Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Work 9am-5.30pm, Gym 6.15pm-8pm, home by 8.30pm - Too late for cabs?

• 06-07-2012 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Like most fools and horses I work 9am-5.30pm so if I want a brekkie it's up at 8am and there's no hope of me getting up earlier than that lest anyone suggest morning workouts :P

Anyways, back on track, home from work by 6pm,

hit the gym floor for 6.30pm

10-15 mins cardio warm up
    45-1 hour weights (that's just my timing)
    10-15 cardio warm down

shower and change and all that and by the time i start cooking tis 8.30 or 9pm...

Surely this is far too late for carbs or is it not?

Other Info if required:
    Age 28
    5ft8
    11 stone (skinny fat, ata guess 30%, need to get measured)
    weights 3 times per week, Cto5K 3 times per week

Typical Day's Food

Brekkie - porridge with milk + ON Gold Standard Shake with water

Snack - bit of mammy's brown bread with butter and mug o tae ;)

Lunch - chicken casserole, made at home and microwaved. contains 2 chicken thighs (skin removed) and various spuds and veg incl kidney and butter beans

Snack - ON Gold Standard Shake with water, slice of brown bread again

Pre-work out - need to work on this, suggestions welcome

Post-work out - ON Gold Standard Shake

Supper - if I'm good a tuna melt with beans, if i'm not it's a spag bol (made from scratch at least!!!)

Anyway, as per my thread title, supper is very late, is it too late for carbs?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

Don't worry about it. No carbs after X o clock is a myth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Get some carbs post workout regardless of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Cork Boy

cheers lads

Advertisement