Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business casual?

Options
  • 07-07-2012 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,051 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right place to post this.

Have to attend a series of interviews & meetings in the uk next week & have been told to wear "business casual".

Only problem is I'm not sure what this is, I've asked a few people & have had varied replies. Everything from suit & shirt but no tie to plain casual shirt & slacks/dressy jeans.

Any definitive answers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭smeharg

OU812 wrote: »
    Hope this is the right place to post this.

Have to attend a series of interviews & meetings in the uk next week & have been told to wear "business casual".

Only problem is I'm not sure what this is, I've asked a few people & have had varied replies. Everything from suit & shirt but no tie to plain casual shirt & slacks/dressy jeans.

Any definitive answers?

Suit shirt no tie.

You might get away with slacks and casual shirt - but where's the business element?

Definitely not jeans - of any description.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

Business casual comes with with the golden rule of no jeans for sure.

Then, slacks and a suit-type shirt. Or suit pants if you want, but that's more just a suit with no tie!

Advertisement