Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonals Drive Thru Plans Hebron Road

Options
  • 06-07-2012 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

Saw somewhere recntly McDonalds have applied for a drive thru restaurant on the Hebron Road off the Motorway link N10.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I thought it was on the town side across from Toyota?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Sky King wrote: »
    I thought it was on the town side across from Toyota?

At the front of the Halting site? Lovely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Yea thats pretty much what I said too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I find it appropriate that it's next to a cemetery.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

So where abouts is it meant to be going? Im a blow in i dont really know where these places are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

S28382 wrote: »
    So where abouts is it meant to be going? Im a blow in i dont really know where these places are.

Here

Oh right cool thanks isnt that where the industrial estate is?

S28382 wrote: »
    Oh right cool thanks isnt that where the industrial estate is?

Yea across the road. They are clearly targeting the motorway traffic. They would do very well here.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

And where will the whipped horses go if this field is used ?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

mfitzy wrote: »
    Yea across the road. They are clearly targeting the motorway traffic. They would do very well here.

will be good place for a drive thru also seen this on other side of the city, permission has been granted for the blackquarry filling station to be redevloped, to include a drive thru and offlicence ect ect.......

TYPE
    DATE
    RECEIVED DEVELOPMENT DESCRIPTION AND LOCATION
    TIME : 16:29:46 PAGE : 2
    M.O.
    DATE
    M.O.
    NUMBER
    Petrogas Group Ltd P 19/12/2011 for development. The development will consist of: 1.
    Decommissioning of existing fuel tanks, offset fills and
    associated pipework and 2 no. remote fuel dispensers. 2.
    Installation of 3 No. 40,000L underground fuel tanks; 3.
    Construction of glazed cantilevered cover to existing 3
    No. jet wash pads. 4. Construction of new timber fenced
    storage compound (all the above as per previously
    granted permission ref: 07/1787). 5. Construction of
    ancillary site features such as overground fill points to
    fuel tanks, parking bays, line marking and directional
    signage; 6. Replacement of existing Main I.D. sign with
    new Main I.D. sign; 7. Replacement of existing forecourt
    canopy signage with new signage; 8. Replacement of
    existing shop fascia signage with new shop fascia
    signage; 9. Building extension of 13.2m2 to include lobby
    and office at the ground floor level at the rear of the building; 10. Alterations to existing building floor plans
    to include relocation of stairwell, retail area, console
    area, provision of a passenger lift and disabled W.C., sit
    down restaurant with hot food take-away including
    preparation area and serve through window for drive thru
    customers
    11. Change of use from retail to retail with
    ancillary off-licence use:
    Blackquarry Service Station
    Bennettsbridge Road
    Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Blackquarry have been applegreen for a while now.. bout time that they will Put signage up..

Re drive through...burgerking I presume :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Imagine a drive through Roccos:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Interesting location for the McDonalds drive thru

mc donalds have just got the go ahead for a 24hr drive thru on the hebron rd

That's good, like McDonalds or not at least it's some development in town.
    Wonder will it be appealed.

Hope fully not, unless the DKS Partnership, There the company that are trying to build filling station, shops and drive thru. Just across the road on the M9 link road, maybe they will appeal it, there waiting on the descision from an bord pleanala on the 22nd of this month, hopefully that will get the green light too....

linny wrote: »
    Hope fully not, unless the DKS Partnership, There the company that are trying to build filling station, shops and drive thru. Just across the road on the M9 link road, maybe they will appeal it, there waiting on the descision from an bord pleanala on the 22nd of this month, hopefully that will get the green light too....

I think that one was in bother as it was being planned on SAC land or something. Like the idea of the service station, not sure about having two drive thru's looking across the road at eachother but then again it (should be) free enterprise.

I think that one was in bother as it was being planned on SAC land or something. Like the idea of the service station, not sure about having two drive thru's looking across the road at eachother but then again it (should be) free enterprise.

ya its on SAC land ok, but part of the site that mac donalds is to build is on SAC land also from reading the site report. but i cant understand why the DKS Partner ship get refused and mac donalds get the green linght, would it have anything to do with the co co, owning the land ????? and wanting to sell it to mac donalds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

ya its on SAC land ok, but part of the site that mac donalds is to build is on SAC land also from reading the site report. but i cant understand why the DKS Partner ship get refused and mac donalds get the green linght, would it have anything to do with the co co, owning the land ????? and wanting to sell it to mac donalds

It could have something to do with access from the motorway link road.
    I would guess that there may have been a stipulation in the planning for the link road that there should be no developments on it.
    I personaly wouldn't like to see any developments that could potentialy impede the flow of traffic around there.
    The other side of the ring road is fair game.

What I dont understand is why nobody has applied for planning for a proper service station on the lands around the Paulstown junction?

hi5 wrote: »
    It could have something to do with access from the motorway link road.
    I would guess that there may have been a stipulation in the planning for the link road that there should be no developments on it.
    I personaly wouldn't like to see any developments that could potentialy impede the flow of traffic around there.
    The other side of the ring road is fair game.

What I dont understand is why nobody has applied for planning for a proper service station on the lands around the Paulstown junction?

I'd say because it would be quite risky to go building a large development like that out in a country area without a large population to sustain it, other than just the passing trade of the motorway. If I was an investor I know where I'd want to be putting my hard earned/borrowed...

I understand the devlopment in question would be accessed via the existing large roundabout (Clara one) so I think the impact on traffic flows would be minimal enough. Especially as so much off the traffic would be using that road regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

They'll clean up there, lots of local bizz there, housing estates all along there, and good passing trade on the ring roads, and then the motorway bizz.......very smart move, some operators are Maccy D's :pac::pac:

http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/local/council-sells-site-to-mcdonald-s-for-850-000-1-4375609

850K to be spent on a traveller horse project? Can feel the blood pressure rise already!

EDIT; Misread that, part of the money only, phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

http://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/local/council-sells-site-to-mcdonald-s-for-850-000-1-4375609

850K to be spent on a traveller horse project? Can feel the blood pressure rise already!

EDIT; Misread that, part of the money only, phew!

Why is there Money being spent on traveller horse projects? They obviously aren't short of horse judging by the amount of them up there! I'd like to know how much is being spent and what exactly it is being spent on

Any money spent on the travellers is wasted money, Waterford city council built houses in the halting site for them years ago and the travellers didnt move into them they moved the horses into them and now the houses are just a lovely warm place for their horses to dwell in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Big announcement last week about 12 new McDonalds opening around the country and they included Kilkenny as one of the locations so obviously is the Hebron Road site.

Does that mean the current McDs will also remain open? Personally, I thought the site of the current one was always a little odd. Off the beaten track for all the pedestrian/shopping/reveller crowd but not that convenient for motorists either. I know when they opened drive thrus in Athlone and Sligo on the edge of their towns near retail parks, they closed their town centre outlets. I've read somewhere before that McDs drivethrus are always more profitable then the on-street locations in Ireland. What happened in Athlone or Sligo suggests towns around the same size as KK generally cannot support more than one McD. Will be interesting to see if both McDs remain open in KK.

Say it will stay open. Odd location but always very busy. Think it's a franchise as well so would be unlinked to the Hebron road one. Plus they are opposite ends of town. Would do better if they were closer to the Castle area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

The one in Athlone was opposite A Burger King. I think KK is suitably big enough to sustain two McDonalds.

holyhead wrote: »
    The one in Athlone was opposite A Burger King. I think KK is suitably big enough to sustain two McDonalds.

Yep Kilkenny is a bit bigger than those towns and would be far busier in terms of tourists.

Service station on Bennettsbridge road has/had plans in for a drive thru recently too. Wonder who will take that on?

mc donalds on the hebron has been given the go, by an bord pleanala
    http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/241263.htm

• Advertisement

mc donalds on the hebron has been given the go, by an bord pleanala
    http://www.pleanala.ie/casenum/241263.htm

Oh dear, this is what I will be looking like in a couple of years:
    fat_lampre

Advertisement