Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC v Spurs 25th July 89

Options
  • 06-07-2012 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Following on from WHL's mention of the game in the AVB thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79585649&postcount=37
    The car he mentioned was a Rover 213 sponsored by local Cork firm Top Car and it was being presented on their behalf by the Lord Mayor of Cork to the Cork City FC manager Noel O'Mahony. As WHL Gazza got the key and got into it :D. When Gazza got the 2nd goal a lad ran on the pitch to celebrate with him and the story after the game was the lad had been on trial at Newcastle when Gazza was a young player there.
    Here's a few pics from the game. More later.

vbulletinA00cityspursprogramme.jpgA00cityspursprogramme.jpg

A01spurslineup.jpg

A03eltel.jpg

A04subs2.jpg

A07stewart.jpg

A09careylineker.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

few more. Have the game on VHS so will have to get it converted some day as it features Gary Linekers first goal in a Spurs shirt.

A15gazzacelebrates.jpg

A18mabbutdog.jpg

A17word.jpg

A11gazzagunther.jpg

A13houghtongazza.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Quality, great pics

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

great pics Pat,
    Like the one of Paul Stewart, I loved him when I was a kid.
    I was at the Spurs/Bohs a few days before.
    Great Memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Great pictures Yiddo. Thanks for the memories. I also remember seeing Spurs play in Limerick around 1980. I think that I have the programme for that

Great pictures Yiddo. Thanks for the memories. I also remember seeing Spurs play in Limerick around 1980. I think that I have the programme for that too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

great pics Pat,
    Like the one of Paul Stewart, I loved him when I was a kid.
    I was at the Spurs/Bohs a few days before.
    Great Memories.

Was at that game in dalyer too. My first spurs game, ended 2-0 to spurs I think? Was Linekers debut too if I remember correctly. Still have the programme in me Ma's attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Was at that game in dalyer too. My first spurs game, ended 2-0 to spurs I think? Was Linekers debut too if I remember correctly. Still have the programme in me Ma's attic.

Indeed it was 2 - 0 (Stewart & Walsh)

WHL wrote: »
    Great pictures Yiddo. Thanks for the memories. I also remember seeing Spurs play in Limerick around 1980. I think that I have the programme for that

It was August 1981 Hoddle got 4 in a 6-2 win The game was played in Thomond Park. My only visit ever to the home of Munster Rugby :D

yiddo59 wrote: »
    It was August 1981 Hoddle got 4 in a 6-2 win The game was played in Thomond Park. My only visit ever to the home of Munster Rugby :D

6-2 sounds familiar now that you say it. Do you have all of his historical information written down or is your real name Jimmy Magee;)

WHL wrote: »
    6-2 sounds familiar now that you say it. Do you have all of his historical information written down or is your real name Jimmy Magee;)

My mother always says that I an remember all the wrong things :D;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement