Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dreams and Visions Moving Muslims To Christ

• 07-07-2012 12:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

JERUSALEM, Israel -- Several years ago, Ali took the Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca known as Hajj.

"Of course when I went to Mecca I was going there in order to pay hommage to the Kabba and to fulfill the requirements in Islam," he recalled.

But the trip became more of a spiritual journey than he could ever imagine.

"That night I saw Jesus in a dream. First, Jesus touched my forehead with his finger. And after touching me, He said, 'You belong to me,'" Ali recalled.

"And then He touched me above my heart," he continued. "'You have been saved, follow me. You belong to me,' he said."

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/insideisrael/2012/June/Dreams-Visions-Moving-Muslims-to-Christ/

I thought this was kewlllll

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Onesimus wrote: »

What do you think?

A great story alright but I can never understand why God touches people who aren't necessarily seeking him and yet there are plenty of Christians who pray for their loved ones to be saved and yet this doesn't happen...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

It's all right, he moves in mysterious ways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

This can work both ways too though, I know I read some stories before about people who converted to Islam based on a dream. Often people only attach credibility to such things when it relates to someone joining their particular religion. It seems quite possible that this guy could have been thinking about Jesus or Christianity before he had the dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

What do you think?

I think someone is incapable is discerning the difference between deep REM sleep, and reality. A guy saw Jesus in his dreams, and thinks it has some significance. Let me guess - The vision of Jesus was a cookie cutter "tall, dark and handsome man, with a beard and a robe".

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭qrrgprgua

dlofnep wrote: »
    I think someone is incapable is discerning the difference between deep REM sleep, and reality. A guy saw Jesus in his dreams, and thinks it has some significance. Let me guess - The vision of Jesus was a cookie cutter "tall, dark and handsome man, with a beard and a robe".

Don Bosco all his life had dreams. He had many prophetic dreams, meaning "revealing something of God and his truth"

I don't know if they Muslims who dreamt of Christ is true or not. But I do know that God can use dreams to reveal truths to us.

• Advertisement

qrrgprgua wrote: »
    But I do know that God can use dreams to reveal truths to us.

And you know this, how? Are you privy to information that the rest of the world isn't? How do you discern the difference between a lucid dream in deep REM sleep to a prophecy? The reality is - you can't.

And you know this, how? Are you privy to information that the rest of the world isn't? How do you discern the difference between a lucid dream in deep REM sleep to a prophecy? The reality is - you can't.

Have you read any of his dreams?

qrrgprgua wrote: »
    Have you read any of his dreams?

Don't answer a question with another question. Yes, I'm familiar with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

The Scriptures are full of those who had proper dreams of the Lord and it is also full of warnings about dreams too.

St.Joseph is but one example of those who can tell between an authentic dream of Christ and a false one. God usually gives the grace to understand to the recepient of the dream itself. This grace cannot be understood. But if the dream moves a person to bear much fruit then it can be said to be from Christ.

Splendour if we don't always get what we want in prayer, usually this has a lot to do with us not praying properly or it could take more prayer than we think also.

St.Augustine's mother prayed for him all her life and he finally converted on at her deathbed as did Augustines father also convert on his deathbed.

It takes a lot of prayer and doing it properly. I feel our prayer becomes more heard by God when we shed ourselves of sin through confession and by means of attaining the grace of humbleness and humility. God hears the prayer of a humble man.

The Scriptures are full of those who had proper dreams of the Lord and it is also full of warnings about dreams too.

St.Joseph is but one example of those who can tell between an authentic dream of Christ and a false one. God usually gives the grace to understand to the recepient of the dream itself. This grace cannot be understood. But if the dream moves a person to bear much fruit then it can be said to be from Christ.

Splendour if we don't always get what we want in prayer, usually this has a lot to do with us not praying properly or it could take more prayer than we think also.

St.Augustine's mother prayed for him all her life and he finally converted on at her deathbed as did Augustines father also convert on his deathbed.

