Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is your spouse from another country?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

My bf of 7 years is from London. If we were to get married, it would be here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

emzolita wrote: »
    Hint Hint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Mine is from another dimension... A place called imagination land...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

Sappa wrote: »
    emzolita wrote: »
    Hint Hint
    Haha ah I will marry him, I'm only 25, not gettin married yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

I always get the impression Irish girls aspire to something English! Certainly more than the boys.. William could never be an icon. aside from other indicative stuff, my two aunts shacked up with theirs over there. But despite the passports, spouses; weren't content til they'd completed their 'elocution'

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mikeystipey

LordSmeg wrote: »
    She's being shipped over from Russia as we speak. Registered post all the way. Nothing but the best for my old lady.

Hope you made sure to send her a few grand for her flight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mikeystipey

Made in China my one...gaurantee has expired :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

johnjoe7 wrote: »
    Since when do Irish women ever have "meaningful deep conversation"? Can you have a "meaningful deep conversation" about make-up and x-factor and other mindless junk which the forbidden group have plagued their heads with?

I'd imagine anyone who is with someone like that wouldn't have meaningful conversation on the top of their list anyway.

But what I meant was how can you really get to know someone with a language barrier. I know a couple people who are "in love" with eastern european girls. The conversion is something akin to one you'd have with a child. So basic that there cant be any real communication, let alone understanding of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

Language wasn't a problem for me. I speak Lithuanian and the mrs can speak English.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Onixx wrote: »
    :)

Ugh, you are such a bitch! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭eyesquirm

Mine's an itinerant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

My girlfriend is German. I must really love her because I left my beloved county of Cork and moved to Dublin to live with her. You know how those Corkonians don't like to leave Cork, especially for that ''cold old hole of Dublin'' as my grandmother used to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Im getting married to a wonderful chinese woman at the end of the August.

All my friends who married seem to have picked foreign girls or been chosen by them.
    The first to do it met an American Girl studying to be a doctor here, now living in Texas, they married in Vegas cause it was easy.
    The second to get married met a polish girl here and I was best man at that wedding in Poland, 2 hilarious drunken days.
    The third wedding is next month in Finland and the groom is getting married to a Finnish girl he met in Edinburgh while studying.

I have a fourth Friend who lives in Germany and is long term cohabiting with a German(of polish parents) but no wedding yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Other half is Irish, I'm English. We met in London, have two kids and no intention of getting married after 15 years together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

herself is from argentina, marrying here & moving there. Will miss the glorious Irish summers terribly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

GF is Greek (although have Russian).

Conversation is not a problem. She speaks fluent English and so do I :D

met here as she's been living here for last number of years.

Conversation can be funny at times because she learned American English, but also because she just doesn't get an awful lot of (Irish) slang. That's changing...

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

My wife is Thai .Conversation is over rated ,but she speaks some English .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

My wife is from Russia only married to stay here with her children.
    Be wary of marriage to any non EU it is for suckers.
    I have a separation agreement and hope to divorce next year.
    The only reason she is divorcing is to get a single mothers allowance.
    I have found a Ladyboy less complicated.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah, the wife is from Argentina. Happy days. Though the father doesn't speak English and my Spanish is quite poor, that's the only drawback.

That and its expensive to travel to South America.

Advertisement