Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scam-mail - at long last!!

• 06-07-2012 7:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

I was sad last week. I thought all my onetime pals in Lagos had forgotten me, but now, within days of signing up for a Yahoo-based service my brothers are re-united with me.

Does any one want to play mess with the would be scammer's head, or is that against the site rules?

Hello Dear,

Do not be much surprise about my contact to you as the NEW WIRE ENGINEER/EXPERT OF CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA but read this mail carefully and I’m sure you will understand my position very well.

If I’m not making a mistake you must have being contacted by more than 30 people or more on the same subject matter. but i bet you they were very far away from the TRUTH In this kind of business you should know that you are 100 miles away from me and i know better than you do here, this is a corrupt nation where the people in power forces us to transfer without trace.

This is a great opportunity for me and you as I’m resigning immediately you confirm the first batch to me. EVERYBODY NEEDS MONEY. and you must promised to seal your mouth because of my status here, they must not trace the DEAL to my doorstep or Mrs. Nenadi E. Usman because of her status I know you had spent money but they can not perform as they do not have the key to the success.

Here is the method i want to use, HB2 proxy software hard disk is specially made for
    Apex banks not for merchant or commercial bank, it is designed for wire transfer via Apex bank of Nigeria, and this method was adopted when the present Government discovered various fraudulent acts of some senior and junior officers holding strategic position in central bank of Nigeria
    You have a file "DISK "but the problem with your fund is that your "DISK "has been marked "RED” which means that the fund programmed in the marked 'DISK' will not be transferred because it has been stopped by some group of jealous fraudulent officers whom I know,
    I shall divulge to you later. They intend diverting the fund into their private account with every available recourses at their reach. You will be shocked if I mention names to you soon after we complete this excercise,with your full cooperation by being discreet about it.

So the only option left for you now in order not to be pushed around to no avail, is to get this HB2 proxy software hard' DISK', I will copy all relevant information’s of the previous HB2 Proxy Software 'DISK’ that is marked "RED" and punch into our central data base system, which will automatically transfer your fund into your nominated account within 24hrs (working hrs) but before I punch the new "DISK" into the central data base system I have to remove the old HB2 "DISK” and destroy it completely to avoid any traces.

I am aware of your predicament as regards this fund and also your ugly experience but you have to wave those ugly experience aside and face the reality, if you wish me well then with your cooperation I shall deliver.

I decided to take this risk because of the way you are being treated by some group of mafias here who knows nothing than to brilliantly cajole every beneficiaries that comes their way, into transferring their hard earned fund into a private account of their choice.

I am telling you this from experience I know of. what I stand to benefit as soon as I get this fund transferred into your account, this should remain in you a TOP SECRET, but get yourself prepared for this method.

If you are ready for us to go ahead with this transaction you can get back to me so that I can furnish you with detailed procedural outline of the working proceedings and how to arrange the discket,I await your urgent response, think about it properly before you consider this the final option for you.

Read very carefully once again...please let me have your direct line to contact you, 

I await urgent response, to this email: <snip>

My Regards,
    Dr. Joel Jackson

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

mathepac wrote: »
    I was sad last week. I thought all my onetime pals in Lagos had forgotten me, but now, within days of signing up for a Yahoo-based service my brothers are re-united with me.

Does any one want to play mess with the would be scammer's head, or is that against the site rules?

Hello Dear,

Do not be much surprise about my contact to you as the NEW WIRE ENGINEER/EXPERT OF CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA but read this mail carefully and I’m sure you will understand my position very well.

If I’m not making a mistake you must have being contacted by more than 30 people or more on the same subject matter. but i bet you they were very far away from the TRUTH In this kind of business you should know that you are 100 miles away from me and i know better than you do here, this is a corrupt nation where the people in power forces us to transfer without trace.

This is a great opportunity for me and you as I’m resigning immediately you confirm the first batch to me. EVERYBODY NEEDS MONEY. and you must promised to seal your mouth because of my status here, they must not trace the DEAL to my doorstep or Mrs. Nenadi E. Usman because of her status I know you had spent money but they can not perform as they do not have the key to the success.

