Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Entire housing estate sells for €235,000

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Did anybody think urban paintball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Wouldnt it great if they were finished now, and sold at a realistic price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

An Irish family who are returning from America bought the castle in Athy.

It had an auction guide price of 50,000 euro.

I hope they like Athy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

paddy147 wrote: »
    An Irish family who are returning from America bought the castle in Athy.

It had an auction guide price of 50,000 euro.

I hope they like Athy though.

No one likes athy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Athy Castle??..........Why Didn't they buy a real one? :confused:

• Advertisement

This one http://irishantiquities.bravehost.com/clare/mountcashel/mountcashel.html
    was sold less than 20 years ago for 40,000punts. The maintainence of a castle is'nt funny!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Chucken wrote: »
    This one http://irishantiquities.bravehost.com/clare/mountcashel/mountcashel.html
    was sold less than 20 years ago for 40,000punts. The maintainence of a castle is'nt funny!

That one looks pretty uninhabitable though!

In all honesty, I think I'd be too spooked to live in an actual medieval castle :o

That one looks pretty uninhabitable though!

In all honesty, I think I'd be too spooked to live in an actual medieval castle :o

Ah you can only see the outside. It was lovely inside. Restuarant and the whole lot along with the families living area. They were'nt allowed to do too much outside because its a National Monument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

That's not cheap. I managed to buy 3 politicians for €10,000 and a few pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

It's great news the housing estate was bought. This is a sign that the economy is starting to get going again. I hope they make good profit from it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

No one likes athy

an post sent me a snarky note on a parcel I got last week, apparently I've been writing my address wrong for the past ten years and I actually live in athy

I'm still coming to terms with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

an post sent me a snarky note on a parcel I got last week, apparently I've been writing my address wrong for the past ten years and I actually live in athy

I'm still coming to terms with it

I had a female love interest there once who didn't quite feel the same about me as my spelling was too good and therefore I was posh. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

kincsem wrote: »
    It's great news the housing estate was bought. This is a sign that the economy is starting to get going again. I hope they make good profit from it.

I wouldnt get too carried away, it's probably more a case of if you make something cheap enough, someone will buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

re the housing estate I'm not sure if the houses have been connected to electricity and water yet and they will need further work done to them. they will need to be given a cess pit each too which will have to be inspected. the location is not the best either still there is money to be made there, maybe.

Advertisement