Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy basketballs in ireland?

• 07-07-2012 9:03am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭

Looking for a decent spalding/molten indoor&outdoor ball but elverys etc only do the cheapo rubber ones.

Any good shops around dublin for this stuff? (i know i can buy them online)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Looking for a decent spalding/molten indoor&outdoor ball but elverys etc only do the cheapo rubber ones.

Any good shops around dublin for this stuff? (i know i can buy them online)

Thanks

Should be easy to find in Dublin. Google wil point you in the right direction.
    Online is your cheapest bet though. By far cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I went on a hunt for one about 2 weeks ago. I found Elverys is the only sports shop that has them any more, and that it is almost impossible to find a leather one, I had to settle for a rubber one myself.

I didn't venture into town, I just looked through Bray, Carrickmines and Dundrum, but Lifestyle and Champion Sports don't have any basketballs at all, Elverys in Dundrum had molten FIBA outdoor balls for €16 but they seemed like really bad rubber ones that you would buy in Smyths. In the end I found a decent Nike rubber basketball, the "Baller" one which doesn't feel as bad as the others and is a bit closer to leather, for €9 in Argos which is a great price in fairness, comes deflated though but I got a pump for €5 which I needed anyway. Although it's a major step down from the Spalding NBA indoor/outdoor ball I got on eBay a few years back, it's better than most rubber balls I find. Here it is:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3021361/Trail/searchtext%3EBASKETBALL.htm

Good luck with your search and let us know if you find a decent one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭A fella called fish

Thanks for that mikey, im amazed that champion and lifestyle dont even sell them! Basketball Irelabd have a lot to answer for I reckon, no promotion for the sport whatsoever.

Looking like i might just order online - more dollar out of the economy! Great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Did you think off trying the national basketball arena! they sell them over the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭i_am_joey

wondering why BI didnt support the sport...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

JJB in Blanchardstown are selling the Nike Dominate balls, they are rubber but they are quite good, they feel like leather and take well to tarmac etc.. €12.50

Nike-Dominate-7-Basketball.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I've ordered two balls off Amazon.de, might have to use Google Translate to understand it, but the balls work out a good bit cheaper than buying in the UK and quicker than the US, with a decent selection to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭arikv

I got here by Googling what's in the topic here, I've had a basketball ball that I got two years ago, Nike's official Euroleague basketball but someone stole it while playing outdoors (I was out resting and when the lads finished playing it was gone).
    I've found this crowd that at least have a Molten BB which should be not the worse compared with the rubber lame excuse for a ball:
    http://www.mcsport.ie/balls-!98-cat.html
    Anyone ever heard of them?

so once you got the balls :D how about if you get something to carry around?
    like this f***ing money-grabber of a product

p-17741.jpg

http://shop.fleetilya.com/BASKETBALL-CAGE.html

so once you got the balls :D how about if you get something to carry it around?
    like this f***ing money-grabber of a product

p-17741.jpg

http://shop.fleetilya.com/BASKETBALL-CAGE.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭A fella called fish

400 pound?! I think i'll get two..one for each of my balls..

Advertisement