Here is the method i want to use, HB2 proxy software hard disk is specially made for
    Apex banks not for merchant or commercial bank, it is designed for wire transfer via Apex bank of Nigeria, and this method was adopted when the present Government discovered various fraudulent acts of some senior and junior officers holding strategic position in central bank of Nigeria
    You have a file "DISK "but the problem with your fund is that your "DISK "has been marked "RED” which means that the fund programmed in the marked 'DISK' will not be transferred because it has been stopped by some group of jealous fraudulent officers whom I know,
    I shall divulge to you later. They intend diverting the fund into their private account with every available recourses at their reach. You will be shocked if I mention names to you soon after we complete this excercise,with your full cooperation by being discreet about it.

So the only option left for you now in order not to be pushed around to no avail, is to get this HB2 proxy software hard' DISK', I will copy all relevant information’s of the previous HB2 Proxy Software 'DISK’ that is marked "RED" and punch into our central data base system, which will automatically transfer your fund into your nominated account within 24hrs (working hrs) but before I punch the new "DISK" into the central data base system I have to remove the old HB2 "DISK” and destroy it completely to avoid any traces.

I am aware of your predicament as regards this fund and also your ugly experience but you have to wave those ugly experience aside and face the reality, if you wish me well then with your cooperation I shall deliver.

I decided to take this risk because of the way you are being treated by some group of mafias here who knows nothing than to brilliantly cajole every beneficiaries that comes their way, into transferring their hard earned fund into a private account of their choice.

I am telling you this from experience I know of. what I stand to benefit as soon as I get this fund transferred into your account, this should remain in you a TOP SECRET, but get yourself prepared for this method.

If you are ready for us to go ahead with this transaction you can get back to me so that I can furnish you with detailed procedural outline of the working proceedings and how to arrange the discket,I await your urgent response, think about it properly before you consider this the final option for you.

Read very carefully once again...please let me have your direct line to contact you, 

I await urgent response, to this email: [email]E-MAIL ADDY SNIP[/email]

My Regards,
    Dr. Joel Jackson

Well dear, they are looking for a direct line to you: You should give them the direct line incl country-code to your local Garda station and let them take it from there when he starts asking for payments/bank account details etc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hello Dear,

I await urgent response, to this email: [/EMAIL]

My Regards,
    Dr. Joel Jackson

Give him your Ulster bank details.
    He'll top himself within a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Are you sure he's trying to scam you? I can't follow half that email, he could be asking for anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

HB2 proxy software hard disk

Sounds legit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Are you sure he's trying to scam you? I can't follow half that email, he could be asking for anything.

Suppose you could be right ;) OP help the man out and get in contact with them :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

put on an Indian accent and tell him your from Microsoft and that he has a virus on his pc

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sarabroderick

When it comes to scam baiting this is the greatest ever http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/363/enforcers?act=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just got a SMS couple hours ago from an Irish number about "someone sent me flowers" It said to go to http://onlinepages.host.sk/myv/vodafone.ie/ and enter my details, which I didn't since I knew right away it was phising for personal details.

Fookers :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Lads, sorry, but could those of you who quoted my OP <snip> the email address I inadvertently missed at the end of the email message; thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Lads, sorry, but could those of you who quoted my OP <snip> the email address I inadvertently missed at the end of the email message; thanks.

Done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Why do people have to quote a really long OP?!?!
    I'm on mobile and feel like I've been scrolling for days to get to the end of the page!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

done, no bother :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Hello Dear,

I'm in the process of one myself, it's hilarious the stuff they come up with. Mine is from Lagos too but telling me its a girl from Australia but she's stuck in Malaysia and giving all the usual sob stories. I told him I need proof and that I got the money from the Irish mafia and that they'll kill me if its not returned pretty soon after I give it. Its going on a couple days now I'll take the Michael a few days more before I bring it to an end.

Check this site out for other letters and photos the scammers have sent people: www.419eater.com

Comedy gold!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.419eater.com/html/baiting.htm
    NB. Scamers are criminals and so can be really nasty people, do not ever meet up with or provide any info they could trace you with.

In terms of sheer wasting of scammers time this is pure class - It's the Harry Potter one.

http://419eater.com/html/joyce_ozioma.htm

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 43 Sparklepants!

I rang one of these scammers in work one day on the number they provided and it turned out to be a laundrette in Bangladesh. I still haven't got my millions :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Some must be serious operations. The one I'm in the middle of having a laugh with is in Nigeria but he wants me to send the money to Malaysia! The site is great though.

