Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyway to save these chicks?

• 06-07-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Found a nest that had fallen of the side of garage today with 3 little chicks still alive a little bit away from nest. We have stray cats in the area so pretty soon they'll be ate. Any thing i can do for them or will they only feed off the parents

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

racso1975 wrote: »
    Found a nest that had fallen of the side of garage today with 3 little chicks still alive a little bit away from nest. We have stray cats in the area so pretty soon they'll be ate. Any thing i can do for them or will they only feed off the parents

As far as I know your supposed to leave them. The mother may come back to them but she definitely won't if she sees humans or if they've been moved.

Unfortunately it's just the eat it goes sometimes. Not pleasant but it's nature.

You could try and feed them but it probably wouldn't really be viable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

wildlife rescue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

if there is no wildlife rescue near you,get an old cardboard box or a shoe box,and put them in it,leave them on a high surface or in your utility room or garage where they are safe in the house but out of the way,then get some pieces of bread and tear them up and throw them in the box..theyll be pleasantly suprised and thankful for the bit to eat..another thing i forgot to add,is that they only eat worms when they are young chicks so get your little shovel out or fish them out with your hands..and just dangle the worm over their beak and they will open their tiny cute little mouths..

Advertisement