Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spot spraying marker

• 07-07-2012 9:17am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭

hi
    with a dry(ish) day forecast for some day i need to get the knapsack out for a bit of spot spraying. i need to put a dye/marker in the mix to see what ive done/missed
    ive seen the dye in local co-op but its 60+ quid so does anyone have another ideas?
    i thought maybe chalk for a chalk line or food dye would be a much cheaper option. will this react with pastor/roundup/mcpa
    i would have thought food but be fairly stable and none reactive .
    cheers c

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

cjmc wrote: »
    hi...
    i need to get the knapsack out for a bit of spot spraying.

I never knew such a product existed. Thanks for posting ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

snowman707 wrote: »

I bought a bottle of this from Magenta. Only got it last week. I will let you know how it works out. Will have to wait for better weather.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

a bit of food coloring will do the trick perfectly, maybe easier to go buy special stuff than have "her indoors" giving you grief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

i hope food dye does , 50c each :p

• Advertisement

Ok folks, I finally got to use the bottle of 'Done That'. I have to say it worked a treat. I was spot spraying thistles with the Quad Type sprayer in the transport box. Mix was 100ml of Done That per 100 Lt of the MCPA/Water mix. It marks the weeds well. In fact when you look down the field you can easlily see what you've done. It doesn't stain the inside of the tank either, which I was expecting it to do. I did the odd rush too but it doesn't mark as well, the thistles are a lighter colour, so better contrast on colour.

http://www.magentadirect.ie/proddetail.php?prod=done-that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

might have to get it . 25e inc p&p though. my food dye experiment didnt go too well. :o ah , i might keep testing !.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 flyingfarmer

Unichem make a product called Blu-Mark. Its sold by the litre and just for this job. Great stuff. Field however stays blue for around 3 days afterwards ive been told!!

Its around €20 a litre, with maybe 100ml going into a Sprayer.

Sold in Glanbia stores Nationwide.

Rhys
    046 9024125

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

e20 seems expensive for what it is.

don't use any marker but return to the field after a few days and zap any I missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

ootbitb wrote: »
    e20 seems expensive for what it is.

don't use any marker but return to the field after a few days and zap any I missed.

€20 is from Glanbia:rolleyes: Anything from any of the these stores is one thing more than anything else ........ EXPENSIVE:( Glanbia, Kerry, the whole lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

BeeDI wrote: »
    €20 is from Glanbia:rolleyes: Anything from any of the these stores is one thing more than anything else ........ EXPENSIVE:( Glanbia, Kerry, the whole lot of them.

ya finding the kerry store is pretty much the dearest for everything locally and they would be the biggest store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

ordered yesterday when i read this thread, arrived this morning so that was pretty quick

The bottles are 500 ml so that will do 500 Lts of spray. Believe me, thats a lot of spot spraying.

Advertisement