Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good butcher

Options
  • 07-07-2012 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a good quality butcher in Dublin city that will grind your cuts of meat upon request?
    Haven't been to many butchers in recent years so it could be a silly question

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

FXB on Talbot St will probably do that for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I would try Peakin's, Leonard's Corner/South Circular Road, Dublin 8

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Des is spot on with FXB on Talbot st., Any good butcher will mince your meat there and then (if that's what you mean by grind?). I'd suggest FXB's on Moore st. for a larger choice of meats though. Great value to be got if you take a stroll from FXB's on Moore street to Troy's on the same street to Whelan's on Parnell st. comparing prices.

Edit; Mind you, I believe some butchers aren't actually butchering, but just buying in vac packed meat and selling it. I know FXB's are butchering and if you live near East Wall Curtis's are butchering. Not sure about the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I think Whealans on Parnell St may be closed down now. Noticed it closed up when I passed by during the day last Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Going to FXB on Moore Street for well over two years now and only once was I not impressed with their cuts. Quality butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Ennis butchers in Rialto is top quality and worth a visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Gileadi wrote: »
    I think Whealans on Parnell St may be closed down now. Noticed it closed up when I passed by during the day last Thursday

Think they moved to dorset st. Shame, because they were right next to my work and used to do great italian sausages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

It is a nail bar now

FXB's on Moore street (or Talbot street) are very good in my experience, always got good meat off them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Think they moved to dorset st. Shame, because they were right next to my work and used to do great italian sausages.

Any idea where on Dorset St it is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

I'm afraid not, just remembered someone in work said they had moved up there, I'll try find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

If its the place I think it is then its down by the big tree pub, next to the fruit and veg shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 StevenGerrard

Its Not in The city centre but Kerrigans in Baldoyle industrial estate is very good and reasonable and the employees are very friendly and chatty:)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

I'm afraid not, just remembered someone in work said they had moved up there, I'll try find out.

did you found out about whelan's where they are... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I have heard that Whelans has closed shop altogether.

Advertisement