Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Trim Castle Hotel Haunted.

Options
  • 07-07-2012 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi a friend of mine who is normally very sensible tells me he stayed in Trim Castle recently and woke up in the night to find a nun in his room praying at the end of his bed. Is the hotel haunted or was he under the weather. Can anyone throw any light on who the nun may be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Not the forum for this. If you want a "serious" response.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Never heard of that, been living close to Trim all my life.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

tells me he stayed in Trim Castle recently and woke up in the night to find a nun in his room praying at the end of his bed.

There are no beds in Trim Castle, it's a ruin for tourists to look at, so yeah he was definitely under the influence if he slept there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I'd say there was a lot of "Blue Nun" involved...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SavageHenry

He may have been having a lucid dream, there are substantial ruins in the area and a lot of history in the town which may have crept into his subcontious. I find it strange when people are around these old buildings that there are always reports of monks and nuns. I lived there for a while and never experienced anything like that. Do you no if he said he was unable to move during the sighting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

He may have been having a lucid dream, there are substantial ruins in the area and a lot of history in the town which may have crept into his subcontious. I find it strange when people are around these old buildings that there are always reports of monks and nuns. I lived there for a while and never experienced anything like that. Do you no if he said he was unable to move during the sighting?

Yeah, sounds like sleep paralysis!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

under the weather.

:) I love that expression, only in Ireland could being locked be equated with having a cold or flu!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

PauloMN wrote: »
    :) I love that expression, only in Ireland could being locked be equated with having a cold or flu!

...or blaming a hangover on a "bad pint"!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

Wouldnt surprise me, the garden from the nearby convent would have stretched down that far years ago, long long before it was built on.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭INCONFIDENCE

I have been checking around Trim. My friend could have been right apparently there was a cemetery for nuns attached to the convent nearby. The nuns sold then land for development and the bodies were exhumed. The spirits must have been disturbed.

• Advertisement

I have been checking around Trim. My friend could have been right apparently there was a cemetery for nuns attached to the convent nearby. The nuns sold then land for development and the bodies were exhumed. The spirits must have been disturbed.

That's about two miles from the castle and even then, AFIK the exhumation rumours are only that.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

bladespin wrote: »
    That's about two miles from the castle and even then, AFIK the exhumation rumours are only that.

The Trim Castle Hotel was built on this site (The Nun's Garden), which I think is what the OP is referring to rather than the castle itself. The nuns sold the site to the council for development of a public car park, and there was uproar when it somehow ended up in the hands of private developers.

AFAIK some nuns were exhumed from the garden and moved to another cemetery before the land was sold. Maybe they forgot one :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

?url=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F_g_qXXK7DGE4%2FTHV98bdylfI%2FAAAAAAAAKCs%2F_j1RF11D-Q0%2Fs1600%2Ffather-jack1.jpg&hmac=d82cdf81ec488f23bc2282a48c51050f

NUNS!!!

Not sure if Nuns spirits actually haunt places, surely they'd be head of the queue for 'better' places ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

bladespin wrote: »
    Not sure if Nuns spirits actually haunt places, surely they'd be head of the queue for 'better' places ;)

Maybe they had some bad habbits........... Gets coat...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I think Father Jack hit it on the head when he said, "NUNS! NUNS! REVERSE! REVERSE!" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eaglebhoy

Jeebas ! That was our Wedding reception hotel ! No Nuns that I heard about (or saw) then at that time at least !

• Registered Users Posts: 44 rockynavan

pervvy ghost nuns watch you when you sleep lol whats the room number myt book a night lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Barbieliveshere

Shouldn't nuns be off having the craic in heaven? Not scoping round peoples' rooms in trim!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Scary nuns going around a hotel annoying people? sounds like a tv3 investigation is needed! :D

• Advertisement

Fantastic but how do you check for ghosts. Can you take pictures , is there a smell , can you hear them , do you feel a chill when you are in their presence.Who could TV3 send I hope its Clare she might want to stay .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

No such thing as ghosts.

No such thing as ghosts.

Great to hear I can sleep in peace are you an ex Ghostbuster who got rid of them all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

In before the lock... this thread is going nowhere and fast! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Monkeypj

Hi a friend of mine who is normally very sensible tells me he stayed in Trim Castle recently and woke up in the night to find a nun in his room praying at the end of his bed. Is the hotel haunted or was he under the weather. Can anyone throw any light on who the nun may be.
    This is funny because I'm from the town and recently a member of my family had a strange experience near the hotel too, she was walking to work very early in the morning and seen two nuns they seemed to be chatting , when she got closer she seen that they had long habits and large rosery beads that were swaying around their waists,being in a hurry she quickly passed them and said good morning , being an older woman she was used to seeing nuns years ago dressed this way, but just as she passed them she realised it was a strange sight in this day, when she turned around to have another look they where gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

Monkeypj wrote: »
    This is funny because I'm from the town and recently a member of my family had a strange experience near the hotel too, she was walking to work very early in the morning and seen two nuns they seemed to be chatting , when she got closer she seen that they had long habits and large rosery beads that were swaying around their waists,being in a hurry she quickly passed them and said good morning , being an older woman she was used to seeing nuns years ago dressed this way, but just as she passed them she realised it was a strange sight in this day, when she turned around to have another look they where gone

Maybe they went into the hotel for some soup :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Monkeypj

Maybe they went into the hotle for some soup :p[/Quote]

Fairly early hour for the soup!

Advertisement