It takes a lot of prayer and doing it properly. I feel our prayer becomes more heard by God when we shed ourselves of sin through confession and by means of attaining the grace of humbleness and humility. God hears the prayer of a humble man.

That's a lot of typing for not saying anything.

Prayer has no results, ever. Imagine the millions of starving children in Africa who probably pray harder and longer in a week, than you have your entire life - and their prayers go unheard, and they died in the most horrific manner.

When was the last time someone with no legs had their legs grow back from prayer? Never. Prayer is redundant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Prayer has no results, ever. Imagine the millions of starving children in Africa who probably pray harder and longer in a week, than you have your entire life - and their prayers go unheard, and they died in the most horrific manner.

When was the last time someone with no legs had their legs grow back from prayer? Never. Prayer is redundant.

Jesus himself prayed that if it be his fathers will that the cup of suffering would pass from him. He died the most horrific death too on the Cross. God knows whats good for us. We leave it to his will in prayer. Many Martyrs who imitated Jesus also died a horrific death in the colluseum ( cant spell it :mad::pac: ) in Rome at the mouths of lions. They prayed to be delivered but were not delivered. They died for the faith and got something much better than preservation of their lives in this world.

Prayer also is not just about ''gimme gimme gimme'' it is about ''giving giving giving'' the Lord and offering our time for him. God is not an ATM in which we just slot the card in and take what we want. Our Lord desires to have a relationship with us. I couldn't imagine someone staying with a woman who just used him for her own needs all the time. Why should we expect God to hang around a soul who only wants his desires fulfilled and nothing else?

I saw a guy with no arms and no legs. He said he was not angry at God for what he did not have, but thankful for what he had. A nice attitude to adopt methinks.

anyhow this is not a thread about prayer, it is one about muslims coming to Christ in dreams.

You frame prayer in your own context.. in your own paradigm.

Once you frame prayer and our life in earth in the paradigm of eternity then it all makes sense.

Its a question of Faith. Without faith its hard to understand prayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

What do you think?

We already follow the teachings of Jesus, and Moses, and Abraham. Sounds like Ali found Islam when he went to Makkah ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Mintoz

There is no way you can truly know that prayer has no results. It can never be proven or disproven, so leave it. But don't make such ridiculous statements.

Also, regarding the children of Africa, it is the rich countries, us, who are responsible for that. He hasn't left them to die, we are supposed to be helping them, we can help them, but clearly people have more interest in buying cosmetics, dildo's, xbox's and ice cream. It is also our meat consumption that is doing most damage, because we feed all their grain into the cattle and sheep instead of giving it to them.

What have you done so far? Because feeling sorry for a starving baby when he shows up during the ads, isn't enough. I always find the people to point the finger are unconsciously guilty that they have done next to nothing, so they feel compelled to pass the buck, onto God, who has to our shame, given us all the faculties we need to help them.

In regards to this amputee nonsense. Who said we need arms and legs to come to know and love, honour God? You're basing their needs for arms and legs on wanting the perfect life, sometimes and I've experienced myself, these disabilities can actually make us nicer people, and more humble, more understanding.

Remember MTV's super sweet 16? Yeah, I thought so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Mintoz wrote: »
    There is no way you can truly know that prayer has no results. It can never be proven or disproven, so leave it. But don't make such ridiculous statements.

You've just said that the results of prayer can't be proven or disproven... Therefore stating "prayer is redundant" is no more ridiculous than someone claiming "Pray to your saviour and you shall be answered"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Mintoz

You've just said that the results of prayer can't be proven or disproven... Therefore stating "prayer is redundant" is no more ridiculous than someone claiming "Pray to your saviour and you shall be answered"

Prayer can still have results, without anyone able to prove it. In fact, for many people it is very reasonable to believe one's prayers have been answered, since they asked for it. Each experience is subjective and cannot be proven to others. Sometimes the answer is no, but people find that difficult to accept.

Advertisement