Anyone ever heard of anyone that's got scammed or close to it? I honestly don't think you'd be the sharpest pencil in the box if you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I usually just highlight the bits with crap grammar and spelling errors, take the p1ss out of the makey-uppey names and titles and send the e-mail back. I look on it as my version of helping the third world. It's probably childish, but nothing much new there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I'm now John Edward Grimes <insert many letters> on the Harry Potter handwriting counter-scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Anyone ever heard of anyone that's got scammed or close to it? I honestly don't think you'd be the sharpest pencil in the box if you did.

Even when this guy went to jail for sending his clients money to scammers he was convinced he was going to get the money back

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2006/05/15/060515fa_fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Lads, why are you snipping a 419 email address?

Go nuts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Didn't someone involved in financial services here get conned, even travelled somewhere to meet some 'princess' to complete the deal and managed to get himself kidnapped and apparently a ransom had to be paid. Think he was based in co Clare..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Got this classic the other day, from the FBI no less! Needless to say I sent the money to Nigeria immediately....:pac:

WE THE FBI HAVE WARRANT TO ARREST YOU GET BACK TO US FOR YOUR OWN GOOD

Anti-Terrorist and Monetary Crimes Division
    Fbi Headquarters In Washington, D.C.
    Federal Bureau Of Investigation
    J. Edgar Hoover Building
    935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, D.C. 20535-0001 Website: www.fbi.gov

Attention, this is the final warning you are going to receive from me do you get me?

I hope youre understand how many times this message has been sent to you?.

We have warned you so many times and you have decided to ignore our e-mails or because you believe we have not been instructed to get you arrested, and today if you fail to respond back to us with the payment then, we would first send a letter to the mayor of the city where you reside and direct them to close your bank account until you have been jailed and all your properties will be confiscated by the fbi. We would also send a letter to the company/agency that you are working for so that they could get you fired until we are through with our investigations because a suspect is not suppose to be working for the government or any private organization.

Your id which we have in our database been sent to all the crimes agencies in America for them to inset you in their website as an internet fraudsters and to warn people from having any deals with you. This would have been solved all this while if you had gotten the certificate signed, endorsed and stamped as you where instructed in the e-mail below.this is the federal bureau of investigation (fbi) am writing in response to the e-mail you sent to us and am using this medium to inform you that there is no more time left to waste because you have been given from the 3rd of January. As stated earlier to have the document endorsed, signed and stamped without failure and you must adhere to this directives to avoid you blaming yourself at last when we must have arrested and jailed you for life and all your properties confiscated.

You failed to comply with our directives and that was the reason why we didn't hear from you on the 3rd as our director has already been notified about you get the process completed yesterday and right now the warrant of arrest has been signed against you and it will be carried out in the next 48hours as strictly signed by the fbi director. We have investigated and found out that you didn't have any idea when the fraudulent deal was committed with your information's/identity and right now if you id is placed on our website as a wanted person, i believe you know that it will be a shame to you and your entire family because after then it will be announce in all the local channels that you are wanted by the fbi. As a good Christian and a honest man, I decided to see how i could be of help to you because i would not be happy to see you end up in jail and all your properties confiscated all because your information's was used to carry out a fraudulent transactions, i called the efcc and they directed me to a private attorney who could help you get the process done and he stated that he will endorse, sign and stamp the document at the sum of $98.00 usd only and i believe this process is cheaper for you.

You need to do everything possible within today and tomorrow to get this process done because our director has called to inform me that the warrant of arrest has been signed against you and once it has been approved, then the arrest will be carried out, and from our investigations we learnt that you were the person that forwarded your identity to one impostor/fraudsters in Nigeria when he had a deal with you about the transfer of some illegal funds into your bank account which is valued at the sum of $10.500,000.00 usd.

I pleaded on your behalf so that this agency could give you till 6/27/2012 so that you could get this process done because i learnt that you were sent several e-mail without getting a response from you, please bear it in mind that this is the only way that i can be able to help you at this moment or you would have to face the law and its consequences once it has befall on you. You would make the payment through western union money transfer with the below details.

NAME: VINCE DURU
    ADDRESS: LAGOS NIGERIA
    TEXT QUESTION:FOR
    ANSWER: YOU
    AMOUNT: $98
    Senders name======

Send the payment details to me which are senders name and address, mtcn number, text question and answer used and the amount sent. Make sure that you didn't hesitate making the payment down to the agency by today so that they could have the certificate endorsed, signed and stamped immediately without any further delay. After all this process has been carried out, then we would have to proceed to the bank for the transfer of your compensation funds which is valued at the sum of $10.500,000.00
    usd which was suppose to have been transferred to you all this while.

Note/ all the crimes agencies have been contacted on this regards and we shall trace and arrest you if you disregard this instructions. You are given a grace today to make the payment for the document after which your failure to do that will attract a maximum arrest and finally you will be appearing in court for act of terrorism, money laundering and drug trafficking charges, so be warned not to try any thing funny because you are been watched.

THANKS FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

ROBERT MUELLER

WASHINGTON DC

J. Edgar Hoover Building

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    Got this classic the other day, from the FBI no less! Needless to say I sent the money to Nigeria immediately....:pac:

WE THE FBI HAVE WARRANT TO ARREST YOU GET BACK TO US FOR YOUR OWN GOOD

J. Edgar Hoover Building

You think you're great with the FBI on your back. My brother got this one the other day. :eek::eek:
    Date: 28 June 2012 2:57:08 AM SAST
    To: <info@intelligence1bureau.atmailcloud.com>
    Subject: RE : INFORMATION
    Reply-To: info@intelligence1bureau.atmailcloud.com

RE : INFORMATION

YOU HAVE BEEN TARGETED FOR ASSASSINATION FOR OVER A PAST FINANCIAL ISSUE .
    ALL INFORMATION AND CONCRETE EVIDENCE WILL BE FORWARDED TO YOU , BUT THAT SHOULD BE AFTER THE APPREHENSION OF THE ASSASSIN .
    PLEASE DO NOT DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION TO ANY BODY, INCLUDING ANY OTHER ENFORCEMENT IN YOUR REGION .THIS IS BECAUSE OUR EFFORT TO TRAP THE ASSASSIN MIGHT BE JEOPARDIZE , IF OUR STRATEGIES ARE EXPOSE BY OTHER ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES BEHIND THIS CRIME .

TO PROCEED FURTHER , YOU ARE ADVISE TO BOOK WITH OUR CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE BUREAU . THIS WILL ENABLE US TO PLAN YOUR INTERNATIONAL AND LOCAL COVERAGE FOR SURVEILLANCE AND PROTECTION .

TO BOOK FOR THIS SERVICE mailto: intercentral@anpa.nl

REGARDS,
    AGENT BECKAM .
    CENTRAL INTELLIGENT BUREAU .

You think you're great with the FBI on your back. My brother got this one the other day. :eek::eek:

Well if your brother had paid the $98 to our Nigerian friend like I did, he wouldn't be in this situation. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Carbon Bootprint

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    Well if your brother had paid the $98 to our Nigerian friend like I did, he wouldn't be in this situation. :pac:
    Yeah but now the FBI is after you for a FCPA violation. Better than assassination, I guess but good luck.

Isn't the president of Nigeria named "goodluck?" What does that tell you?

Yeah but now the FBI is after you for a FCPA violation. Better than assassination, I guess but good luck.

Isn't the president of Nigeria named "goodluck?" What does that tell you?

I think it tells me I'm foooked!

God forgive me for saying this but wouldn't I have been better off if I'd been killed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I always tell them that I know they are scamming, but that I could help them, by correcting the mistakes on their emails and sending them back. I only ever received a response once, but it could be amazing if it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Carbon Bootprint

I don't know of anyone that would admit it, but as I've read in numerous "credible" news sources they wouldn't keep this ****e up if it weren't paying off somehow. :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you have been scammed then be aware than anyone offering to help recover your money is likely to be another scammer.

And yes it happens often enough for it to be worth their while, because people who took the bait once may take it a second time.

also while it's fun to fake ID please don't do it - as they could reuse it

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=209233

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

What the good Cap'n said.

Also, don't use identifiable emails to goose 'em. Just in case. Quite a few 419's have Irish connections these days, and no, I'm not saying that with any ulterior motive.

Advertisement