Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much can i claiming the tax back when leaving the country...

Options
  • 07-07-2012 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi guys,

hope you all doing good..

I wanted to know how much tax would i be able to claim approx in case if I leave ireland. I lost my job here in mid june this year, i worked for an IT company for last 10months. I am not finding any interesting jobs and salary is lesser than being paid in the earlier company. Thinking to go back to my native country. I will appreciate if you could let me know how much will be refunded if i claim the tax back. Here is the details...
    Gross pay for PAYE this yr since 1st Jan'12 - 45156
    tax deducted since 1st jan - 11650
    usc deducted since 1st Jan - 2820

I need to take few decisions based on this. I appreciate your help in advance.

God bless you guys !!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Moved from state benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 59,602 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

Try my spreadsheet to get an idea of the amount- when you enter your details, go to the 'Net pay calculations' sheet for the values (no warranty offered as to 100% correctness, however).

Iif you're logged in, the spreadsheet is accessible at the address shown in my signature line below - otherwise get it at the 'About me' tab on my profile)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭relax carry on

sve wrote: »
    Hi guys,

hope you all doing good..

I wanted to know how much tax would i be able to claim approx in case if I leave ireland. I lost my job here in mid june this year, i worked for an IT company for last 10months. I am not finding any interesting jobs and salary is lesser than being paid in the earlier company. Thinking to go back to my native country. I will appreciate if you could let me know how much will be refunded if i claim the tax back. Here is the details...
    Gross pay for PAYE this yr since 1st Jan'12 - 45156
    tax deducted since 1st jan - 11650
    usc deducted since 1st Jan - 2820

I need to take few decisions based on this. I appreciate your help in advance.

God bless you guys !!!

It depends on your circumstances. Are you single? Are you claiming additional tax reliefs or credits? Are you claiming jobseekers benefit as its a taxable source if income. You say go home to your native country; how long have you been resident for tax purposes.
    PAYE can be a very individual thing so its difficult to say what your refund amount would be without knowing more (please don't post any more information). But any refund due would be based on unused credits and rate band from when you ceased, up until the end of the tax year.
    You can look for partial refund of PAYE paid this year once you are unemployed for 8 weeks are more. If you are leaving for good, a review for the entire tax year will be carried out.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/personal/tax-refunds.html

Advertisement