Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Monday horrors..

• 07-07-2012 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

Company BBQ yesterday. Free bar all night.

I've the shakes sitting here with a cuppa tea now. Don't remember much about the second half of the night. I'm cringing at the thought of going in Monday morning.

Who else has shared my pain, and did you do something worth a P45? :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I hear ya. Company thing last night, took rank abuse of the free booze. There were photos being taken :eek:

And I don't really remember a lot of it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Change how you look and pretend to be the new guy on Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Yea it's truly one of the most awful feelings.
    But most people will not hold it against you if you even did something inappropriate . And there'll be plenty who'll just be worrying about what they did themselves.
    This is hard advice to follow especially with a hangover OP, but worrying is a waste of time and worrying about worrying is even more of a waste:D
    Unless you got aggressive or something just chillax :D:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

Yea it's truly one of the most awful feelings.
    But most people will not hold it against you if you even did something inappropriate . And there'll be plenty who'll just be worrying about what they did themselves.
    This is hard advice to follow especially with a hangover OP, but worrying is a waste of time and worrying about worrying is even more of a waste:D
    Unless you aggressive or something just chillax :D:)

The trick to these outings is to stay sober enough to record everything.

That's the fast track to management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

just hope that everyone else was as drunk as you..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Feelings of remorse and what the feckity fuck did I say are commonplace after a work night out - just console yourself that everyone else who was there is feeling like that today too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shuridunno

I've had some really stupid alcohol fuelled antics at work parties, but I was never alone. Monday would bring a bit of slagging on all sides, nearly everyone felt the same.
    It's when everyone goes quiet when you come in and doesn't make eye contact you should get worried:eek:muhahahaha

Of course that NEVER happened to me:o

Dartz wrote: »
    The trick to these outings is to stay sober enough to record everything.

That's the fast track to management.
    :D Maybe!!

I worked for a company briefly where the track to management involved "hanging" your co workers. So glad I don't work for that shower of bastards anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Went into work after being out the previous Friday. The HR manager bumped into me and laughed, went for a cuppa, one of the girls said that I disgusted her, took a call on the phone and the person said they would rather talk to someone else.

Manager called me into his office, told me my behaviour was not acceptable, he then burst out laughing....the whole thing had been a setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Sykk wrote: »
    I've the shakes sitting here with a cuppa tea now.

Smoker? Your increased consumption of smokes whilst drunk gave you the shaking stephens.

• Advertisement

IrishAm wrote: »
    Smoker? Your increased consumption of smokes whilst drunk gave you the shaking stephens.
    It could just be the drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

You'll be grand OP! The best thing about a free bar is that everyone will be in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Stop worrying about it, you've got a dose of the 'Fear'. Have a few drinks, loosen up a bit, things are going to be fine trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Stop worrying about it, you've got a dose of the 'Fear'. Have a few drinks, loosen up a bit, things are going to be fine trust me.

This man speaks the truth, get yourself a few cans of Dutch Gold for the office on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Have you tried the "ah sure it was just a headache tablet John in accounting gave me, but he told me was an E this morning".

Get John in accounting fired, get off scot free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Might not be too bad or maybe some of the following happened?

1) You acted obnoxious with the bosses telling some new cool business ideas
    2) You farted/sharted in front of some people and they really really noticed
    3) You tried it on with some person(s)
    4) You pushed some of the jokes too far and insulted people.
    5) You became all tough talking and a great fighter

Have a good day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I reckon the OP got his lad out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Got really drunk at a christmas one time and made some serious moves for one of the girls that worked in another department... Was only slightly embarrassing, until I found out her boyfriend also just started working in the place..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Don't worry, everybody feels the same way. The trick is to ensure that someone else is more noteworthy than you. It doesn't really matter that you puked on the boss's shoes if Bill from Finance fell down the stairs and broke a window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If you can't remember it,it never happened

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

If you can't remember it,it never happened

Gospel truth.

Advertisement