Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail Fulfilment

Options
  • 06-07-2012 8:58pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

At the moment our postage costs are massive, so I got in touch with an post and they said that with a franking machine it would be 53cent instead of 55cent. Right thats 2 cent, and for the amount of mail we send out each month to the cost of the franking machine it is just not worth getting one.

citypost can do the same for us but for 20% less at 48 cent for a 100g letter. Whats more, they come to us and collect the post as we normally run down to the post office.

Any suggestions and has anyone used citypost for mail?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

If you are sending invoices / statements just switch to electronic delivery.

As for citypost - weren't the house tax leaflets "delivered" by them with something along the lines of a 60% delivery success.

Basically its costly to run a postal system - even in the UK rates have gone up substantially recently (far higher than here now), but An post have applied for a substantial increase too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

sandin wrote: »
    If you are sending invoices / statements just switch to electronic delivery.

As for citypost - weren't the house tax leaflets "delivered" by them with something along the lines of a 60% delivery success.

Basically its costly to run a postal system - even in the UK rates have gone up substantially recently (far higher than here now), but An post have applied for a substantial increase too.

I suppose that we will eventually switch. For those who wish to be billed by post, do you think its reasonable to charge for it?

There is no direct debit system in place, other than the standing order for clients who want to split the bill up each month. Who do you use for the direct debits?

As for citypost, the advantage for us is that they collect from the office and deliver and its cheaper. Our postage costs are massive at the moment but moving to email billing is a milestone for us as not all our clients have emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭EamonOSullivan

Why not ask your customers to pay for postal costs? i.e. can you add say 1 euros as a service charge to the cost for anyone who does not accept an emailed invoice?

Alternatively, just email everyone you can and post the rest each month. More and more people are switching to email-only invoices and statements, leaving their customers with the job of printing out the invoices - e.g. Airtricity, Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rhino507

I would not recommend CITYPOST - they are a disgrace of an organisation. We sent out in excess of 500 packages with them - they only delivered approximately 30% and we had to resend again with another company at extra expense. We contacted COMREG and the impression I got I wasnt the only one complaining!! Also they keep invoicing us for post that apparently we sent in January - we only ever sent one batch with them which was in November - they have admitted that it was for a different client - but are threatening stubbs gazette! DO NOT GO NEAR CITYPOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

rhino507 wrote: »
    I would not recommend CITYPOST - they are a disgrace of an organisation. We sent out in excess of 500 packages with them - they only delivered approximately 30% and we had to resend again with another company at extra expense. We contacted COMREG and the impression I got I wasnt the only one complaining!! Also they keep invoicing us for post that apparently we sent in January - we only ever sent one batch with them which was in November - they have admitted that it was for a different client - but are threatening stubbs gazette! DO NOT GO NEAR CITYPOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, we were us ing them but they then said they could no longer service us, I have not seen any of their vans for some time and we are in an intensive industrial area. Be very careful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement