Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bomb Scare in Rathmullen Park (Drogheda)

Options
  • 06-07-2012 4:48pm

Surprised no one has mentioned this on here.

Gardaí and Army Explosives Ordinance Disposal unit were in Rathmullen Park doing a 'controlled explosion' on an IED that had been placed on a shop-front. Went off, doing minimal damage.

Fair few houses evacuated and a large area sealed off for an hour or two on Wednesday night, from around 11pm-1am. Lots of Garda presence on the estate.

This just next to the school where a woman was recently apparently stabbed with an umbrella.

Comments

Just thought I'd give this the old bumpity bump, with a link to photos, incase anyone's interested;

http://shanemaguire.ie/?page_id=1202

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was told about this when I was down visiting at the weekend, some people have far too much time on their hands (the hoaxer), crazy to see the amount of (wasted) activity by the emergency services over what turned out to be nothing thankfully.

Really hope they catch the idiots.

On the bright side it was nice to see kits again as I haven't been down that way in a fools age and in the days of a 10p mixture or a few slices of ham for the lunch. I assume you were one of those roused from bed KKV and grabbed the precious camera before anything else for fear of explosions :D

I do live near the shop, but not close enough to be evacuated.

I was just told of there being trouble at the shop and so grabbed the backpack and made my way over to see what the fuss was. I was initially under the impression there was a break-in or a fight had broken out or such.

Ludicrous waste of resources, but at the same time, there is talk of the Drogheda Garda Station being downgraded, so I'd almost be in favour of this type of carry on just so the station looks busy and doesn't face any direct cuts. I think, truth be told, the Garda Station is one of the better ones in the country (with regards both staff and equipment) so it'd be an absolute shame to see it facing direct cuts. :/

That's kind of ranting off-topic, I know, but... yeah... haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭V123

is this the shop? up for sale now http://www.propertypartners.ie/Details/6175/shop-and-house-rathmullen-park-drogheda-co-louth

just wondering what is rathmullen park like to live?

Ive been looking at houses there but I cant get a feel for it from the internet - all the houses up for sale addressed rathmullen park seem to be different design but look they are part of an estate?

Is it just huge?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement