Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window Boxes for dormer windows

Options
  • 06-07-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Just been looking at our dormer windows and it doesn't seem like there is anything to screw a bracket into to hold the window box.

I would really love to put window boxes on my dormer windows. Just wondering if anyone can offer advice on how they can be put up.

Also our dormer window opens out, so it would to be low enough to allow window to open.

Would really appreciate any advice on this, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Drill holes in wall with appropriate drill bit. Rawlplugs and scews.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Classact wrote: »
    Just been looking at our dormer windows and it doesn't seem like there is anything to screw a bracket into to hold the window box.

I would really love to put window boxes on my dormer windows. Just wondering if anyone can offer advice on how they can be put up.

Also our dormer window opens out, so it would to be low enough to allow window to open.

Would really appreciate any advice on this, thanks

7mm masonary drill but.

7mm "brown" rawl plugs and use stainless steel screws too.

They wont rust away.;)

Advertisement