHI?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Did you try setting the BIOS to ACHI?
    Yeah tried swapping it back and forth from that didnt work. I'll try resetting the CMOS.

Advertisement