Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moors Murders

• 06-07-2012 10:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭

Worst / most evil act ever?

Should Brady be let starve himself, or let rot?

Let him rot in IMO

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

call this btards bluff and let him starve see how far he will really go,he i would say is a coward and will give up shortly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Isn't he being force fed at the moment.. 10 plus years or so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

mattjack wrote: »
    Isn't he being force fed at the moment.. 10 plus years or so

He is, read that twice a day they bring him down to a room in order to do so, it sounds vile - the chair he sits in is incrusted with the yellow goo they use in order to keep him alive, no frills, no fuss, sounds awful.

Pantsface wrote: »
    He is, read that twice a day they bring him down to a room in order to do so, it sounds vile - the chair he sits in is incrusted with the yellow goo they use in order to keep him alive, no frills, no fuss, sounds awful.

I read about him awhile ago, he's arguing he's sane or vice versa and wants to be allowed starve himself to death,someone tried to post him pills or something to commit suicide a few years ago.

why should they give frills and fuss to a evil murderer like that?i wouldnt give him 5 star treatment :pac:

• Advertisement

why should they give frills and fuss to a evil murderer like that?i wouldnt give him 5 star treatment :pac:

I don't think they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Bury him alive in the moors he frequented.

He was 27 when he was arrested, Jesus, that shocked me, so young to be so fooked up & evil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Good production about the whole event up on youtube, See No Evil

I forget the exact family breakdown, I think it was the brother in law who got vilified by the locals though he was never convicted of anything

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+moors+murders+joanne+froggatt&oq=the+moors+murders+joanne+frog&gs_l=youtube.3.0.33i21.2727.6704.0.7513.14.14.0.0.0.0.96.502.14.14.0...0.0.gc9pkOE5ukA

Tis good, Joanne Froggatt and Maxine Peak in it, both excellent actresses

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Good production about the whole event up on youtube, See No Evil

I forget the exact family breakdown, I think it was the brother in law who got vilified in the locals though he was never convicted of anything

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+moors+murders+joanne+froggatt&oq=the+moors+murders+joanne+frog&gs_l=youtube.3.0.33i21.2727.6704.0.7513.14.14.0.0.0.0.96.502.14.14.0...0.0.gc9pkOE5ukA

Tis good, Joanne Froggatt and Maxine Peak in it, both excellent actresses

She was excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I believe the search is ongoing for the last of the missing bodies. Brady himself can't remember it seems, which is a feasible excuse when taking into account the time which has elapsed and the size of the area.

will have to give it a watch im watching walking dead at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

For clarity:

As he is now assessed as having mental problems (there's a shocker!) technically, he's deemed not responsible for his current actions - so the government is legally responsible for his welfare more so.
    More so if they like it or not, they then have to feed him until a point comes in the future that he's deemed sane and he can be moved back into a standard wing of a prison.
    If he thereafter wishes to starve himself to death - that then as he would be "sane", would be his prerogative. He would be allowed do so without further stepping in by the state.

Morally and legally, the British government has to be seen following the law (its a double-edged sword).
    ...But you can be fairly sure there is many in the government (besides the population) that would really like to see him hung by the balls.

all this cost for some evil psychopath who if he was out would cost even more in police resources trying to find this guy and not to mention all the havoc wreaked on the families of the victims..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

There is nothing worse than the murder of a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,276 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

There is nothing worse than the murder of a child.

The murder of multiple children?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

No to all three

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Let's just agree it was evil.

Attempting to place it somewhere on a scale would be an odd endeavour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Let him rot in IMO

The guy is deemed to be insane. Should we let every insane person kill them-selves?

getzls wrote: »
    The guy is deemed to be insane. Should we let every insane person kill them-selves?

ahh sure, god love him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Let's just agree it was evil.

Attempting to place it somewhere on a scale would be an odd endeavour.

It'd definitely make some obscure '17 most dastardly crimes to read about on Wikipedia' list.

getzls wrote: »

In 1986, a long time after his scumbag actions

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

I don't believe in the death penalty

But the sooner he dies the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

He's a cunt, and i hope he dies screaming for a priest.

Kamjana wrote: »
    He's a cunt, and i hope he dies screaming for a priest.

I doubt he will. He'll be glad when he goes, it'll end his crap life. I say keep him alive as long as possible, it sounds like hell

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I saw an interview a couple of years ago about the case. Poor little Keith Bennet's mam was interviewed, still weeping for her little boy, all these years later:(. Once a week she heads up to the moors to search with another son. I wish they could find the poor wee lad. I read a book on it, horrendous story. That witch is gone and good riddance but that evil creature Brady shouldn't have the choice over whether he lives or dies.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I saw an interview a couple of years ago about the case. Poor little Keith Bennet's mam was interviewed, still weeping for her little boy, all these years later:(. Once a week she heads up to the moors to search with another son. I wish they could find the poor wee lad. I read a book on it, horrendous story. That witch is gone and good riddance but that evil creature Brady shouldn't have the choice over whether he lives or dies.

