Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

• 06-07-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

New to cycling, used to play a lot of sport when I was a bit younger but unfortunately I have dislocated my kneecap three times in recent years. I turned 24 yesterday and want to get back fit again. I have purchased a giant composite 3 (full carbon) and used the bike to work scheme to aid me with the purchase. I went out on my first spin last night and did just under 15k. Stayed relatively local as I wanted to get used to gears,shoes and clips,etc. Prior to this I just used by mountain bike to keep fit but I decided I want to take it a bit more seriously.

I aim to get back fitter than I was previously via cycling (plus weights and running). I plan on aiming towards a 100k cycle to start off with and expand on that and hopefully compete in a triathlon in the next 12 months also.

I would appreciate any hints or tips ye may have.

Looking forward to seeing ye on the roads.

Take care,
    Dave

Comments

Advertisement