Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever been mistaken for someone else?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

I was mistaken for your da a few times.

#safeyourmajoke

Christina Aguillara, Avril Lavigne, and Scarlet Johanson a few times - I look nothing like any of them though!!

They look nothing like each other :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

They look nothing like each other :-)

I know!
    And I look nothing like any of them!
    People are strange.
    I'm happy enough with people thinking I look even a smidgen like any of them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I've been told i look like young alex turner

I have no doubles apparently. However friend of mine, Tom, would forever be mistaken for another friend of mine Michael, they were uncannily alike.

They were twins though, right enough.

No celebs, but I'm constantly mistaken for my sister. Constantly. It's at the stage that when people shout her name at me I respond to it.

A woman stopped her car in the middle of the street the other day, rolled down her window and screamed across to me "Do you want a lift <insert sister's name here>?". I said "huh?", and she started screaming at me about a lift again while cars queued up behind her. I just shouted "no I'm grand thanks!". Never seen her before in my life, but was mighty tempted to take the lift anyway and see how long I could get away with it.

You sister now has the rep of being stand-offish. Cool :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I get mistaken for Brad Pitt all the time. I don't even bother arguing anymore as people never believe me.

Knew thatd be the first post:P

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Carverkid

Harry Styles. Despite a big scar across my nose. Not as fun as you'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Well see my username?

Thats right. You guessed it. I get mistaken for Brian from westlife all the time.

• Advertisement

Well see my username?

Thats right. You guessed it. I get mistaken for Brian from westlife all the time.

I pity you, fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

After posting pics in the Know Your Nerds thread a boardsie pm'ed me asking if I was his mate Suzie, said I was the spit of her. To be fair, he sent me her pic and we do look alike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

After posting pics in the Know Your Nerds thread a boardsie pm'ed me asking if I was his mate Suzie, said I was the spit of her. To be fair, he sent me her pic and we do look alike.

Aka,
    he was trying to flirt with you. through boards of all place :pac:

On the subject. You see it in the "post your pic" threads alot. All the hot girls get loads of thanks from guys. You just know they are pm'ing them :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I was mis taken once, but they eventually returned me after a massive hunt involving the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Chips Ahoy

One day when i was in school i was walking innocently down the corridor minding my own business, when BANG! three books smashed right across the face.

Turned around, see a girl who i don't know, she looks in horror as she's just destroyed randomer's face. She had mistaken me for someone else in the school (must have been my my hair cut)

Moral of the story is never get a hair cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

It's happened to me loads of times that people say that I look like Joe Duffy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Never mistaken for anybody, but I did annoy a guy that looked vaguely like Kenny Egan and got a picture with him. Poor guy just wanted to drink his pint in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

seth rogen, somewhat randomly, once

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Never anyone famous but I was once mistaken for a prostitute by the security in a hotel when I tried to get back in after a night out in Sir Henrys in Cork. To be fair to security I was fairly dishevelled looking after hours of repetitive dance moves no offence meant to any ladies of the night out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Russell Howard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

chughes wrote: »
    It's happened to me loads of times that people say that I look like Joe Duffy.

I think you're missing the point of the thread JOE!

• Advertisement
Advertisement