Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pilots shirt

• 06-07-2012 9:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭

hi all im luckin 4 a pilots shirt an markings 2 enhance my sim experience, were do you get them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dman15333

ebay.ie have some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Cessna_Pilot

Don't forget stripes, ya gotta have stripes. Sounds like you're pretty experienced so maybe ten for each shoulder, upper arm area.
    I'm sure your mother could sew you and extra couple of sliders to make room for them too so it's win win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭PapaSierra

I bought some from pilotshop.ie and I'm very happy with the quality and price (€25). They have long and short sleeve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Don't forget pilot shoes for the complete flight sim experience ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭PapaSierra

Come on, that's just his hobby. I saw people doing much weirder things (don't ask for details, please) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭storker

PapaSierra wrote: »
    Come on, that's just his hobby. I saw people doing much weirder things (don't ask for details, please) :rolleyes:

Ah go on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I like to go the whole hog and wear this when i'm "flying"

http://www.armstrongaviationclothing.com/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=86

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Hey...if UAV/UCAV pilot's can wear a flight suit....

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Lustrum

Don't forget to get one of these so you can feel the wind rushing through your hair at FL000

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-PROLINE-MF15-STEEL-HIGH-VELOCITY-FAN-STEEL-LOOK-/120936617317?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item1c28625565#ht_1222wt_962

@Cessna_pilot, makes me laugh out loud, every time that reply, classic.

To actually answer the question, you can get them from these guys in parkwest http://www.bwear.ie/index.php?cName=security-clothing-shirts

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭hopefulaplican

Davehopper wrote: »
    hi all im luckin 4 a pilots shirt an markings 2 enhance my sim experience, were do you get them?

Don't listen to the muppets who try to bring you down over your hobby. To answer your question, I agree with the poster above, pilotshop.ie, brilliant shirts.

I'll tell you a funny story. One day I was flying an A320 from Dublin to Manchester. When I arrived in Manchester I was feeling a but peckish so I ran down to my local Centra. I had a tight schedule made out so with locking up the house etc I didn't have time to change. I got stopped 3 or 4 times by people asking me about being a pilot. I just loved being able to tell people about my passion. So now it's something I do more often, makes for interesting conversations. No need to tell them you fly from home, the flying of the thing is no different so you have every right to call yourself a pilot.

All the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Priority Right

That's not a funny story it's pathetic. There is a huge difference from flying from home and in the real world. Enjoy your hobby by all means but don't go around pretending you're something you're not. It's disrespectful to the people who you try and fool. I pity anyone who has to put up with your drivel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Don't listen to the muppets who try to bring you down over your hobby. To answer your question, I agree with the poster above, pilotshop.ie, brilliant shirts.

I'll tell you a funny story. One day I was flying an A320 from Dublin to Manchester. When I arrived in Manchester I was feeling a but peckish so I ran down to my local Centra. I had a tight schedule made out so with locking up the house etc I didn't have time to change. I got stopped 3 or 4 times by people asking me about being a pilot. I just loved being able to tell people about my passion. So now it's something I do more often, makes for interesting conversations. No need to tell them you fly from home, the flying of the thing is no different so you have every right to call yourself a pilot.

All the best.

That's really really pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Do what you want, OP. Just don't tell people about it. Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Im on the line on this one,but going to the shops in dressed like a pilot and pretending to be one is taking it full Monty.
    As a previous poster suggested no there aint nothing wrong with your interest but there is a line where normal folk will see you as comedy gold.
    If i tell people i have the pedals throttles controls they laugh,by this stage im well use to it.
    I guess if there was a list of strange things people do behind closed doors this would be well down the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Im on the line on this one,but going to the shops in dressed like a pilot and pretending to be one is taking it full Monty.
    As a previous poster suggested no there aint nothing wrong with your interest but there is a line where normal folk will see you as comedy gold.
    If i tell people i have the pedals throttles controls they laugh,by this stage im well use to it.
    I guess if there was a list of strange things people do behind closed doors this would be well down the list.

Absolutely nothing at all wrong with having pedal throttle controls.

No i love em,the people that slag most likely have no interest so they dont understand .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

I see nothing wrong with using pedals on a flight sim. Enhances the realism. The more gadgets the better. I would prefer a sim to be as close the real thing as possible.

But as for a pilot's uniform, well that's a bit suspect. I don't even wear a uniform when I'm working. Sunglasses though, you definitely need sunglasses:D.

I actually use my David Clarke headset on the computer via an adapter. But it's bit odd to have the engine sound inside the headset rather than outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

Having pedals on your home Sim makes the world of difference when getting flying lessons. I had no real issues with getting to grips with flight controls but when taxying on the ground its bloody hard to get used to steering/braking with your feet and takes plenty of practice. My first few lessons were allmost embarrasing and I also found the landing rollout and turn off the runway somewhat worrying at higher speeds, especially when you're trying to get out of the way of commercial traffic and ATC are asking you to be quick off the runway.

Once I got a set of Saitek Cessna pedals I could get in tons of practice at home and felt a lot more confident next time I had to taxi during a lesson. I can control the brakes a lot better now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

drdeadlift wrote: »

Yeah happens a lot, but that's it - most people have no interests in life.

Of course, guzzling beer watching 22 billionaires run after a ball, gossiping about celebrities and wasting time in a shopping centre are cool activities.

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    Yeah happens a lot, but that's it - most people have no interests in life.

Of course, guzzling beer watching 22 billionaires run after a ball, gossiping about celebrities and wasting time in a shopping centre are cool activities.

Thats the way i see it too! Nearly every begrudger has no interest of their own at all.
    As of yesterday my pc packed it in after 7 years of good use.I think the cpu packed it in so i guess its time to invest in a new pc...for the pmdg 777 of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Jesus Nut

Is it a little bit sad to have an Old Garmin GPS wedged inbetween my Saitek Yoke & Trottle Quadrant?

I put it there just to add to the atmosphere while playing on FSX even though it does not do anything nor even work!

But it looks nice :D

As for wearing a Pilot Shirt, I think it is good fun.It shows you are digging the game. You have just given me an idea, I might wear my blazer when I am playing FSX now aswell :cool:

Advertisement