Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apparently Iminmusic is closing down

Options
  • 07-07-2012 3:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

While walking past Iminmusic yesterday I saw a sign in the window saying they're having a closing down sale.

The range of instruments on offer was never very good (I once went in and they didn't have a single acoustic guitar for sale) and it was incredibly difficult to try anything out as you would be seated in the middle of a noisy shop. God help you if you wanted to try out an acoustic guitar while someone else was at the other end of the shop trying out an Ibanez plugged into a Marshall amp. It came in handy for buying the essentials though. Now if I need a set of strings or a plectrum I can't just get them in the town. I really hope someone else takes over and keeps it as a musical instrument shop. The thought of living in a town with no music shop isn't a very nice idea in my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

We we're discussing this in the off topic thread during the week and I mentioned the possibility of a new music shop opening in town.

Well there is one opened out where Doyle's of the Shamrock is in Graigue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

While walking past Iminmusic yesterday I saw a sign in the window saying they're having a closing down sale.

The range of instruments on offer was never very good (I once went in and they didn't have a single acoustic guitar for sale) and it was incredibly difficult to try anything out as you would be seated in the middle of a noisy shop. God help you if you wanted to try out an acoustic guitar while someone else was at the other end of the shop trying out an Ibanez plugged into a Marshall amp. It came in handy for buying the essentials though. Now if I need a set of strings or a plectrum I can't just get them in the town. I really hope someone else takes over and keeps it as a musical instrument shop. The thought of living in a town with no music shop isn't a very nice idea in my opinion.
    I always found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. its sad to see them go

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Is Dolly still there? She was always really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Morf wrote: »
    Is Dolly still there? She was always really nice.
    Aye she is, or i guess was is now the more appropriate term. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

Super-Rush wrote: »
    We we're discussing this in the off topic thread during the week and I mentioned the possibility of a new music shop opening in town.

Is'nt that just a distributors for Cort guitars, are they selling other stuff now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭tom traubert

kwalshe wrote: »
    Super-Rush wrote: »

Is'nt that just a distributors for Cort guitars, are they selling other stuff now?

I've been told that they are retailing now. I've not been in there though so can't speak about range of products etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Where is this shop, over by McDonalds?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Where is this shop, over by McDonalds?

Yes it's just down from Mcdonalds.It's re-opening next week

musicvault.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

DK Music in newbridge has closed down, and I'd heard about Iminmusic during the week as well. Nobody mentioned that it was reopening :confused:

I always found the lady in there very helpful.

Advertisement