Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Myers pronounces on forestry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭greenfingers89

his ignorance is astounding, im surprised he was allowed publish such a poorly researched article. it reads to me like a rant from his kitchen window looking out across a farm. hasnt even heard of the forest service by the sounds of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Silvics

his ignorance is astounding, im surprised he was allowed publish such a poorly researched article. it reads to me like a rant from his kitchen window looking out across a farm. hasnt even heard of the forest service by the sounds of it
    Precisely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Very odd, but he always struck me as arrogant and in this article he is very condesending to rural people. He fails to understand that the landscape he looks at is an industrial one, not some rose tinted natural utopia painting there for his pleasure. He does not appear to know very much about trees either.

Should he wish to change the landscape he should go out and buy some and walk the walk, otherwise it is up to the owner of the land as to how it is managed.

Personally i think there is a great future in wood esp firewood even on a small scale for personal use and am following through with that.

Advertisement