Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple mail in repair

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

Just want to share my first experience with this.

Ordered the service on Sunday and received the empty box on Tuesday. Picked up by UPS on the same day and got a replacement on the following Monday. So that's a very decent turnaround. One week. The tracking was definitely a bit laggy behind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

lee3155 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Just looked today. There was a problem with the UPS site and my tracking wasn't being updated all the time. In fact my iPhone is already in the UK and should be back with me in a couple of days.

They did apoligize. I'm just glad it's in their hands. Thansk for all your help everyone!
    Great to hear because I'm in the exact same situation as you where by a taxi also collected my package. I was getting worried last night when I didnt get any updates lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Yakult wrote: »
    Great to hear because I'm in the exact same situation as you where by a taxi also collected my package. I was getting worried last night when I didnt get any updates lol.

Haha it's in good hands! They called me today sand said they are going to replace my phone with a refurbished one, great news :D the backing of my phone is scratched like hell and now it's gonna be all shiny :D :P

I was worried about the taxi a small bit cause I know they help dhl and all TNT but what worried me the most was when I rang them to confirm they hadn't a clue about taxis :P ah well all good now!!

Do let me know how you get on. Also their tracking my be a little laggy so do. Worry if it doesn't update for a couple of days, they definitely have it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

So it arrived at Apple on Friday. Got the status email from Apple and since then it said "Product Replacement Pending". Same again today and then the UPS van arrives. Got a replacement, delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Yaaa all round love apple care..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Yakult wrote: »
    So it arrived at Apple on Friday. Got the status email from Apple and since then it said "Product Replacement Pending". Same again today and then the UPS van arrives. Got a replacement, delighted!

My status "Product Replacement Pending" stayed like that for a full month before I got the email confirming the replacement. Thank God the new phone arrived with in two days.

Agent_99 wrote: »
    My status "Product Replacement Pending" stayed like that for a full month before I got the email confirming the replacement. Thank God the new phone arrived with in two days.

Yeah mine has been like that for the last couple of days, got the phone though so it can stay like that if it wants :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭Recoil12

Just a quick question on warranty coverage.I have a problem with my iphone 4s(drops calls but can send texts).
    Thread:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79899282#post79899282

I am covered by apples limited warranty but I don't have applecare.Will the limited warranty cover me for a mail in repair or do I have to have applecare?
    If the limited warranty does cover me is there a possibilty of getting charged at all for the repair?
    Any help please?

Recoil12 wrote: »
    Just a quick question on warranty coverage.I have a problem with my iphone 4s(drops calls but can send texts).
    Thread:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79899282#post79899282

I am covered by apples limited warranty but I don't have applecare.Will the limited warranty cover me for a mail in repair or do I have to have applecare?
    If the limited warranty does cover me is there a possibilty of getting charged at all for the repair?
    Any help please?

So long as you are still under your one year limited warranty and the problem with yor phone wasn't cause by yourself then you are eligible for mail in repair and they won't charge you a penny :)

You only need applecare when your one year limited warranty runs out to continue protection against your phone/product.

Thanks very much,that really is a big relief.I will book a repair now:D

• Advertisement

Received my phone back from apple today,the process taking over two weeks:mad:,and the phone still has the same problem:confused::mad:.Should I send it back again and hope for a replacement or just sell the phone?

Received my phone back from apple today,the process taking over two weeks:mad:,and the phone still has the same problem:confused::mad:.Should I send it back again and hope for a replacement or just sell the phone?

Odd alright, book another repair. Prob took long cause of the issue and the long bank holiday weekend. They should replace the phone at this point.

I just booked another repair,hopefully this will be quicker and more successful.

I just booked another repair,hopefully this will be quicker and more successful.

Hopefully! It should though cause they know it was sent to them and once its the same prob then they will most likely replace the phone. Should have it back soon once its sent off (yn)

Received a replacement phone today,delighted:D:D.I don't know if it's brand new or not but at least it works properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Got replacement phone meself on Thursday, only took 6 days turnaround. Battery on my 4s had really deteriorated, replacement a lot better...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

When you get your replacement phone and you have to ship the old phone back in the provided packaging....when you call UPS to arrange a pickup do they charge you? I can't imagine them coming to a place you specify and picking it up for free anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

No they shouldn't charge.. Apple have the collection/postage prepaid

MuddyDog wrote: »
    When you get your replacement phone and you have to ship the old phone back in the provided packaging....when you call UPS to arrange a pickup do they charge you? I can't imagine them coming to a place you specify and picking it up for free anyway.

Nope they don't charge. All paid for by Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

When the new phone comes do you have to hand the old one back to the UPS driver straight away or call UPS and arrange a pick up on a different day once its done within the 10 days it shouldn't matter should it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Call them and arrange a pick up. I'm nearly sure it has to be with Apple within 10 days

whiterebel wrote: »
    Call them and arrange a pick up. I'm nearly sure it has to be with Apple within 10 days

I got an email from Apple when I ordered a replacement telling me the exact date that the phone has to be back to them or the late fees would apply. The late fees are almost half the cost of the phone! My issue was the mic on the phone is intermittent. Sometimes I can hear the person on the call, other times I can't. Using the speakerphone or earpods was the only was around this. I sent the phone to them this morning and the mic was working perfectly this morning when I tested it!! Hopefully they find the problem as it has been going on for a week or more now. What would happen if they think there's no problem with the phone? Would I get charged something for wasting their time?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

whiterebel wrote: »

Yes it has to be with Apple within 10 working days of receiving the replacement but i'm just wondering do you give your faulty phone to the UPS driver the day he gives you the replacement or is that a totally different transaction?

Yes it has to be with Apple within 10 working days of receiving the replacement but i'm just wondering do you give your faulty phone to the UPS driver the day he gives you the replacement or is that a totally different transaction?

Different, you call the number that is in the booklet you receive with the new phone and order a pickup of the package.

Advertisement