Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDonals Drive Thru Plans Hebron Road

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

Were two I pads or something like that nicked already ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Dunno, I didn't even see one! Maybe they are all gone now.
    Apparently they are tormented by their neighbours. Guy was saying they refused to pay "disturbance money" to their neighbours & they are in their every 5 mins but they are in buying €1 burgers so cannot be refused entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PurpleP

The day I was in, "the neighbours" we're using the iPads.. Staff member said to them "right that's it, out.. You can come back in 20 minutes".. Couldn't believe my ears..!!

No Sympathy whats so ever. What other Mac Donalds in the world opens beside an estate which ties horses up to a fence most of the time. Some image for the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭shane 007

Some image for the company.

No better than putting the arrival point to Kilkenny from the motorway there.
    "Welcome to Kilkenny...." I guess I don't have to fill in the rest of it how we can welcome visitors to our tourist hotspot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Was there on Thursday, used the drive tru. Aside from the carpark being choc-a-bloc. Like some of the other posters what has put me off are the "friendly" neighbours. Little runts were running through the cars and jumping out in front of them . They seemed to think it was great craic running along slapping the cars. Wait till one of them (allegedly) gets knocked down

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Owryan wrote: »
    Was there on Thursday, used the drive tru. Aside from the carpark being choc-a-bloc. Like some of the other posters what has put me off are the "friendly" neighbours. Little runts were running through the cars and jumping out in front of them . They seemed to think it was great craic running along slapping the cars. Wait till one of them (allegedly) gets knocked down

That's bad. Sounds like a mere step away from vandalism. If this is happening, they really need to up their security big time and make the site less open. It's just an unfortunate aspect of where they are located. Patrick st. is D4 compared to there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

road_high wrote: »
    That's bad. Sounds like a mere step away from vandalism. If this is happening, they really need to up their security big time and make the site less open. It's just an unfortunate aspect of where they are located. Patrick st. is D4 compared to there.

Surely the Gardai should step in here, why should these individuals be allowed hold a private company, and the general paying public, to ransom?? Like them or loathe them, mcds are providing employment, what have their "neighbours" ever contributed to society?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

It's a 24hr job is it ? Who would want to open a business beside Neighbours... Land must of been cheap. It will put people off going up there if the current activity continues. Security or not it wont stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

The neighbours have little or no powers or influence compared to McDonalds and they'll find that out soon enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentrification

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

hi5 wrote: »
    The neighbours have little or no powers or influence compared to McDonalds and they'll find that out soon enough.

Yeah right!:)
    I can see lots of yuppies queuing up to pay over the odds for the little houses next door to be near McDonalds

hi5 wrote: »

Anything they will find out soon will cost the tax payer money. Build them all new houses with stables and fields further up the road ? Is that whats happening.
    The neighbours will continue to hassle macs. I know from experience of seen them affect places up there and the guards wont do noting or security wont do nothing. If you get on your horse and cart and go up the road you would be arrested, yet the neighbours do it no tax no insurance and nothing happens.
    The only way to move the neighbours is to get neighbours from up the country to move em:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

road_high wrote: »
    Read on the people tesco express were interested in the old mcdonalds but decided it isn't suitable for them. Wonder what will go in there? Very few vacant units of that size around kilkenny.

Why does the paper always write stuff like this? Who cares who was interested but didn't go in there? Pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Formosa

Why does the paper always write stuff like this? Who cares who was interested but didn't go in there? Pointless.

That's cutting-edge Pulitzer Prize stuff by the People's usual standards.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Since I'll likely never step foot in the place I tried to find pictures of it,

http://www.kilkennytourism.ie/new_state_of_the_art_restaurant_at_mcdonalds_kilkenny

Curious how long those tablets will last....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I'd go for the Tardis roundels and nothing more, tbh

Was just up there today. Drive thru took 20 mins between queuing and getting food. Even for a bank Hol afternoon I consider that horrendously slow for a McDonald's. Place was jammers. Too small for the crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I love MacDonalds but this new place is complete rubbish. The 'spirit of family', my arse.

The food is cold and rubbery and since when did they more than halve the portions of fries. The iPads are a breeding ground of germs - when I saw them they had a film of grease smears and fingerprints. I wouldn't touch them with yours as the saying goes.

Thumbs down all round.

I love MacDonalds but this new place is complete rubbish. The 'spirit of family', my arse.

The food is cold and rubbery and since when did they more than halve the portions of fries. The iPads are a breeding ground of germs - when I saw them they had a film of grease smears and fingerprints. I wouldn't touch them with yours as the saying goes.

Thumbs down all round.

I think they still have the same staff as last place. Was always the slowest McDonald's in the country in my experience. Often had to wait for a bloody Big Mac in the place, even when they were mad busy and 50% of customers were probably buying this anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Plenty of McDonalds rubbish/waste along that stretch of the ringroad now. Surprise, surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

The OH brought the young lad in the other day. Ordered a plain burger, fries and an ice cream.
    The ice cream came out first :confused:, then the fries and then the freshly made burger (because it was plain).
    So the burger was nice and hot, the chips warm and soggy and the ice cream was now melted mush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

emeldc wrote: »
    The OH brought the young lad in the other day. Ordered a plain burger, fries and an ice cream.
    The ice cream came out first :confused:, then the fries and then the freshly made burger (because it was plain).
    So the burger was nice and hot, the chips warm and soggy and the ice cream was now melted mush.

Did she raise this with the staff and ask for a fresh ice cream ? or just here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Did she raise this with the staff and ask for a fresh ice cream ? or just here ?

She didn't raise it here, I did. But not by way of complaint, simply to relate the experience.
    She didn't raise it with staff as the place was jammers and it would have been too much effort to bring the meal back in (it was a take away).
    In any case, if you have to tell someone to hold the ice cream until the food is ready, you're already on a looser. But to be fair to the human staff, the meal was ordered via machine so it's difficult to give specific instructions.

Any updates on the old premises?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Cabaal wrote: »
    Since I'll likely never step foot in the place I tried to find pictures of it,

http://www.kilkennytourism.ie/new_state_of_the_art_restaurant_at_mcdonalds_kilkenny

Curious how long those tablets will last....

Haven't been to the new place, but was told three tablets have already been nicked.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kkid

Jeez ye are some shower on moaners. It was busy on Paddy's day? No way? its so much busier than the old premises and now ye were proven wrong on tha ye've to complain about other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

padraig.od wrote: »
    Plenty of McDonalds rubbish/waste along that stretch of the ringroad now. Surprise, surprise
    Never been a shortage of litter louts in Kilkenny

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

http://www.thejournal.ie/mcdonalds-kilkenny-1373933-Mar2014/

The Journal running an news story advert about this

• Advertisement

Kkid wrote: »
    Jeez ye are some shower on moaners. It was busy on Paddy's day? No way? its so much busier than the old premises and now ye were proven wrong on tha ye've to complain about other stuff.

I tried it and it's rubbish slow. Surely occurred to management they might actually be busy on st Patricks day and have extra resources in place. But no.I was watching the pace at which they were serving orders. Painfully slow.
    How was anyone proven wrong exactly? People were making the point that the Hebron road is a great location, it's beside the motorway and ring road, but there was no need to close their Patrick at branch.

Advertisement