Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prison forum

Options
  • 07-07-2012 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭

It's my understanding that all posts by banned users must be pre-approved by an admin. Understandable.

However, why do you often see a query/excuse from a user and no response?

Surely the admin who approved the post could have also responded to it, or else why bother approving?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Probably because it takes seconds to read the post and approve.
    Can take longer to form a reply that is suitable.

Its like getting a text, you'll look, read it and maybe reply straight away or come back later when you can be bothered and answer it. Not everything deserves an answer at that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

It's my understanding that all posts by banned users must be pre-approved by an admin. Understandable.

However, why do you often see a query/excuse from a user and no response?

Surely the admin who approved the post could have also responded to it, or else why bother approving?

Creating the thread doesn't have to be approved.
    It's only replies that are pre-moderated.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Orim wrote: »
    Creating the thread doesn't have to be approved.
    It's only replies that are pre-moderated.

This is what happens. The initial post appears, but subsequent posts need to be approved. If another admin is dealing with a poster, the approving admin usually does not get involved.

Also, there are times when a post made has a long history behind it and the poster in question is just taking the piss, while feigning a genuine concern. These are usually ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

My only complaint with prison forum would be that I can't thank the admins/mods who are posting there, loving the comedy aspect of it :)

and sorry about that

76d31508_c851d40e_Derail_1.jpeg

Runs away:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

My favourite type of prison thread goes as follows:

OP: I seem to have been banned. Could i please be unbanned as i really like this site and would like to engage in intelligent debate with other posters? I can assure you my behaviour from now on will be exemplary.

Admin: I'm afraid i cant unban you as you pmd several users and threatened to rape their mothers dead body.

OP: WELL **** YOU THEN. ****IN SITE IS GAY ANYWAY. ****IN ON A POWER TRIP ******. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

My favourite type of prison thread goes as follows:

OP: I seem to have been banned. Could i please be unbanned as i really like this site and would like to engage in intelligent debate with other posters? I can assure you my behaviour from now on will be exemplary.

Admin: I'm afraid i cant unban you as you pmd several users and threatened to rape their mothers dead body.

OP: WELL **** YOU THEN. ****IN SITE IS GAY ANYWAY. ****IN ON A POWER TRIP ******. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    I'm telling gordan you ripped off his bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

My favourite Prison thread was when this guy demanded "LIFT MY BAN!" in each of his posts on the thread. Quite amusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I liked the one where they were secretly tunnelling their way out for years and years, all the while pretending to be model prisoners.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

As a former inmate myself my advice would be to stay on a clean road.
    It's tough in there and it turns you crazy with frustration.
    I've reformed now though and am very happy here on the internet:)
    God bless boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I've reformed now though
    Final answer? :D

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    Final answer? :D
    B please Bob.

B please Bob.
    It's Chris actually ;)

It's Chris actually ;)
    I'm not actually sure what's going on:p

Why is that red hand thumb there, I didn't click it?

Thats a sign you give that you dont like me or my comment or both :eek:

Thats a sign you give that you dont like me or my comment or both :eek:
    I like all boardsies, maybe just not agree with them all the time. If the ones that hate me, I love you all:D
    Peace and love,
    rock on.
    Ted

Im just messin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Prison truly is comedy gold.
    I would love to be able to thank, but totally understand why we can't.

My favourite ones are the threads where the repeated re-regs finally despair and plead to get back in.

That and the legal action bluffers who collapse when confronted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

The best is: Gordon, be fair, see reason, let me back in. I'm reformed person now. I won't cause any more trouble.
    Well now, you've have X amount of bans and Y amount of alts
    F**K YOU! YOU'RE A NAZI! *insert extra rabble*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Personally I love the ones that blame their little brother for messing with their account.

I think I even remember one who was pretending he was his own father and was punishing his son for trolling but he wanted the ban on the account to be lifted so he could use it instead!! It was pure gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Dean09 wrote: »
    Personally I love the ones that blame their little brother for messing with their account.

I think I even remember one who was pretending he was his own father and was punishing his son for trolling but he wanted the ban on the account to be lifted so he could use it instead!! It was pure gold.
    And here it is...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055646595

• Registered Users Posts: 33,715 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Still one of my favourite Boards threads ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Like Penn, that's one of my favourite boards threads ever, too! Couldn't believe the guy, every single post he made he was digging himself into a holw. I really hope he was trolling us, that would have been genius!

Advertisement