Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Project x cavan???

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Has he been killed/arrested/sodomized yet?

In that order....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

From looking at the Facebook i think it's a party for the mentally challenged.

I laughed, I shouldn't, but I did! Didn't even bother reading the Facebook link, I can just imagine it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Project x cavan =

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Am selling t-shirts to commemorate the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

Haha people who know this guy must think he's a legend now! Causing all of this! I read the Facebook event when it was still there. But even if a decent amount of people did show up, I'm sure the guards would make them all leave pretty fast.. booring. If it really is happening though I wanna be there :pac:

http://www.facebook.com/ProjectXinCavan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Haha people who know this guy must think he's a legend now! Causing all of this! I read the Facebook event when it was still there. But even if a decent amount of people did show up, I'm sure the guards would make them all leave pretty fast.. booring. If it really is happening though I wanna be there :pac:

there's a couple hundred people there apparently... didn't think it'd take off at all so never even crossed my mind to actually go down to see what the craic was like...

Facebook Page a few pics there - most of them are crappy camera phone shots but there's definetly a decent size crowd around

The place is on a side road just off the main road - I'd have though the guards would have landed early on and literally ran everyone who came near the place away... they seem to have just let everyone park at the GAA pitch and I'm assuming there's a lot of cars out on the main road too - there's a wide hard shoulder there so would be lots of space... really surprised the guards did let it kick off at all though... suppose though saying that if a couple hundred people show up and all want to stay there's not going to be a whole lot the guards can do without it getting pretty messy and ugly...

saying that I don't begrudge the guards their wages having to deal with this but... as bad as dealing with crowds coming out of a nightclub is this must be a nightmare for them to try to plan out what to do

I wasn't actually at it so can't say too much and just going by what I seen in the few photos up on Facebook at the minute... will have to wait until the morning to see what actually happened..

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

WELL, that was an experience !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

CavanCrew wrote: »
    WELL, that was an experience !

Pics or it didn't happen :D

I bet this will be on the news tomorrow. And ****ing Joe Duffy as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

I live in Dublin, and a few lads from my area drove down. Crazy people!

EDIT: *Drove up, silly me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Sindri wrote: »
    I bet this will be on the news tomorrow. And ****ing Joe Duffy as well.

According to Twitter, 65 arrested and 16 hospitalised :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Anyone read the Wikipedia page for Project X? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_X_(2012_film)

Read the bottom of the legacy section ;) It's times like this I'm proud to be Irish :L

EDIT: It's just been removed sorry :L

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Pics or it didn't happen :D

Was alot of underage at it,. to quote the garda I was talking to " his parents came home early,.. sh*t has HIT the fan "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

#ProjectXCavan was the 8th highest trend on Twitter worldwide for while, that's pretty big. Probably full of culchies and scummers, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

K-9 wrote: »
    I laughed, I shouldn't, but I did! Didn't even bother reading the Facebook link, I can just imagine it.
    well actualy that isnt very factual,several of the residents here go to a major disco shindig thing for learning disabled people every month and its supposed to be very profesional and well put on, they charge a lot of money for tickets and get sold out.
    our local mencap one is on a similar but non profesional and free and PHAB club discos are the same, rather typical for an easy target like intelectual/learning disability be used as a negative descriptor when most folks have probably never been to a organised ld party.

this cavan party was just one of those flash mob things.
    people who went expecting huge speaker rigs and music from a totaly pre organised party with the address made known to police are a bunch of tools,no one organises those things so specificaly and risk losing the sound equipment of friends or companies theyre renting off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Did people actually go to this fella's house or was it just standing around in a field drinking cans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Scruffles wrote: »
    K-9 wrote: »
    well actualy that isnt very factual,several of the residents here go to a major disco shindig thing for learning disabled people every month and its supposed to be very profesional and well put on, they charge a lot of money for tickets and get sold out.
    our local mencap one is on a similar but non profesional and free and PHAB club discos are the same, rather typical for an easy target like intelectual/learning disability be used as a negative descriptor when most folks have probably never been to a organised ld party.

this cavan party was just one of those flash mob things.
    people who went expecting huge speaker rigs and music from a totaly pre organised party with the address made known to police are a bunch of tools,no one organises those things so specificaly and risk losing the sound equipment of friends or companies theyre renting off.

Are you saying you sent off several of your residents to ProjectXCavan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Anyone know if this thing actually happened or is a massive hoax?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

It happened, there's a new Facebook group with over 5000 likes already.

I haven't seen this movie yet, so is Cavan a character's name?

Project X Plot
    High school students Costa and J.B. plan to throw a party for their friend Thomas's birthday, aiming to increase their popularity among their schoolmates in Cavan. Thomas's parents go away for the weekend, leaving him alone in the house, but warn him not to have too many people over, and not to drive his father's Mercedes. Thomas is reluctant to have the party at his house out of fear of his parents finding out, but Costa continues with his plan. Costa hires AV-student Dax to chronicle the night's events. Throughout the day, Costa and J.B. advertise the party through the school. Thomas himself invites Alexis, the hottest girl at school, and her best friend Kirby, who has a crush on Thomas.
    Costa, Thomas, and J.B. go to buy marijuana from drug-dealer T-Rick. While T-Rick gets the marijuana, Costa steals his lawn gnome to use as a party mascot. As they leave, T-Rick discovers his gnome stolen and chases after them but they escape in Thomas' mini-van from Cavan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Was alot of underage at it,. to quote the garda I was talking to " his parents came home early,.. sh*t has HIT the fan "

Totes should have went down .. bahh !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Send this on Facebook as well looked like the Mecca for boy racers and scumbags. But the thing is would have loved to be there to see what is was all about and who wouldn't ?

Did they have a DJ at all playing in the pitch ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

Not a chilled glass of pinot grigio nor an amuse bouche to be seen anywhere... :( did we learn nothing during the Celtic Tiger

No it did actually happen, well you couldnt get up to the house, guards around it, but then they put a barrier up. Everybody parked up at the football pitch near the end of the road, there was around 400-500. I got bored and left, guards checkin for tax and insurance hahaaa Lots of 17 year olds.

also to the people saying this boy was stupid, he didnt organise it, the friend put it on facebook and it got out of hand, 3k said they were attending, he said it was cancelled but that didnt stop people. so when it was on the radio the guards rang his parents who were abroad and they had to come home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Its a shame a giant meteor didnt come down and kill the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Anyone have a link to his facebook page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

closeline wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to his facebook page?

http://www.facebook.com/gavin.clarke.940?ref=ts

know him well. Have to say, didn't think he was the kinda guy to do it.

Eoin247 wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/gavin.clarke.940?ref=ts

know him well. Have to say, didn't think he was the kinda guy to do it.

you friends with him on Facebook? what has he said about it? :cool:

you friends with him on Facebook? what has he said about it? :cool:

Yep. He hasn't done anything on fb for the last few days except remove his profile pic. Wall posts are pilling up though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Would've loved to seen the parent's reaction.

• Advertisement

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Yep. He hasn't done anything on fb for the last few days except remove his profile pic. Wall posts are pilling up though :pac:

haha i'd add him to see but i don't wanna be a creep. if he hasn't said anything about it on Facebook i'm gonna guess he regrets it! :pac:

haha i'd add him to see but i don't wanna be a creep. if he hasn't said anything about it on Facebook i'm gonna guess he regrets it! :pac:

He didn't mean for it to get so big. On the day he announced that it was cancelled. Didn't stop people from goin anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

I see there could be a repeat in Monaghan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Rochey18 wrote: »
    I see there could be a repeat in Monaghan

Tell us more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

We're missin' all the craic hi, this and SHM...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Just seen it on FB

Project X Invite

Wikipedia wrote:
    On the 6th of July, "Project X Cavan" went viral on Facebook and Twitter in Ireland, In reality it should have been called "Mass Knacker Drinking In Cavan", Seeing as over 400 wasters turned up in torrential rain to drink in a field.

There was a ProjectXCranmore party there a weeks ago , I have a video of it somewhere, Il root it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

There was a ProjectXCranmore party there a weeks ago , I have a video of it somewhere, Il root it out.

sligoLAD

• Advertisement

sligoLAD

Whats your point?

Whats your point?

Shup about Cranmore, Jeeeeeeez.

Shup about Cranmore, Jeeeeeeez.

Oh well la-di-daw

Edit, Oh and that post you quoted, it said, "Whats your point?" I didnt mention cranmore in the post.

Oh well la-di-daw

Edit, Oh and that post you quoted, it said, "Whats your point?" I didnt mention cranmore in the post.

Yes i know but the other had a youtube link in it and i was too lazy to edit. :pac:

Yes i know but the other had a youtube link in it and i was too lazy to edit. :pac:

Righty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

There's a Project X (Insert name of every county/town in Ireland) at this stage going by my Facebook feed at this stage :rolleyes:

Advertisement