Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mixing rate for roundup weedkiller

Options
  • 07-07-2012 10:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭

could anyone advise me as to what ratio you mix roundup with water

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Is it not one cap of Roundup for 5L of water?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 51 ✭✭lawnmower_man

Heroditas wrote: »
    Is it not one cap of Roundup for 5L of water?

according to home and garden website , its 2%

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

the rate I worked out from the packet (which gives various amounts for various uses) I wrote down and use is

30ml roundup to 1 1/2 liters water

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sido

I think there are different strengths of Roundup (glysophate) so it is hard to be definitive. I currently use 50ml in 5 litres. You have to experiment. You will know if you have got the dose right because the weeds will look slightly different the day after you have sprayed them.
    I have also noticed that I could get away with lower concentrations of glysophate by using a finer spray. A 5 litre hand pump spray would work on a weaker solution than a knapsack sprayer. Though obviously if you are talking about covering a serious area the knapsack saves a lot of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

I use 125ml in 6 litres of water, which is 25ml per litre. It works well on all weeds, gorse, long grass, docks, nettles, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Any reason why you are using Roundup instead of Gallup or Touchdown, both of which are about half the price of Roundup? 200ml of Gallup or Touchdown per 15 litre knapsack works well for me on weeds in paving and around hedging.

Advertisement