Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview Advice

Options
  • 06-07-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Ok in need of advice for when this does eventually surface my next interview - I left my last contract under not so great circumstances - a letter of resignation. A company sent me abroad without a visa to legally work in the host country with the promise that whilst I was out there they would be working on some kind of visa for me. Being in the foreign country awhile I realised that this company did not have my best interests at heart and I decided to leave the company without a great deal of notice - not good but this way I wouldn't lose even more money as that was a problem I was having with them also.
    At the moment I am worried how my exit from the contract will affect the risk the next employer will think it will have taking me on, even if I explain my reasons for leaving the way I did. Any thoughts?
    P.S Been working with this company on and off thoughout my career I can't leave them out of my c.V as if it never happened

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Moved to Work Problems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Tell the truth; you was sent to work in a country with out an appropriate visa which they had promised to deliver but failed to even after you pushing them on it multiple times. To protect yourself you left the position and returned to your home country.

Advertisement