whats the book?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

He has stated numerous times he wants to be let die, therefore keep him alive,don't give him what he wants, he needs to rot for as long as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

whats the book?
    I'm sorry I can't remember the name of it but it wasn't a name that gave away the story as I didn't know what it was about 'til I read the back of it. My mother in law lent it to me and can't remember where it went since I gave it back. It was an old musty book, I think a reporter covering the case at the time wrote it. I remember the bit covering Edward Evan's murder particularly upsetting, really graphic. I'm nearly sure the book was written before Pauline Reade's body was even found (1987).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭forfcksake

The wiki page is very interesting, so much that I read it all http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moors_murders#section_10

Smith, Hindleys brother in law, who informed the police about them died only a couple of weeks ago in the university hospital in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Let him rot in IMO

It gets to a point were evil is just maxed out, killing kids is at that point. It could be argued that Hitler was less evil as he didn't do it by his own hand.
    Both definatley scum though

In 1986, a long time after his scumbag actions

And that matters? He's insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭RHarrow

I don't see what benefit is being served by keeping him alive. He's been in there long enough for the punishment to act as a deterrent. More years of what amounts to torture at a cost to the British taxpayer doesn't seem like the most worthwhile of ideas.

Deem him sane, let him kill himself and consign it to history.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Junoesque

He's lived longer than I would have allowed already.

I hope he is in pain and it's getting worse.

I can think of no good reason for anesthetics

RHarrow wrote: »
    I don't see what benefit is being served by keeping him alive. He's been in there long enough for the punishment to act as a deterrent. More years of what amounts to torture at a cost to the British taxpayer doesn't seem like the most worthwhile of ideas.

Deem him sane, let him kill himself and consign it to history.

Or let him suffer to the end, as his victims did? Those are the options really.
    At what stage should punishment be a dettterent and not just pure punishment?

• Advertisement

al28283 wrote: »
    Or let him suffer to the end, as his victims did? Those are the options really.
    At what stage should punishment be a dettterent and not just pure punishment?
    It's kind of pointless though at this stage, is it not? I mean, it's not bringing the victims back, it's not providing any more consolation for the families and indeed the fact that he's still alive would probably be of more concern than if he were dead at this stage.

Given that he is out of the public eye and mostly out of the public mind, they may as well just be taking taxpayer money and burning it at this point because nothing is being gained by it and I would imagine, given how long he has been in there, that the sheer repetitiveness of it all has rendered everything basically meaningless to him at this stage.

RHarrow wrote: »
    It's kind of pointless though at this stage, is it not? I mean, it's not bringing the victims back, it's not providing any more consolation for the families and indeed the fact that he's still alive would probably be of more concern than if he were dead at this stage.

Given that he is out of the public eye and mostly out of the public mind, they may as well just be taking taxpayer money and burning it at this point because nothing is being gained by it and I would imagine, given how long he has been in there, that the sheer repetitiveness of it all has rendered everything basically meaningless to him at this stage.

I understa dyour points, but how do you feel about present day offenders such as Brevik? Shouldn't scum like that suffer until the very last moment? Death is too good for some people, the very fact that Brady wants to die should be reason enough to keep him alive, that is his punishment That's what he earned when he killed those kids, and he still won't give up the locations of the remaining bodies. Give those up and he can die

al28283 wrote: »
    I understan dyour points, but how do you feel about present day offender such as Brevik? Shouldn't scum like that suffer until the very lat moment? Death is too good for some people, the very fact that Brady wants to die should be reason enough to keep him alive, that is his punishment

Well, if we're going to make people suffer physically or mentally for their crimes, why not do it properly and start using torture methods like were used previously and are still used to this day in the US?

My point is I don't think, given how repetitive days will have a tendency to gel together into a blur, that he's suffering all that much any more. I'd imagine he's more just sick of the whole thing. Should he be given an exit from that? I don't know, I can't see much point in keeping him alive simply to keep him alive though.

Brevik is an interesting guy, I'm not quite sure what to make of him really. For one, I believe he is absolutely sane and that he is involved with a movement or organisation that the officials are trying to now downplay the presence of. I don't think Brevik murdered to murder, unlike Brady and Hindley, he murdered to make a political statement, make an impact much the same as suicide bombers do.

I don't think it was anything personal with the people involved nor a thirst for blood, just a result of him getting wrapped up in something and using lives as a pawn in a game so to speak.

It's hard to say what should happen him but incarceration is definitely the answer because if he gets out, he will absolutely carry out more of such acts in a bid to further his political agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

This thread is making me hungry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Unfortunately probably not.

Let him rot in IMO

I'd be very much the state should be above letting him rot but I'd be tempted to forego principle in cases like this!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

The most evil single act in recent history is the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs/3guys1hammer murderers although there definitely is something to be said about the destruction ol' Joe Fritzl did to his own daughter's life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

Let him rot in IMO

why are they wasting money on this fu&k..?

if i was a warden or working on maintaining him, feeding him i would most likely kill the fu.ker anyway....some tainted saline drips do the biz, or some breaking bad style 'ricen' even better.

what a waste of resources

Really, people don't get it. The murders were awful. He is now insane. I repeat, if you had a friend, and forget about their history or none. If this friend of your's was detained and deemed not responsable for their actions would you want them to starve to death? Seems yes by most.

Advertisement