Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best cleanser/toner?

• 06-07-2012 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

So, for a mid 20s newbie to the whole 'skin regime' thing - what would you recommend? I don't want to spend a load of money unless it's actually worth it. I suppose I have combination skin really.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Olay and Nivea are good stuff for the money you pay - Nivea toners are nice and Olay cleansers (and moisurisers) are brilliant. Get products that are for you skin type or else you will end up with either patchy, dry skin or an oil mess! I found that is was best to get into the routine of skin care with cheaper stuff before splashing out on the expensive products because you will get a feel for what is best for you personally and what your skin needs (TBH - even though I have splurged on products in the past, I do end up going back to some cheaper stuff time and time again!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

I love Clarins Rose Water 1-step cleanser. It's gorgeous, and only one step so it's a cleanser and toner in one. It's about €22 but it lasts about 6 months with twice daily use.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HeadOfCurls

I agree that Nivea is a good all round brand. The cleanser and the facial wash are great and smell fresh. Garnier are great too.
    But I wouldn't bother with the toner as they are a waste of money.......the BEST toner out there is simple cold water after you cleanse.
    It tightens the pores and removes residue and isn't going to irritate your skin.
    But by all means use what you feel works for you:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 not bothering with toner. They are often quite strong and can dry your skin, in my experience anyway.

I generally do the following, with a mix of brands:
    For everyday, a face wash and moisturiser with SPF in the morning. At night a cleanser to remove make up, follow up with moisturiser here again.

Clean and Clear or Garnier exfoliators are nice, usually used every few days, follow with splash of cold water and moisturiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭FairCity12

Thanks everyone, very helpful :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

The no7 beautiful skin range is lovely and cheap if you combine it with the 7.50 off vouchers!
    I'd recommend the gel cleanser and the hot cloth cleanser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I've recently started using a rose water and glycerine toner I got in boots for under €4. I have combo skin too with some sensitivity in my cheeks and this toner had really helped balance out my skin. It's often on 3 for 2 special. For cleansing I use dermalogica products that are suited to my skin. They are expensive but worth it IMO.

Advertisement