Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crystal / shorts sold

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Seems allot to me given the climate. Unless someone has big plans first it. In my opinion I don't think anything will ever work out there without a massive investment. I think on some level those of a certain age will just see it as preachers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

And those people don't go out anymore.

And those people don't go out anymore.

You have a very good point. A large part of me now on a saturday night would to just stay in the Tap till they kick you out at 1ish grab a Burger and go home. Maybe I'll feel differently when muldoons reopens but till something different cones in I'd take or leave late bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'm surprised that a large part of you now is not covered in baby vomit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I thought it was for sale with tenant not affected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

ziedth wrote: »
    Seems allot to me given the climate. Unless someone has big plans first it. In my opinion I don't think anything will ever work out there without a massive investment. I think on some level those of a certain age will just see it as preachers.

Dude your take on the nightlife in Waterford is badly out dated.
    I'd hit Shortts regularly always has a decent crowd there.
    It has a Ruby's lounge feel to it (and I mean by the music, not the wondering was it actually safe to have this many people in a small room feel)
    I'm not too surprised at the price it went, it's sitting on a prime site and the place is massive in fairness.
    Any news on who bought it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

ziedth wrote: »

It was sold with tenancy and lease alreay agreed since May 2011.

Rent is 70,000 rising to 90,000 - a return for the buyer of about 16% p.a.

Considering that property is probably at the bottom and bank interest rates are max 3%, someone got a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

maybe... if it stays open.

Nypd wrote: »
    Dude your take on the nightlife in Waterford is badly out dated.
    I'd hit Shortts regularly always has a decent crowd there.
    It has a Ruby's lounge feel to it (and I mean by the music, not the wondering was it actually safe to have this many people in a small room feel)
    I'm not too surprised at the price it went, it's sitting on a prime site and the place is massive in fairness.
    Any news on who bought it ?

I will confess it's been a few months since I was in there but I have never seen upstairs busy I was talking about there rather then shorts wherei have always had a good laugh. I'm delighted to hear shorts will keep going.
    sandin wrote: »
    It was sold with tenancy and lease alreay agreed since May 2011.

Rent is 70,000 rising to 90,000 - a return for the buyer of about 16% p.a.

Considering that property is probably at the bottom and bank interest rates are max 3%, someone got a bargain.

So after the lease is up in 4 odd years they will have made their money back and they can do whatever they want with the venue? That's not a bad business model at all.

Advertisement