Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RCF Art 310 A Vs Alto TS112A

• 07-07-2012 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

I have an opportunity to buy a single RCF Art 310a for a nice price, for small venue and party Dj sets. I haven't heard it yet.

Would this be a good choice (as a single speaker)?

Or does anyone have any experience of the Altos? I've read a few good reviews and the price is good (for the pair in this case).

Before we go any further, I know what I should be buying if I had the money, but I don't, and don't have a good enoughor cause to shell out loadsa cash on gear I'll rarely use. Im not going up to 15s, I'll consider a sub in the future, I'm sticking with active, can't afford a pair of Mackies etc etc...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Rcf > alto but 2 > 1!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭cojobt

sweetie wrote: »
    Rcf > alto but 2 > 1!!
    Yeah but I can get one RCF for about €250 (there's only one available), while 2 Altos will cost me about €600...although I'm not saying one RCF Art 310a is equivalent to 2 Altos. It's just a very nice price and I'm not sure I want to resist any longer.

I'm thinking I might get the RCF, try it out for a while, see if I need to double it and keep an eye out on ad sites for another single one...however, if I decide I dont like it, I'll flog it and go for a pair of Altos instead.

The thing is, if I get the Altos now, I know I'll always think I should've gone for the RCF when it was in my reach.

It's very complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yeah RCF is best bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I agree the rcf is better, however finding one top for sale is strange let alone finding another one later. Be prepared to buy a new one later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

1 speaker for a venue ?

actually one 10" speaker for a venue ?

But if you are going that way RCF, i've had their active 12" and 15"

Oh and Mackie bought RCF to get their technology so its really the same speaker.

• Advertisement

The RCF was reduced to £99 so naturally I snapped it up, but when I got it home it was blown. Took it back to shop. The guys were as surprised and disappointed as I was. It's been sitting on their shelf for over a year. I've been watching it carefully. So, got a full refund.

At the same time I had decided to go for a pair of RCF ART 322a which were on for a v nice price, and contacted the guy about picking them up today, but he had literally just sold them.

V disappointed on 2 counts.

Now I'm back to square 1 and looking at a pair of Mackie SRM 450s, used, for a fair price on adverts, or the Alto TS112a which I haven't heard yet. However the Altos are brand new and under warranty.

Of course I'm also thinking I wish I hadn't sold off my QSC amp and DBX crossover last year so I could go more easily go back to a passive system.

Decisions decisions.

Got a pair of TS115As in the end. They were on whybuynew for £398, plus £5 shipping, B-stock. At that price I thought I couldn't lose, and figured if I didn't like them I could flog them for a similar price.

I have to say I'm very happy with them. Very clear highs and mids, great bass. 2 of these on poles without a sub fills a room very well. 2 RCA/Jack inputs on each, with an RCA loop output, means easy connection. They also have two separate inputs with individual volume controls which I'm sure might come in handy at some point.

I have only had a chance to test them out for a couple of hours, playing direct through DJM 600 and also Audio DJ 2. Of course the sound be shaped a bit better with a graphic equaliser between the source and the speakers, but overall I'm very happy.

Advertisement