Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that get to me about boards......

• 07-07-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭

Self styled Thread Police, the ones who keep posting in a thread and if a "newbie" to the thread adds comment, they lambast you for encroaching in their space, especially if your opinion differs from theirs. Few forums on here where prevelant, soccer main one I've seen. Post count more important than content tbh.
    IT'S A PUBLIC FORUM PR*CK.

They are just as bad as the scurge of forum society, the Gramer police;), oh f*ck off and get a life.

Then the ones who ask a question, knowing the answer they want is actually the wrong one (fact), but will ignore all who give the factual right one and wait until the fool who knows nothing of the content gives their "opinion", ffs, go play with the traffic and stop wasting my time.:rolleyes: (This one I personally call the Joe Duffy poster:D)

I have also seen on here posters who swear that Wikipedia etc is fact. That makes me smile.

Also, if a thread has been done before, the posters who cut you down for daring to redo a previous topic. Some people have just joined up ffs and others have a life and dont lurk on here 24/7. If you have nothing to add, piss off and dont add a comment, and thread will naturally die a death.:p

I enjoy scooting around the forums but these are just some of the things that irk me, sometimes make me laugh but it's not real life.

Feel free to add your likes/dislikes about our little commune of boards or if it's been done before, sometime in the last 2 months;), dont add comment and it will disappear before the days out.

It would be boring if we all agreed, even some of the time, but in fairness, some on here are not from this planet.

(as I sit in wait for grammer police, waiting with my slingshot to take em out one by one)

Comments

Damn the gramer police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

some people are obsessed with becoming moderators, i dont see the attraction. apart from the obvious reply someone will post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I'm confused.
    You're annoyed that people have a go at other people but decided it's okay to call them a prick?
    And no, it's not a public forum. It's a private forum (like every one other on).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

:rolleyes:Too many emotocons :rolleyes:make people :D sound jittery :olike Brad Pit in 12 Monkeys..:eek: emotions all over the place:mad::):p

:confused:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

i'm sure i have added something humors comments on serious threads only to find it magically diapered the next day. it leaves me questioning my sanity, did i click post reply, yeah i did, did i

but as the op says it is a public site so unless you are abusive to the site or other users your comment should remain even if slightly off comment. IMO but i will expect others to quote some site rules now.

• Advertisement

Boards.ie is a community, you're unlikely to like every single person and the things they do/say in any one community. Not least one where people can voice their opinion anonymously.

The positives of boards far outweigh the negatives brought in by some people.

So quit bitchin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Lustrum

txt spk

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

Sacramento wrote: »

So quit bitchin!

bitchin rocks

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

I've said it before and i'll say it again i'd like the Clowns removed from boards .I'v seen many very good topics ruined by them and the thread was'nt worth any further attention . I'd very much like to see pruning for other reasons also . A fee paying area maybe for bona fide 1000 posts + .I would'nt mind as long as it's clown free .

lookitsme wrote: »
    bitchin rocks

So bitchin is bitchin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

paddyandy wrote: »
    I've said it before and i'll say it again i'd like the Clowns removed from boards .I'v seen many very good topics ruined by them and the thread was'nt worth any further attention . I'd very much like to see pruning for other reasons also . A fee paying area maybe for bona fide 1000 posts + .I would'nt mind as long as it's clown free .

There is a section for subscribers. First class lounge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Armelodie wrote: »
    :rolleyes:Too many emotocons :rolleyes:make people :D sound jittery :olike Brad Pit in 12 Monkeys..:eek: emotions all over the place:mad::):p

:confused:

:pac:

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Oh for ffs. Another thread in AH bitching about boards. Take it to feedback OP:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭The Master of Disaster

Damn newbies . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

I dont like how boards says no text talk but yet the first thing you see when you type boards into da Google is 'now ye're talkin'.

It is da extremity of hypocritocalness imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I love you all like you were my children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

You came to the wrong fourm mothertucker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I love you all like you were my children.

Dad, ma says you're behind on the maintenance again.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Are standards irrelevant ? Down wit gramar an bad spellin correctors too !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Dad, ma says you're behind on the maintenance again.

Look, over there!

*closes account*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

For me its the religious people that make up random illogical arguments to try to show that they are right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

Krispie wrote: »
    I have also seen on here posters who swear that Wikipedia etc is fact. That makes me smile.
    What if it is a properly referenced and sourced article?
    There is a section for subscribers. First class lounge.
    Does it include complimentary belly rubs? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

GarIT wrote: »
    For me its the religious people that make up random illogical arguments to try to show that they are right.
    I don't like people that bring religion into every goddamn thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Modoraters make baby jesus cry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 307 ✭✭CodyJarrett

OP just being added to "the list".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

GarIT wrote: »

For me, it's the non-religious people that rebuff my made up random illogical arguments to try to show that I'm wrong. :P

Praise Jesus!

*awaits to be smote*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Every once in a while someone starts a thread like this and it takes less than a day before a huge fight breaks out so I'm going to nip this in the bud.

Just to note - this is a privately owned site and you don't have free speech. Free speech is vetoed by the welfare of the boards hamsters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement